Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Fan Expo

Unread 06-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #31
SaikyouKira
タケル

@ Palpable and Brita: I love you both too!! For the glasses, it'd be really difficult to find ones to your specs, especially for a good price. I don't think you and I are willing to spend $200+ on a pair of glasses, especially if you're like me and don't actually need glasses...

@ Rinda-rinda: Hahaha, I've actually done that too! I have a TV in my room, and when I go to bed and before I fall asleep, sometimes I just stare into my TV screen, rain or shine.

I'd love to do the Okonomi House thing, but it's REALLY far from the Fan Expo site, easily a one-hour or longer walk, and not much less time by bus/train. Maybe we can explore a closer location or something?
SaikyouKira is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #32
palpable
emmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinda-Rinda View Post
The price of the game is definitely worth it when you take into consideration how much there is to do in it. I've done 3 playthroughs and and have between 150-200 hours clocked into my saves. I mean, seriously - most games these days can be done in 5 hours for the same or higher price. It's pretty pathetic, really.

Yeah, I must say this was a pretty fun AN lol. The Persona shoot was by far one fo the most (if not THE) livliest meetings I've been to. Definitely worth the trip And hopefully we can bring in the same vibe we had to Fan X.

And as for the glasses...I have no idea D: You MIGHT have to look around on Ebay.
i agree, at first i was like "why am i buying this.......JKSDKSDH" but then the guy at eb games told me it was pretty popular and that it was the last one in the area. so i was like "GIMME". at first i was hesitant since i don't play games and lots of hours go into them, but i think i'm moving at a pretty steady pace. i can only play for a maximum of 4 hours a day, which sucks.

the glasses... i will keep hunting for. i vow to find the perfect glasses for FX! and fix everything i didn't like about my cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaikyouKira View Post
@ Palpable and Brita: I love you both too!! For the glasses, it'd be really difficult to find ones to your specs, especially for a good price. I don't think you and I are willing to spend $200+ on a pair of glasses, especially if you're like me and don't actually need glasses...
<3<3<3 yeah, i have really... really absolutely horrible eyesight -- -8.50 in both eyes. /screams AHAHA so i was thikning of just getting ones with no prescription and wearing my contacts with them THE HUNT IS ON NOW. baww...
black bat dc comics
pinkie pie (humanized version) my little pony: friendship is magic

Last edited by palpable : 06-07-2009 at 05:25 PM.
palpable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2009, 08:32 PM   #33
SaikyouKira
タケル

You've got good control to be able to play for 4 hours. I sat there for up to 10 hours a day playing P4 and the same thing with P3. Coincidentally, I happened to be playing both religiously during two different exam times, lol! And –8.50?! I didn't know you could go that high...

If we're on the topic of glasses, I guess I'll follow Emmy's suit and ask if anyone knows where I can get glasses or at least frames that match those of Yosuke? Again, they might be rather difficult to find, but they should be somewhat easier to find than Rise's... I don't really wanna use the ones I had at AN... They were totally inaccurate.
Unread 06-07-2009, 09:21 PM   #34
Rinda-Rinda
Rinda Rinda Rindaaa

GLASSES!

I already sent these to palpable, but I guess I'll post them here in case other Rises who stumble across this thread would want these.

I stumbled across these glasses while looking for Naoto glasses. I saw them, help up my P4 art book and...well...I guess there are the closest I've seen so far. Pretty damn accurate. Missing the while bottom half on the frames, but that can be easily painted in. They're reading glasses though, so they're 2.50...strength? Which shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't wear them all the time, heh.

Yosuke's glasses, however, are kinda weird. So perhaps something like this? Maybe even these? The style of his glasses is fairly simple except for being too square/edgy instead of smooth and finding them in that damn orange colour which is a pain in the ass. And again, these are reading glasses, so as long as you don't mind having a slight strength to them (again, as long as you don't wear them ALL DAY) they seem pretty good to me D:

Now for me to find Naoto glasses ;A;
Unread 06-08-2009, 01:17 AM   #35
palpable
emmy

@SaikyouKira; i'm slowly but surely getting through this game! i work a lot of hours and i can't play much in the evening, as i have to go out and usually have plans, but on my days off i like to bum around and play it i'll definitely be done by FX, so i'll know what's going on, hahaha. and yes, -10 means you're clinically blind, so hopefully i'll never have to get to that level. good luck with juggling both those games, by the way!!

@Rinda-Rinda; WOW, those are amazing!!! beautiful.. wow they're actually perfect. thank you so much for finding these, theyre... just. so accurate LMAO <3 i think i'll order some as for naoto's glasses... sjakhdks wow. surprisingly even more hard to find, the only ones i can find are in the right shape but different colours, or a great colour but crap frames D: i'll keep looking?

fun fact about yosuke's glasses - found the perfect ones in korea when i went two summers ago, but now my sister uses them. baww, they were so good.
black bat dc comics
pinkie pie (humanized version) my little pony: friendship is magic
palpable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #36
Merino
Magical Girl

I was going to be Himiko, but due to funds I doubt I'll be able to make her (this year) SO I'll be doing a different character ^__^
Unread 06-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #37
SaikyouKira
タケル

Quote:
Originally Posted by palpable View Post
@SaikyouKira; i'm slowly but surely getting through this game! i work a lot of hours and i can't play much in the evening, as i have to go out and usually have plans, but on my days off i like to bum around and play it i'll definitely be done by FX, so i'll know what's going on, hahaha. and yes, -10 means you're clinically blind, so hopefully i'll never have to get to that level. good luck with juggling both those games, by the way!!

@Rinda-Rinda; WOW, those are amazing!!! beautiful.. wow they're actually perfect. thank you so much for finding these, theyre... just. so accurate LMAO <3 i think i'll order some as for naoto's glasses... sjakhdks wow. surprisingly even more hard to find, the only ones i can find are in the right shape but different colours, or a great colour but crap frames D: i'll keep looking?

fun fact about yosuke's glasses - found the perfect ones in korea when i went two summers ago, but now my sister uses them. baww, they were so good.
Oh, I'm already done P3 and P4. I played P3 during winter midterms last year (mid-February 2008) and I clocked 123 hours over one month. When P4 came out, which was during my fall term final exams in December, I played it for the entire exam period which was about one month, and I clocked over 100 hours. Not even "time well wasted," it was time well spent. =) And don't worry, I still studied, did well on the exams, worked 20-30 hours a week, went out, etc., etc., so I wasn't a total house hermit!

Rinda-rinda has Naoto-level detective skills! How did you manage to find these glasses?? I ordered the second pair; I love the shape and the colour, and I probably don't have to punch out the lenses! If it all somehow fails, and I sincerely hope it doesn't, Emmy, I'm coming for your sister's glasses! >=D
Unread 06-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #38
**Scion**
Has the Con-withdrawal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_ofthe_Dawn View Post
I was going to be Himiko, but due to funds I doubt I'll be able to make her (this year) SO I'll be doing a different character ^__^
Hmmmm at least this means I no longer have to rush my Konohana Sakuya now?
Unread 06-08-2009, 06:21 PM   #39
Rock-e

Unlike SaikyouKira, I actually study during exams. Unfortunately, I'm at the very end of P4 and I want to beat it so bad ;_;

My shirt got ruined for my P3 MC cosplay. The sharpie ink totally did not stick to the wig and made it blue. I'll probably have to find another...

Last edited by Rock-e : 06-08-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Rock-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2009, 09:02 PM   #40
SaikyouKira
タケル

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-e View Post
Unlike SaikyouKira, I actually study during exams. Unfortunately, I'm at the very end of P4 and I want to beat it so bad ;_;

My shirt got ruined for my P3 MC cosplay. The sharpie ink totally did not stick to the wig and made it blue. I'll probably have to find another...
@ Rock-e: I DO study during exams, just..not as much. I'm not taking ridiculously hard subjects like you anyway. Not even dry cleaning the shirt would get it out? Damn.

@ Scion: I don't think you had to rush it in the first place. The con is still two and a half months away anyway...but that means you can do an even better job!

@ Fire of the Dawn: What character are you going to do instead?

And OMG someone needs to do NANAKO!! <3 Nanako, she's so adorable. Things got a bit personal when...*stops himself from spoiling part of the story as some of us have not beaten the game yet*
Unread 06-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #41
Rinda-Rinda
Rinda Rinda Rindaaa

@ SaikyouKira: Ha ha, I'm just that AWESOME! Besides, it's Ebay, dude. You can find just about anything as long as you know how to look for it They're not the EXACT shape, but it's the closest thing I could see that was similar in shape and orange, lol.

Still no luck with my Naoto glasses ;A; I'm gonna check out a few dollar stores around my place this Thursday and see if they have at least similar frames. They're simple oval frames, just finding them in that blue is a pain. All else fails, I'll just get a pair, pop out the lenses and paint them. I still have spray paint left over from my Rickenbacker (FLCL cosplay for the WIN) which is the perfect colour. While I'm out I'll even take a look for Naoto's hat. Which is also suprisingly difficult to find. Bawww.

Man, I would love to do Naoto's shadow for Fan X. But I don't think I have the time for it. And, I mean, the actual shadow boss. I want to do it for Anime North next year, but I'll see if I have the time to do it for Fan Expo. Regardless, I'll probably just get lazy and do Naoto in the winter uniform after all ;3;

On another note, anyone know where we can get a bulk supply of these or similar? My friend and I will be looking for some for Otakuthon. But any help to get more, especially for Fan X, will be greatly appreciated <3

Last edited by Rinda-Rinda : 06-08-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Rinda-Rinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #42
dooley

I want to do persona 4... any ideas on where I can buy one of the school outfits? I do not feel like making one
Unread 06-09-2009, 02:51 PM   #43
Harry_Ord

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooley View Post
I want to do persona 4... any ideas on where I can buy one of the school outfits? I do not feel like making one
http://www.hellocosplay.com/shin-meg...ume-p-327.html

I'm gonna try to make the jacket myself, though if I fail this will probably be my backup solution~
they seem like really good quality, though unfortunately you never really know when ordering online

Banagher Links- Gundam Unicorn
Harry Ord- Turn A Gundam
Harry_Ord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #44
Merino
Magical Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Scion** View Post
Hmmmm at least this means I no longer have to rush my Konohana Sakuya now?
Exactly. I looked at my funds, looked at a calendar, and said "yeah right" :XD maybe next year, I'll have more money (hopefully) and a year more time to create it. Pressure is off
Unread 06-09-2009, 04:12 PM   #45
Merino
Magical Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaikyouKira View Post

@ Fire of the Dawn: What character are you going to do instead?

Nanako