Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-09-2004, 09:48 PM   #1
Saiyan Princess
Vegeta's Lil' Princess

Tekken Cosplay

I noticed I really haven't seen any Tekken cosplayers at any of the cons I've gone to this year. Maybe its because a new game isn't out or something. Anyways. I want to cosplay as Anna Williams one day and was wondering if amyone got tips on how to get the huge dragon on her dress. A few friends have said embroidery (sping?) but that would be hard and time consuming. I was thinking of printing it out on that special paper and iron it on.

Also I was wondering if anyones cosplayed a Tekken charcter or want to some day. It would be cool to have a Tekken group at Fanime or AX.
Saiyan Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-10-2004, 05:14 AM   #2
Nietsche
Have a SUPER good time!

They're sparce in the cosplay populace but look hard enough and you'll spot them!
I know for one thing that Karisu-sama and kids have done cosplay of that ilk.
I've seen Hwoarang (TaeKwonDo uniform, Special ops and Slick back hair Goggles form) Jin Kazama..that's all I can rememeber right now...
I might do one too...who knows..(I'd like to see any form of Yoshimitsu!)

Some small info on pandas- Eats, shoots and leaves!
(this is an excellent book btw)
The difference a little punctuation makes!
Nietsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2004, 05:51 AM   #3
Melanie
That's right, worship me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan Princess
Anyways. I want to cosplay as Anna Williams one day and was wondering if amyone got tips on how to get the huge dragon on her dress. A few friends have said embroidery (sping?) but that would be hard and time consuming. I was thinking of printing it out on that special paper and iron it on.
I think the dragon would look BRILLIANT as an applique. Or if that idea doesn't appeal, you could always screen print it.

Good luck with your costume! I've only ever seen Jin cosplayed, so I'm looking forward to seeing how your Anna turns out!
Melanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2004, 01:31 PM   #4
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Tekken cosplay is pretty rare. I've seen cosplays of Jin, Christie, and Xiaoyu, but that's about it. I remember my friend wanted us to do Anna and Nina together a while back, haha. @_@ That was years ago. I like some of the new designs for Tekken 5, but I have other things I wanna make before I even think about trying anything from it. :P
Back when I was younger I loved Tekken 3, and Hwoarang... and my boyfriend's gonna cosplay Hwoarang for me. XD Yaaaaay. That probably won't be at AX though. ^^;

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2004, 01:35 PM   #5
Freya113
Looks can be deceiving...

There needs to be more Tekken cosplayers, so its awesome that your going to be Anna. For the dragon, would it work if you just painted directly on the fabric? Appliques would look good too though.
Heather------Silent Hill 3 COMPLETE!!!!
Original gothic Lolita--------planning
-----------------------------------------------
*~ Cosplaying isn't just a hobby....it's a way of life. Get happy and start cosplaying today.~*
Freya113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2004, 03:34 PM   #6
Jun_Kazama

I've done a few Tekken cosplays: Steve Fox, Hwoarang- biker (I have a pic of this in my gallery), Hwoarang-army gear (T4), Unknown (2nd player costume), Jun Kazama (TTT start outfit), and I started a Jin Tekken 5 costume but I don't know if I finish. I'd really like to cosplay as Asuka Kazama and Hwoarang from T5 and Julia from t4. I'm a wicked fangirl, I even have Jin/Unknown's tattoo

A far as getting the dragon on the dress there's embroidery (as you mentioned). There might be places that can do it for you if you don't wanna, but they may be expensive. There's fabric paint which looks alright if done right.
As far as iron-on paper, I've had pretty bad luck with the paper for colored fabric, so I don't know how well it'd work. You can always try it on scrap first though. ^_^

Last edited by Jun_Kazama : 10-10-2004 at 03:43 PM.
Jun_Kazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2004, 05:09 PM   #7
Dagger
Oooh, soft.

I was contemplating making Anna's dress, and I think a stencil and fabric paint would work. However, I thought it was a bird, not a dragon?
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2004, 09:10 PM   #8
Freya113

You're right, Dagger. I think the design on the side of the dress is not a dragon, but a phoenix. I have the Anna action figure and that's what it looked like, at least.
*~ Cosplaying isn't just a hobby....it's a way of life. Get happy and start cosplaying today.~*
Unread 10-10-2004, 11:46 PM   #9
Saiyan Princess
Vegeta's Lil' Princess

Thanks everyone for the ideas. I'm going to consult with my costume helper on which method he can use. And thanks for pointing out its not a dragon. Its been a while since I played the game.
Saiyan Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2004, 01:18 PM   #10
AllStarAlice
Astrosexy

I did Christie's 2P outfit from Tekken 4 for myself, and I made a Ling Xiaoyu costume for my friend. There are pics of both of us in my gallery ~
Unread 11-01-2004, 11:17 PM   #11
eyedea803

I think Im gonna make a Steve Fox costume for the next con I go to. I already have the same shape and build as him and my hair is just a little darker. By the time the con rolls around Ill be tan and have ripped abbs haha. I dont know which outfit of his Ill pick though.
eyedea803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2004, 08:49 PM   #12
loner

anime destiny berkley

im going as bryan fury!!!! from tekken 3
loner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2004, 11:33 PM   #13
Saiyan Princess
Vegeta's Lil' Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by loner
im going as bryan fury!!!! from tekken 3
i still can't believe I missed that. I thought you were but I wasn't sure. I'm a bad tekken fan! To make up for it I'm getting serious about cosplaying as Anna Williams. I just bought a wig and the red gloves on ebay. The dress shouldn't be too hard to make and DarkLordofFluff said he can paint on the pheonix.

Does anyone know when Tekken 5 comes out? I know Loner wants a huge tekken group at Fanime 2005. Can anyone join?
Unread 11-18-2004, 05:29 PM   #14
Mr. President
Should've voted for ME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyan Princess
i still can't believe I missed that. I thought you were but I wasn't sure. I'm a bad tekken fan! To make up for it I'm getting serious about cosplaying as Anna Williams. I just bought a wig and the red gloves on ebay. The dress shouldn't be too hard to make and DarkLordofFluff said he can paint on the pheonix.

Does anyone know when Tekken 5 comes out? I know Loner wants a huge tekken group at Fanime 2005. Can anyone join?
Tekken 5 is supposed to be hitting stateside this month and is already in alot of testing locations around the east and west edges of the US.

I'm a huge Tekken nut.

If I go as anyone, it'd probably be King. Except tis hard to find a mask that looks quite like his and when I DO find them they're all tigers.

I think a Kunimitsu costume would kick the ass. But i'm not the build or gender for that.

For your daily dose of all things Tekken, visit Tekkenzaibatsu.com.

It's been updated almost daily with new Tekken 5 news.
Mr. President is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2004, 11:52 AM   #15
Freya113

Quote:
know Loner wants a huge tekken group at Fanime 2005. Can anyone join
Arg, if only Fananime wasn't in California! My friend did a cool Kunimitsu costume and my sister and I are working on Xiayou and Nina. We would join you, but we live just a wee bit too far away (missouri!!). Good luck with your costume and hope you find a good group to cosplay with!