Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Fan Expo

Unread 06-09-2009, 07:58 PM   #46
Rock-e

^She knows how to make fanboys squeeee.

Because, yes, fanboys can squeee too!

I looked at my Evoker today (I kept it in my trunk...forgot to take it out after AN so now it just sits in there). Needs some repairs!
Rock-e is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #47
Rinda-Rinda
Rinda Rinda Rindaaa

NANAKO!? YES!!

Hmmm.

Well, Fan X is still a couple of months away, but I guess I could turn my first post into a list of cosplays for Fan X? Well, at least for those of us that have confirmed our costumes/characters so far. I'll just add to the list the more people post. I'm bored now, anyways. I'll also include a photoshoot date/time once that's decided later on.
Unread 06-10-2009, 12:29 AM   #48
**Scion**
Has the Con-withdrawal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaikyouKira View Post

@ Scion: I don't think you had to rush it in the first place. The con is still two and a half months away anyway...but that means you can do an even better job!
It is a rush for a costume like that. There's just so much work involved with getting it done right. I still don't like the material I'm using for the wings **wants to try fibreglass again** And airbrushing seems to take quite a while when you're doing those blades on the wings one blade at a time.

If I'm going to make it I want to make it right, and that'll likely take more than two months. -.-* Some days I wish I could stop time and get things done before it starts again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_ofthe_Dawn View Post
Exactly. I looked at my funds, looked at a calendar, and said "yeah right" :XD maybe next year, I'll have more money (hopefully) and a year more time to create it. Pressure is off
It's actually quite a relief. For the reasons above I was starting to freak out. Also I wasn't liking the pattern I drafted for the actual sewing aspects of it. However I still think this group should be done. And if you guys do plan on doing it for next year let me know! XD
Unread 06-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #49
palpable
emmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinda-Rinda View Post
NANAKO!? YES!!

Hmmm.

Well, Fan X is still a couple of months away, but I guess I could turn my first post into a list of cosplays for Fan X? Well, at least for those of us that have confirmed our costumes/characters so far. I'll just add to the list the more people post. I'm bored now, anyways. I'll also include a photoshoot date/time once that's decided later on.
that sounds absolutely fab! keeping things organized is ace. thanks for doing that! <3<3<3
black bat dc comics
pinkie pie (humanized version) my little pony: friendship is magic
palpable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 07:07 PM   #50
SaikyouKira
タケル

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_ofthe_Dawn View Post
Nanako
As Rock-e suggested, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! NANAKO!! Dammit, why is she so adorable? T_T

@ Scion: Aww, I was totally looking forward to seeing it. Oh well, sometimes it can't be helped. Yeah, I totally wish we could stop time or go backwards and forwards in time, ignoring ramifications; I'd definitely love to re-live AN!!

@ Dooley + Harry: That site's costumes look really good, and it's not a bad price at all either. Just look into their credentials before buying anything.

@ Rinda-rinda: I'll be on the lookout for the blooper glasses. I can't think of any place that has them off the top of my head.

I think for a photoshoot date and time, I have a feeling that the time we used at AN (Saturday, 11:00) or a little bit after would work best.

Last edited by SaikyouKira : 06-10-2009 at 07:19 PM.
SaikyouKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #51
**Scion**
Has the Con-withdrawal

Quote:
@ Scion: Aww, I was totally looking forward to seeing it. Oh well, sometimes it can't be helped. Yeah, I totally wish we could stop time or go backwards and forwards in time, ignoring ramifications; I'd definitely love to re-live AN!!
I will make the costume for sure, I just need a little more time =^o^=
Now I need to figure our what to make instead of that for Fan Expo! **ponders** It's starting to look like I may be making a Rise costume ^^

Last edited by **Scion** : 06-11-2009 at 12:20 AM.
**Scion** is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2009, 11:44 AM   #52
Merino
Magical Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by **Scion** View Post
It's actually quite a relief. For the reasons above I was starting to freak out. Also I wasn't liking the pattern I drafted for the actual sewing aspects of it. However I still think this group should be done. And if you guys do plan on doing it for next year let me know! XD
I think the idea is still up for doing it, I know I would like to still do mine :3

And I didn't think Nanako would have been that exciting XD But that makes me even more excited now!
Unread 06-11-2009, 11:47 AM   #53
TLSHIN
Supreme Commander

I think I'm gonna have to pass on Yosuke, can only afford one new cosplay for Fan Expo..unless by chance I get more hours at work or find a new job in my town.

Anime North 2010 Cosplays:
Raven- Pandora Hearts
Servebot- Megaman Legends and Marvel vs Capcom 2

"Screw the Force, I have Spiral Energy!"
TLSHIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #54
SaikyouKira
タケル

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSHIN View Post
I think I'm gonna have to pass on Yosuke, can only afford one new cosplay for Fan Expo..unless by chance I get more hours at work or find a new job in my town.
Aww, your fellow Yosuke is saddened, but like with Scion, it can't be helped sometimes. I hope you'll still join us or at least join us at the photoshoot!!
Unread 06-17-2009, 11:10 AM   #55
palpable
emmy

i just wanted to let you fab people know that i got the rise glasses in the mail yesterday! <3 and they are. perfect. so i wanna thank rinda-rinda for saving me /CLINGS you're the best, thank you so much! i'll post a better picture but for now here's a gross one from youtube ajkhkwt

black bat dc comics
pinkie pie (humanized version) my little pony: friendship is magic

Last edited by palpable : 06-17-2009 at 04:33 PM.
palpable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2009, 10:37 PM   #56
SaikyouKira
タケル

Quote:
Originally Posted by palpable View Post
i just wanted to let you fab people know that i got the rise glasses in the mail yesterday! <3 and they are. perfect. so i wanna thank rinda-rinda for saving me /CLINGS you're the best, thank you so much! i'll post a better picture but for now here's a gross one from youtube ajkhkwt

Indeed I must thank Rinda-rinda as well, as mine just came in the mail today too!! Unfortunately, I must say that I am not completely satisfied with what I got: The lenses have a stamp on them that I cannot remove or at least I don't know how to remove. It turns out what I paid for was only the frames, and the lenses are just "demo lenses," so while the colour and shape of the frames are so good in my opinion, the stamped lenses ruined it all for me. orz Oh well, it was only $6 anyway... I just ordered another pair (the other recommendation Rinda-rinda made) that are actually reading glasses, which is another $10. Live and learn.
Unread 06-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #57
Alorelle
Natsu ★ Game

My little brother will be cosplaying the Main Character from Persona 3. C:
So if you guys are having a photoshoot fo sho and would like to have him around in a couple shots, just let me know ~ He's a bit shy, but he's into doing photoshoots as long as I'm within sight.

MTAC :: Ino :: ???
Alorelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2009, 06:52 PM   #58
Rock-e

Quote:
Indeed I must thank Rinda-rinda as well, as mine just came in the mail today too!! Unfortunately, I must say that I am not completely satisfied with what I got: The lenses have a stamp on them that I cannot remove or at least I don't know how to remove. It turns out what I paid for was only the frames, and the lenses are just "demo lenses," so while the colour and shape of the frames are so good in my opinion, the stamped lenses ruined it all for me. orz Oh well, it was only $6 anyway... I just ordered another pair (the other recommendation Rinda-rinda made) that are actually reading glasses, which is another $10. Live and learn.
Let me see it when I get back, maybe I can help you out
Unread 06-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #59
SaikyouKira
タケル

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-e View Post
Let me see it when I get back, maybe I can help you out
Rock-e, you are a GENIUS!! I didn't know a sugar rub would totally wipe the logo off clean. You are PRO! You can have my 2nd pair of glasses when it comes. =D
Unread 06-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #60
Rock-e

Sick, I can cosplay from Persona 3 and 4 now! If I make Philemon's mask I could even be the whole series! xD