Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Unread 07-13-2018, 01:56 PM   #1
chitaru01

AX Thoughts

So I just wanted to bring this up because Iíve seen this a lot happen lately at cons, and it just happened to me at AX: Random con goers taking over a gathering someone has put together! This year at AX the shuttle for my hotel was running late and I had to run to my Marvel meet up in a freaking black bodysuit in 100 degrees, and I posted in my gatherings Facebook I was late, expecting someone from there that I have spoke to to run the gathering for a short five minutes while I was on my way. Some random woman I did not know of or spoke to ran the entire gathering and cut it short by 30 minutes. Iíve seen this happen to other people at con to Gathering Iíve attended and everytime I see it I wanna punch the person. I never expected it to happen to me, so I went up to her and told her I was the host but I was so upset and just done I walked away and just let it happen because I gave up.

Has this happened to any of you guys? What have you done to make sure it doesnít happen?

Last edited by chitaru01 : 07-13-2018 at 07:36 PM.
chitaru01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2018, 08:05 PM   #2
JoeyWheeler
Custom Fandom Duelist

i missed the marvel meet up too... and i was in all black as well. really pissed me off
Unread 07-18-2018, 09:49 AM   #3
Alyssa3467
Holographic Kitty

I've only had two gatherings, so I can't really say that's ever happened to me. It's possible that nobody knew what was going on with you since cellular data can be quite terrible around the Los Angeles Convention Center.

I'm hoping that AX returns to Anaheim in 2020 so they won't need hotel shuttles (and cellular data is possibly better). The Anaheim Resort District is better suited for large numbers of people.
Alyssa3467 is offline   Reply With Quote