Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Unread 01-18-2007, 10:23 PM   #481
Rinku
Square

I am almost finished with the shirt for Ordon Link. The material was a little thin, so I am going to have to find a way to make the fabric thicker. I will post a picture of my progress thus far.

Edit:
Uploaded!
Progress thus far
Light Yagami

リンク コスプレイ!!フォザウィン
This is xpXDeathXqx

Last edited by Rinku : 01-18-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Rinku is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-18-2007, 11:21 PM   #482
Forcebewitya
Fashion Assassin

AgentAda-I used spirit gum the first time I wore them and after that I've worn them two other times and the remaining glue remnants were enough to hold them to my ear without leaving too much residue left on my ear. btw your RE costumes rock too ^_^ yay for RE and Zelda.

Sheikah_Princess-thats gotta be the coolest thing ever. I wish I got a random sword sent to me. It's almost like you're the hero of time or something. It's a sign! lol

Rinku- Your costume looks awesome so far. I'd say double layer the fabric for your shirt to make it thicker but since you already have sewn it it might be a little difficult.

Tsuyosa-Your sword is looking awesome, you make great props dude!

Till next time bye everyone!

Forcebewitya.

Prince of Persia-75%
Nikolai Orelov-10%
Vash The Stampede-Planned
Ezio Auditore Brotherhood-15%

One Tailed Wonders leather work Commissions look for us on Facebook
Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed items available contact either of us for details

Forcebewitya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2007, 01:20 AM   #483
InkyLink
The Ultimate Dark Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyosa View Post

The master sword is making very good progress... i've finally found a good chunk of time to start wittling/ sanding/ and dremelling it down.
http://www.images.cosplay.com/showph...p?photo=962598
I'm stoked about this sword!! >
I also Updated my chest harness... It's got a buckle on the side strap, and a more accurate, non-movable main strap. I'll have pics of that at a later date ~_~
Your sword looks awesome. I want to try my hand at fiberglass but I miss working with wood too. Great job though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheikahPrincess View Post
Ok...Something weird just happened. My mom just got home from work about 15 minutes ago. She walked up to me and handed me this wooden sword. She said, "This came to the bank today. I can only assume it's yours..." And I'm like, "What?" She then shrugged, "It said it was a legend of zelda sword on the reciept. Go look in my purse to find the reciept." I looked and it wasn't there. In the end, no one in my family ordered the sword. And we're still trying to figure it out. It looks really cool though, I think I'm gonna keep it...^_^6 The End (story time is over) LOL XD
You're kidding! I wish that would happen to me! -InkyLink
InkyLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2007, 02:46 AM   #484
PikminLink
The Hero of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinku View Post
I am almost finished with the shirt for Ordon Link. The material was a little thin, so I am going to have to find a way to make the fabric thicker. I will post a picture of my progress thus far.

Edit:
Uploaded!
Progress thus far

the ordon outfit is turning out nicely.^^

Quote:
Ok...Something weird just happened. My mom just got home from work about 15 minutes ago. She walked up to me and handed me this wooden sword. She said, "This came to the bank today. I can only assume it's yours..." And I'm like, "What?" She then shrugged, "It said it was a legend of zelda sword on the reciept. Go look in my purse to find the reciept." I looked and it wasn't there. In the end, no one in my family ordered the sword. And we're still trying to figure it out. It looks really cool though, I think I'm gonna keep it...^_^6 The End (story time is over) LOL XD
o_O;; whoa. thats cool lol

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" - Shigeru Miyamoto

~Pikminlink.com my website.
~Facebook my facebook
PikminLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2007, 03:24 AM   #485
Winry
Hello, starshines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchurito View Post
Well when I met michael of Aradani, he painted the ear in front of me in some spots to match my skin color. I'm not sure if it was make up or paint but you could always just send an e-mail to them and ask, I know that Paul seems to be pretty active with getting back to people.
Hrmm, I might do that. It never hurts to ask. X3
Winry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2007, 06:56 AM   #486
SheikahPrincess
shanks people with knives

@Tsuyosa: you want pics of the sword I got? cuase there are a couple people posting up comment about swords, so I'm kind of confused...and it's early in the morning. About the sword. It's kinda light. But it looks stained, but I'm not a person who uses wood a lot. ^_^ So I have no idea
@Forcebewitya: I was a little scared...cause I needed a sword for my TP costume, but I haven't told my family about what I'm doing yet, so it couldn't have been them. Yeah, and I was joking around with my friend last night about it...We had a good laugh. Now she's saying I need to make another Link outfit, just for the sword...LOL XD
@InkyLink: I'm shocked it even happened to me...XD It was kinda scary though...
@PikminLink: It's cool but weird. When I get the chance, I'll throw some pics up or something...See if you guys have seen a similar sword floating around the internet...

(PS, I just added photos of the sword if anyone wants to see. They're kinda bad pics, but i tried my best. It's under my props and wigs section in my photo gallery.)

Last edited by SheikahPrincess : 01-19-2007 at 07:20 AM.
SheikahPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #487
Forcebewitya
Fashion Assassin

We should send each other random zelda props and try to guess who made them it could be a game! lol...except that would be a tad expensive...

Forcebewitya.

Prince of Persia-75%
Nikolai Orelov-10%
Vash The Stampede-Planned
Ezio Auditore Brotherhood-15%

One Tailed Wonders leather work Commissions look for us on Facebook
Legend of Zelda and Assassin's Creed items available contact either of us for details

Forcebewitya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2007, 02:31 PM   #488
SheikahPrincess
shanks people with knives

@Forcebewitya: That would be an interesting game, but it would probably be costy like you said. XD
Unread 01-19-2007, 07:05 PM   #489
OrdonLink

Hello everyone

I just finished my first draft of my Wind Waker Link tunic. It's not the final tunic; i made this one first so i can get it right, then buy more expensive fabric and trace this tunic onto that fabric. This tunic is only pinned together.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=963166
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=963167
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=963168

I like it, but there's some things that i need to change. First, i need more seam allowance; once i sew the tunic, it will become too small for me to wear. Also, I cut the v-neck too low and the tunic is not long enough for my liking.

This is my first cosplay, and I am very open to constructive criticism and comments. Please let me know what you think of my progress!

Thanks! from ordonlink

EDIT: I took 2 more pictures of my tunic wearing a belt this time.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=963202
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=963203

Last edited by OrdonLink : 01-19-2007 at 08:23 PM.
OrdonLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2007, 07:49 PM   #490
PikminLink
The Hero of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdonLink View Post
Hello everyone

I just finished my first draft of my Wind Waker Link tunic. It's not the final tunic; i made this one first so i can get it right, then buy more expensive fabric and trace this tunic onto that fabric. This tunic is only pinned together.

http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=963166
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=963167
http://images.cosplay.com/showphoto.php?photo=963168

I like it, but there's some things that i need to change. First, i need more seam allowance; once i sew the tunic, it will become too small for me to wear. Also, I cut the v-neck too low and the tunic is not long enough for my liking.

This is my first cosplay, and I am very open to constructive criticism and comments. Please let me know what you think of my progress!

Thanks! from ordonlink

actually i think it looks pretty good. the vneck isnt really too low, so it still works^^
i only suggest maybe, the sides are really wide? or it could be just the angle of the pic, but try it with a belt and see how everything fits^^

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" - Shigeru Miyamoto

~Pikminlink.com my website.
~Facebook my facebook
PikminLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2007, 08:17 PM   #491
MasterSwordette

You make a good WindWakerLink OrdonLink. ^_^ @ P.L Still can't wait to see what costume you are making for us to see later on and the thought of it is driving me crazy because there's so many options one can do! I want to do the circus guy myself, where you have to collect all the orbs, eventually. Anybody here doing some unfamiliar yet unique characters for their cosplay that isn't really well known yet?

Last edited by MasterSwordette : 01-19-2007 at 08:26 PM.
MasterSwordette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2007, 10:10 PM   #492
Princess_Zelda
Made in the 80's

Quote:
@Tsuyosa: you want pics of the sword I got? cuase there are a couple people posting up comment about swords, so I'm kind of confused...and it's early in the morning. About the sword. It's kinda light. But it looks stained, but I'm not a person who uses wood a lot. ^_^ So I have no idea
@Forcebewitya: I was a little scared...cause I needed a sword for my TP costume, but I haven't told my family about what I'm doing yet, so it couldn't have been them. Yeah, and I was joking around with my friend last night about it...We had a good laugh. Now she's saying I need to make another Link outfit, just for the sword...LOL XD
@InkyLink: I'm shocked it even happened to me...XD It was kinda scary though...
@PikminLink: It's cool but weird. When I get the chance, I'll throw some pics up or something...See if you guys have seen a similar sword floating around the internet...

(PS, I just added photos of the sword if anyone wants to see. They're kinda bad pics, but i tried my best. It's under my props and wigs section in my photo gallery.)
Somebody's got a secret fan! XD I wanna see pics too!

"The SoCal Cosplay Gathering is one of the greatest gatherings EVER!!!!11" -Snapple Fact #81
Wait! Don't drink the black stuff!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Princess_Zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2007, 11:34 PM   #493
Tsuyosa
Tsuyosa

Sheikah Princess: Hmm... very interesting... It's actually a Roman Centurion/Gladiator style sword. There's a number of places that make them as either display swords, or as "functional" practice swords (Like what a stage production would use during their practices... before going to metal).

Its a cool sword, looks well made to me Just be careful if it's mass, produced....a lot of times they like to glue them together... closer inspection might reveal if that's the case ^_^

OrdonLink: Congrats on finishing a rough for your tunic. Looks like you did good putting it together, and I agree, V neck looks fine and I don't really think you particularly have to extend it further. You do what you're comfortable with of course though
Tsuyosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2007, 12:02 AM   #494
Rinku
Square

Quote:
The sword in your gallery is a Roman gladiator sword. It is used in Wind Waker.
Here is an image of a replica:
http://www.darksword-armory.com/images/1303full.jpg
Light Yagami

リンク コスプレイ!!フォザウィン
This is xpXDeathXqx
Rinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2007, 03:10 AM   #495
InkyLink
The Ultimate Dark Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinku View Post
The sword in your gallery is a Roman gladiator sword. It is used in Wind Waker.
Here is an image of a replica:
http://www.darksword-armory.com/images/1303full.jpg
You just took the words out of my mouth. Lol acutally you and Tsuyosa. ^_^'
I hadn't seen that you both responded already lol.

By the way Rinku, is that a Final Fantasy XII POTION drink in your avatar? Just curious. -InkyLink
InkyLink is offline   Reply With Quote