Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Unread 06-08-2016, 09:09 AM   #7501
Freight
Rolling 20's Podcast Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by monodistortion View Post
I'm sure they'll have signs showing where Kentia Hall is. It looks like it's the basement of South Hall, and can be also used as a parking garage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9WYTl82r10
It's also the area some people go down to to sit when they have nowhere else to be. I think people are moderately aware of it's existence, but not that other items can take place there than parking.
Freight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2016, 08:01 PM   #7502
shellysunfish

The cosplay dog is back!
http://www.anime-expo.org/guests/kiba-corgi/
shellysunfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2016, 02:16 AM   #7503
fulgum

Hey, everyone. Just wanted to get the word out FOR THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED. The Anime Expo Grub Lot is returning for AX 2016. We'll have favorites like Jogasaki and Kogi but we'll also have some new additions as well. The lot will be open all four days this year. Check out the Facebook page for more information:

https://www.facebook.com/AXFoodtrucks/

Last edited by fulgum : 06-09-2016 at 02:18 AM.
fulgum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2016, 04:29 PM   #7504
NeoStrayCat
Cat Person! :3

Hello again fulgum, yeah, I was checking around before you posted about the food trucks again, can't be AX without them, lol.

And it seems there will be daily posts there on what's returning and what's new on the trucks.
NeoStrayCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2016, 07:42 PM   #7505
El_Duque
miyoshi82

I'm really peeved that the Love Live Aquors event is a Talk Show/Concert. Disappointed that it's not a full concert. Also there is a new event on Sunday called Cowboy Bebop Jazz Cat Experience.

http://www.anime-expo.org/introducing-cowboy-bebop-jazz-cat-experience/

Me thinks this is something similar to the Evangelion event from last year...ugh...
Interested in joining our ranks? Click on the links above.

Youtube
Twitter
Con History
Anime Los Angeles 2011-2013, 2015, 2016
Anime Expo 2006-2011, 2015-present
Wondercon - 2013, 2015-present
San Diego Comic Con 1994-present
Comikaze Expo 2011, 2013-2016
Long Beach Comic Con 2009-2012
Anime Conji 2010-2015
Hanadoki Con 2015-2016
El_Duque is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2016, 01:18 AM   #7506
Freight

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Duque View Post
I'm really peeved that the Love Live Aquors event is a Talk Show/Concert. Disappointed that it's not a full concert. Also there is a new event on Sunday called Cowboy Bebop Jazz Cat Experience.

Me thinks this is something similar to the Evangelion event from last year...ugh...
What makes that bad? I mean, I don't see any industry visits...

Is this just a band with a light show?
Unread 06-11-2016, 03:10 AM   #7507
monodistortion

Quote:

Doesn't it say Monday at 11:30am?

I guess the burlesque/magic show is on Sunday night though. Um, burlesque and magic? This is an anime convention?

Last edited by monodistortion : 06-11-2016 at 03:17 AM.
monodistortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2016, 10:54 AM   #7508
Freight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monodistortion View Post
I guess the burlesque/magic show is on Sunday night though. Um, burlesque and magic? This is an anime convention?
The show makes the rounds at the mid-to-large size conventions in Southern California. I think they were at Comikaze recently, but not WonderCon.
Unread 06-12-2016, 05:50 PM   #7509
Yuuta

Hey guys, so this is my first time booking a hotel room from the anime expo official hotel block and was wondering how does the process work? Do I go to the hotel that I picked and check in or is there some kind of booth when after you pick up your badges that will guide you to your room you booked? Because I called the hotel I'm staying at to get information but they seem to not have any information on my reservation. Maybe because I booked the hotel from a 3rd party website? I don't know I'm really loss right now and would appreciate some help. Thank you
Yuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2016, 05:55 PM   #7510
Alyssa3467
Holographic Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuta View Post
Hey guys, so this is my first time booking a hotel room from the anime expo official hotel block and was wondering how does the process work? Do I go to the hotel that I picked and check in or is there some kind of booth when after you pick up your badges that will guide you to your room you booked? Because I called the hotel I'm staying at to get information but they seem to not have any information on my reservation. Maybe because I booked the hotel from a 3rd party website? I don't know I'm really loss right now and would appreciate some help. Thank you
Closer to the con, Passkey (or whatever vendor AX is using now) should transfer the booking information to the hotel. After that, it's like a standard hotel booking.
Alyssa3467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2016, 05:56 PM   #7511
shellysunfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuta View Post
Did you make the reservation through AX itself?
Did you get a conformation number?

How it usually works AX (as it gets close) gives the hotels all the information
for the all people that went through AX. You have until the 18th to make any
changes through the AX hotel system. After that you'll have to talk to the
hotel themselves. The own of the credit card which the reservation was made, checks into the hotel in person on the day of check in. I hope this made sense and helped in some way.

Last edited by shellysunfish : 06-12-2016 at 05:58 PM.
shellysunfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2016, 06:21 PM   #7512
Yuuta

Ah nvm I'm a dummy didn't read the bottom of the email. Didn't know they aren't confirming the reservations at the hotel till June 18 my bad.
Yuuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2016, 08:23 PM   #7513
ageha09
Ageha09

does anyone know the deets about the Anime Expo Masquerade? i haven't been before but it says its a ticketed event. There hasn't been any announcement about tickets going on sale or anything on their official page about how it works. Do we have to get them at con or should i be more patient for more info?
ageha09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2016, 08:48 PM   #7514
animejunkie
Crossplay is awesome

Quote:

Same, but Aqours doesn't have a huge song catalog just yet so it would be a short concert. Also, AX isn't getting all 9 members (unless the 3 that aren't coming are actually going to be a surprise at the event), so a concert wouldn't feel right without all 9. Still wouldn't mind a brief concert anyway since we never got u's.

Also, I find interesting that a few people over at the ANN Forums are saying AX is just going too big on the guests now. I'm sort of inclined to agree, they have so many good guests as it is right now and it could be a point where too much can be a bad thing...after all, there is no way for anyone to see all of them during con short of cloning. Kind of the same with every AX, but it does seem like we're suddenly getting a boatload of guests (and AX says they still have more to announce on Twitter).

FB: The Casual Otaku

Upcoming Cons/Events

Ronin Expo
Anime Expo
PMX
animejunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2016, 10:45 PM   #7515
Kamilo-kum
Kamilo-kun

Hi guys this is my 1st AX and my first con in US and i want know really can i pick up my badge until 11:59pm at day 0? I arrive to LAX at 10:00pm and want avoid the line of day 1
Kamilo-kum is offline   Reply With Quote