Unread 12-30-2006, 04:43 PM   #332
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by spheris View Post
hmmm...
only got one problem.
How do I make Ganondorf's sword glow? O.o
Easy. Photoshop. ^^ It';s how I do all my Master sword glows. If you mean as an on-site practical effect...LEDs, EL, or something similar, it's how the ForceFX sabers have their glow.
Mystery Cosplay - ???
Things to do - Armor...lots of armor and makeup.

Upcoming Events

"Look to the Skies...and the Hero will come..."
Link_Harkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2006, 06:35 PM   #333
Breeface
No wai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquility6487 View Post
Sorry this is off-topic, but are there any Gerudos in Twilight Princess? I just got to Gerudo Valley and I haven't seen any yet..
Possible spoiler? Maybe? xD
Highlight to read.

The only Gerudo that I know of in the game is Telma the lady that runs the bar in Hyrule Castle Market. I beat the game and I didn't see any others ;x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconargentum View Post
Well, since the Twilit Messenger seems to be a go, does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do the head? I need it to be fairly light (since I won't be standing upright in this costume), some sort of stone look-alike, and have some way for me to see out of it (I don't really want to have large holes cut out of it and overtly visible. Some sort of mesh, like from the Scream masks, maybe?). Any suggestions, or directions to places I could look for help?

Also, anyone have any idea what type/brand of paint and techniques I should use for the markings so that it wont crack or flake off?

Thanks, yet again.

I was thinking about trying to make a Twilit Messenger head...thing as well with the rest of the foam I have from when I made my Midna Helm -> http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=935445
I went to an upholstery place like UFO and got some foam from there. It SAID it was insulation foam. It's white, flexible and comes in a varity of thickness' It's also really easy to work with and pretty cheap as well.
For all the little details I used 3D puffy paint from any old art store and it worked really well.
And for the top color coat at the same upholstery place I got the foam from I got ....SEM Color Coat Flexible Coating. It doesnt crack when the foam is bent ( as least it didnt when I tested it out ) But it MAY flake a bit if like... you pick at it or something. Probably be smart to coat it with a clear coat to keep it form happening ( I didnt do this xD; ) It's about 9 bucks a pop though x_o;

Hope that helped! :]

Deviantart ~ Myspace

---

Convention/Gathering List:
NONE this year I don't think... Because my job sucks. :C

---

In progress:
Alita: Battle Angel
Secret Pokemon~

Last edited by Breeface : 12-31-2006 at 03:51 AM.
Breeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2006, 08:53 PM   #334
spheris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Link_Harkanian View Post
Easy. Photoshop. ^^ It';s how I do all my Master sword glows. If you mean as an on-site practical effect...LEDs, EL, or something similar, it's how the ForceFX sabers have their glow.
actually I was talking about making it glow while I'm holding it,I was thinking maybe fiber optics,or making a mold of the sword and casting it in one of the clear casting materials,then hook it up to some kind of minerature high power light source.

which idae sounds better?
spheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2006, 01:22 AM   #335
Enchurito
Pantaloner

Quote:
Originally Posted by spheris View Post
actually I was talking about making it glow while I'm holding it,I was thinking maybe fiber optics,or making a mold of the sword and casting it in one of the clear casting materials,then hook it up to some kind of minerature high power light source.

which idae sounds better?
Maybe frosted clear plastic with leds or fiberoptic at the base to shine up it.
Unread 12-31-2006, 02:12 AM   #336
PikminLink
The Hero of Time

well my costume progress is going very slow, the last few days of this year have been busy for me. so sorry if i havent been around as much as i would have liked to =\

But other than that, Im trying out some new things, dont know if they all work, but we will see. So far everything i had planned to finish will be finished. some of the props are going very slowly tho, and Ill just get back to those when i finish the things im working on now.

Anyway, after my long absence, and i looked through this thread i just wanna mention lets PLEASE keep this thread on topic. this thread does not need to be bumped just to keep it on the top of the list, it will always be here and wont disappear.
and
do not double post, not only is it against forum rules, but it also makes this thread longer when it doesnt have to be(which is one of the biggest problems from the last thread). there is an edit button on your post, you can add as many replies to your posts with that.

and lets keep chit chat to a minimum too. i just dont want to see this thread end up like the last with thousands of pages and making searching for info very difficult. =\

but anyway. i hope you all have a great holiday! ^^

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" - Shigeru Miyamoto

~Pikminlink.com my website.
~Facebook my facebook

Last edited by PikminLink : 12-31-2006 at 02:16 AM.
PikminLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2006, 11:08 AM   #337
NiGHTmaren
...into Dreams
Modoka Magica

I love this thread! I have been a Zelda fan since I was little, and have just started on my Link costume that I've had on my to-do list for 2 years. I'm making his outfit from the Link to the Past game for the SNES based on the official artwork. Before I ask about the props though, I'll browse through this thread and see what I can find. I've been doing some research to see what materials and methods work the best, particulary for the shield.

Right now I'm working on the boots and wig and will have it done for MegaCon in February. I hope everyone is having fun with their projects and best of luck!

2014 - Upcoming Conventions :
Holiday Matsuri (FL)

Upcoming costumes : Suzie Q from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Edea Lee (various versions) from Bravely Default, Robotnik (genderbend) from Sonic, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/NiGHTmarenCosplay
NiGHTmaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2006, 04:07 PM   #338
Link_Harkanian
Hero of the Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchurito View Post
Maybe frosted clear plastic with leds or fiberoptic at the base to shine up it.
Now, I'm liking that idea. Perhaps a combination of LED with the frosted clear to really make it look nice.
Mystery Cosplay - ???
Things to do - Armor...lots of armor and makeup.

Upcoming Events

"Look to the Skies...and the Hero will come..."
Link_Harkanian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2006, 06:08 PM   #339
CosplayerJJ
Gamer and cosplayer

No updates from me, except I will have new pictures of myself in my link cosplay. Yes more pictures.
Link in Zora Armor from Twilight Princess- 0%
Ganondorf Twilight Princess-1%
Secret Cosplay- 0%
Cons I will be at: Fanime, Stockton Con, SacAnime, and maybe Yaoi Con.
http://www.ghostbustergame.com
CosplayerJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2007, 09:05 PM   #340
Princess_Zelda
Made in the 80's

Well, I'm ACTUALLY going to get started on my 28 cosplays tomorrow. I am thrilled...

"The SoCal Cosplay Gathering is one of the greatest gatherings EVER!!!!11" -Snapple Fact #81
Wait! Don't drink the black stuff!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Princess_Zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2007, 12:04 AM   #341
Gowa-chan
. . . is bored now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Zelda View Post
Well, I'm ACTUALLY going to get started on my 28 cosplays tomorrow. I am thrilled...
@.@
Good luck on that....

I'm a bit annoyed at myself right now.
I managed to break my right ear mold while filing down imperfections. I'm glad I have another big project that I need to be working on for the next week, so the plaster can dry in the mold again. ~bashes head against counter for a bit~
Unread 01-03-2007, 10:51 PM   #342
InkyLink
The Ultimate Dark Link

I finally beat Twilight Princess on New Years morning yay!

Looking back I want to cosplay a Twilight Princess Zora also. Not for ACEN probably but maybe Wizard World or such. Problem is I really have no idea how to even start it at all. I'm thinking I'm going to have to make a full body mold (I don't have a sculpted body, lol) and put a cotton/lycra suit over all of it. I'll look through the first pages for help but anyone have any other suggestions? -InkyLink
InkyLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2007, 02:46 PM   #343
Breeface
No wai.

Does anyone ever get that " waiting for something to arrive " anxiety?
I got it baaaaaaad. xD;
I've been waiting for my wig to come in so I can style it and my new body suit to come in so I can start working on that too.
I got alllllllllllot of work to do x_x;

Deviantart ~ Myspace

---

Convention/Gathering List:
NONE this year I don't think... Because my job sucks. :C

---

In progress:
Alita: Battle Angel
Secret Pokemon~
Breeface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2007, 08:07 PM   #344
MasterSwordette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowa-chan View Post
@.@
Good luck on that....

I'm a bit annoyed at myself right now.
I managed to break my right ear mold while filing down imperfections. I'm glad I have another big project that I need to be working on for the next week, so the plaster can dry in the mold again. ~bashes head against counter for a bit~
aw nuts. Hope you get that fixed soon Gowa-Chan. Are you using laytex for the mould itsself? Princess_Zelda...28 costumes? wow! I only have one costume in mind for TwilightPrincess Ordon Villager Link I really can't wait to see everyone's new costumes from TwilightPrincess! I bet they will be awesome. Anybody going to do the kids from the village? <_<
MasterSwordette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2007, 08:14 PM   #345
SheikahPrincess
shanks people with knives

wow...another Zelda thread? This is new...*laughs nervously* Sorry for just butting in. I'm Kaytea....^_^ Hope I can talk to ya'll in the future...Once again, sorry for butting in. ^_^