Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Fan Expo

Unread 06-28-2009, 11:34 AM   #61
palpable
emmy

oh gosh this thread is so quiet now. HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE STARTED THEIR COSTUMES?

.....i haven't really aksjhdkajsd. gosh i have a lot left to do! time passes so quickly, doesn't it? i've been working every day and like, going out so i have no time to sew. it should get better once i'm in mid-july... sob /screams

this is just an excuse to see how you all are doinggggg <3
black bat dc comics
pinkie pie (humanized version) my little pony: friendship is magic
palpable is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-28-2009, 09:38 PM   #62
Rock-e

I am totally...reusing mine from AN. Rewearing FTW
Rock-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2009, 10:00 PM   #63
Rinda-Rinda
Rinda Rinda Rindaaa

SaikyouKira: Sorry about the first pair of glasses, dude. I didn't notice that they were a "demo pair", I just saw them and linked XD But at least Rock-e fixed 'em up! HOOHAH!

I'm still looking for a decent hat for Naoto. This online store that has perfect hats sold out, so I guess I'll just get something off Ebay if I can't find something else by this weekend. I'm doing Shadow!Naoto for Otakuthon here in Montreal at the end of July for 2 out of the 3 days (3rd day's gonna be Teddie lol), so I already have the wig done for. It's pretty much perfect, I don't have to style it or anything <3

So for the actual winter uniform, I'm waiting until after Otakuthon to get it done. The seamstress my friends are getting theirs done might be too busy sewing the other uniforms, so since I'm in no real hurry atm I'll give her a break and wait until after XD

I might bring Shadow!Naoto to Fan X, so that'll be done.

So...yeah. Not much happening with cosplay status here lol.

But yeah, thread's totally quiet now. Wow.
Unread 07-02-2009, 07:58 PM   #64
palpable
emmy

ooooh you're going to otakuthon?! you're so lucky!! shadow!naoto is the cutest (i just beat her dungeon GUYS I'M ON A ROLL LMAO skjdhaksd /is so lame) and you'll be amazing as for hats... gosh, isn't it frustrating how something that seems so easy to find and that is usually worn casually ends up being the hardest to locate? still, finding a cabby hat on eBay should be easier than going to a mall, in my opinion. unless you decide to try like, claire's or ardene's which are full of surprises when it comes to cosplay

/WAKES UP THE THREAD WITH YELLING

GUYYYYYYYS WAKE UP!!
black bat dc comics
Unread 07-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #65
Rock-e

AHH EARS HURT SO LOUD ;_;

I beat Persona 4 the other day with the True Ending. It was so moving at the end, I almost started to cry ;_;

I tried looking in the Anime North P3/4 thread for any Shadow Naoto hats cause I remember lawliet posted this one, which looks pretty good!

Last edited by Rock-e : 07-02-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Rock-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #66
Rinda-Rinda
Rinda Rinda Rindaaa

I'm busy with work and Otakuthon stuff, sorry ;A;

And yeah, I'm going to Otakuthon. Heck, I live in Montreal, dude lol. My friends and I got ourselves a table, we're selling pins and other random cute things that we can manage to vomit up that we think the general con population would want. Including PERSONA 4 pins. MWAHAHA.

I tried searching pretty much any place I could think of here downtown, but nothing. Lawliet linked me to the hat she was using, but pretty much all the hats I looked up at on that e4hats site (including the hat she got) were all completely sold out. I found a perfect hat on some other random hat site, but they ended up telling me AFTER I purchased two of them that they were sold out of only navy xD So eventually I just caved and bought the first decent navy newsboy cap I found on Ebay lol. So my hat's in the mail, I found my lab coat, I found mah pants and black shoes...now I just need a thin yellow tie and I'm all set

Also, I think someone mentioned a Friday photoshoot for Fan X...it looks like I'll be coming in on Friday after all, so I might just be able to make it if one's planned that day - even just a quick one in the evening, you know, in case some can't make it on Saturday? Then we can have, like, a bigger meetup on Saturday since most people'll be there that day anyways. Or maybe I'm just getting too in over my head with all this Persona stuff and we should just stick to one day lol.
Unread 07-03-2009, 01:47 AM   #67
Harry_Ord

Quote:
Originally Posted by palpable View Post
oh gosh this thread is so quiet now. HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE STARTED THEIR COSTUMES?

.....i haven't really aksjhdkajsd. gosh i have a lot left to do! time passes so quickly, doesn't it? i've been working every day and like, going out so i have no time to sew. it should get better once i'm in mid-july... sob /screams

this is just an excuse to see how you all are doinggggg <3

For the first time in forever I'm actually making somewhat decent progress

I've got the wig and a set of glasses that kind of work, and on the jacket I've finished the collar and the first little bit of stitching on the jacket

Of course I've still got 90% or so of thee stitchy stuff to do, which is ridiculously time-consuming considering I have to do it by hand so there's still plenty of room for failure...

In any case I wish you all luck

Banagher Links- Gundam Unicorn
Harry Ord- Turn A Gundam
Harry_Ord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #68
AerEuphieWalker

Harry_Ord: Your wig and glasses are awesome!

I sadly won't be Persona'ing it up for Fan Expo but me and my friends will be at D Tac though and Ill be going as Mitsuru Kirijo from Persona 3 because she is amazing <33
AerEuphieWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #69
palpable
emmy

@ rinda-rinda; don't worry i know how you feel. about work, anyway! otakuthon was so fun last year but i'm sad that i can't make it... sniff. i love montreal I WISH OTTAWA WASN"T SO BORING and that our official con hadn't been canceled. not like it matters since i live in toronto for the school year buuuuut

it's good that your cosplay's coming along, though! <3 i cannot wait to see shadow naoto, and hopefully your hat will be kick arse <3

as for photoshoot days, i'm down for anythin, really, except saturday might consist of me switching costumes frequently. ugh getting a black zentai on and off is going to be a bitch.

@ harry_ord; OMG i know your pain! stitching rise's jacket was a pain in the arse. i was listening to audiobook tapes while i was doing it so i wouldn't get too frustrated. near the end i kind of just went "WHATEVR" and winged it. are you using embroidery floss?

@ rock-e; LMAO being loud is what i do best <3 sorry about your ears :3

GOOD LUCK everyone :> <3
black bat dc comics
Unread 07-04-2009, 10:52 PM   #70
Merino
Magical Girl

I haven't been able to buy fabric for my Nanako dress yet I have to go to a different town to get more fabric selection (darn small towns) But it's simple so I'm not worried about getting it done it's really simple :3

I'll probably work on her wig tomorrow though :3
Unread 07-05-2009, 02:24 AM   #71
Rinda-Rinda
Rinda Rinda Rindaaa

@Harry_Ord: Glad you've got some progress on the costume!
I've heard the stitching is a real pain in the arse.

For Fan X I MIGHT just end up ordering some pre-made costume or something, but it all depends on how much time I have - sure, going to our seamstress would be a LOT cheaper, so I SHOULD have the time to hand-sew the white stitching into the costume.

@palpable: You were at Otakuthon last year?! NO WAY. Well, if you remember any cosplayers from it, I was the only Haruko (FLCL) there xD And yeah, I can imagine getting a zentai on and off again all day would be a pain xD But worse comes to worse, you just wear Rise for the photoshoot on Saturday? Besides, it'll most likely be that day since Saturdays are usually the more popular con days. And like I said, I'll be there all weekend - so I wouldn't mind having a second meetup or photoshoot on a Friday or even Sunday if some can't make it on Saturday.

Ugh. I REALLY should be working on colouring pins right now, but I've got a case of beer and a PSP that's got Monster Hunter Unite, so I keep getting distracted with Monster Hunter and keep playing that instead of colouring ;__;

@Fire_ofthe_Dawn: Oh man, NANAKO! Yeah, you've still got plenty of time, it's simple enough that it can be totally done in time lol. I know what it feels like to live in a small town - I lived in the middle of nowhere in southern Ontario for about 3 years, so I feel your pain xD

Sweet, all my Shadow!Naoto stuff is in the mail! It'll be here in about a week, I can't wait D:
Unread 07-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #72
Harry_Ord

Thanks, everybody

@Palpable
GAH I know what you mean, I have a stack of CD’s to keep me sane through this
And I’m not using embroidery tape though in retrospect that may have been much more convenient XD
Oh well, as it stands it looks pretty good… as long as you’re a few feet away from it (haha, oooh lord that may not be a good sign)

@Rinda_Rinda
I wish you an easier stitching endeavor than we’ve experienced, but there’s no shame in ordering a costume either, especially if it’s from Persona
The way I see it, most of the designs look awesome as everyday clothes as well, so if you’re going to be wearing it outside of cons its worth getting something of professional-ish quality

Banagher Links- Gundam Unicorn
Harry Ord- Turn A Gundam
Harry_Ord is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #73
Merino
Magical Girl

So, I did work on my wig today! Cut one of my longer ones short (Cheaper than buying a new one, and it was for a cosplay I probably wouldn't wear again unless I bought a new wig) I'll get pics when I get a camera...don't know when that will be

@Rinda-Rinda yeah, small towns are good sometimes and no good other times... And yeah I'm not nervous about finishing Nanako in the slightest *laugh* I think it's my most simple cosplay to date, this or Misty.
Unread 07-10-2009, 06:45 PM   #74
SaikyouKira
タケル

</me appears from the darkness into which he escaped for an indefinite amount of time.>

GOOD DAY. *Naoto-style*

*AHEM* Anyway...

Yeah, sorry I haven't been around lately. My work schedule has been pretty erratic lately and I was too lazy to think of a longer, witty response, so yeah, that's my excuse, or substitute therefore.

FAN EXPO IS...<Please hold...calculating time remaining.> ... <Calculation complete.> 43 days away!! I think the lull stage that happens in between cons has come and (almost) gone, and now the excitement's starting to rise again. How's everybody's costume coming along?!

@Rinda-rinda: Were you able to find the hat? And I haven't been able to locate the blooper glasses as of yet...I'm sorry. =(

@Emmy: Rise's winter uniform! IT MUST HAPPEN, AND THEREFORE, I MUST GLOMP YOU. =D You can do it! I believe in you!! </me will refrain from dubbed Naruto catchphrases>

@Fire of the dawn: NANAKO MUST ALSO HAPPEN, AND THEREFORE, I MUST ALSO GLOMP YOU. *no pedo*

@Rock-e: I'm at your house right now...and the TV is right here... Mwahahahahaha *evil Yosuke*

@AerEuphieWalker: It's a shame that you can't do a Persona cosplay, but definitely come by during our photoshoot(s)!

Speaking of photoshoots, it seems that there are going to be two Persona photoshoots: one informal on Friday, and the formal one on Saturday? </me is slightly confused>
SaikyouKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2009, 09:30 PM   #75
TLSHIN
Supreme Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaikyouKira View Post
Aww, your fellow Yosuke is saddened, but like with Scion, it can't be helped sometimes. I hope you'll still join us or at least join us at the photoshoot!!
Oops, Late reply is late ^_^;;

I'll be sure to get pics of most of the Persona cosplayers at the convention like I did for AN, will try to stop by the photoshoot.

Anime North 2010 Cosplays:
Raven- Pandora Hearts
Servebot- Megaman Legends and Marvel vs Capcom 2

"Screw the Force, I have Spiral Energy!"

Last edited by TLSHIN : 07-10-2009 at 09:33 PM.
TLSHIN is offline   Reply With Quote