Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Fan Expo

Unread 08-29-2009, 09:51 PM   #256
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

I found their line ups to be really disorganized. When we went downstairs we were directed to a large group of people and told that was the line. I wandered around and realized it was indeed a line, to what though I wasn't sure, and where it started i didn't know. I was told it was for the dealers room. My friend thought the line seemed really long. I agreed... we headed back towards where we came from and wandered into another area, and then just walked into the dealers room. Great success. That being said I bought nothing and after about 1.5 hours of wandering, left. Good thing I didn't wait in line or I would have been really disappointed.
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #257
RadRage
Registered Crazy

DireKitty, I know exactly what you mean. There was this huge ass line and then you go over to the left more and then theres this much smaller line going into the dealers room...I got confused everytime...
RadRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2009, 10:47 PM   #258
RING0guu

The line up was HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL.
nuff said.

RING0guu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 12:44 AM   #259
Nagii
Number Eleven

The whole Reg and Pre-Reg on Saturday was a WTH moment for me. It was completely unorganized. There was a M line in the center of the North building just under the hotel that no one knew what it was for. There was zero staff to direct. I pre-regged but stood in it cause I didn't know where else to go. I had to ask a star guest who was standing nearby and he told us we were in the wrong line and it was actually a line north from us by the escalators.
So we went there and took a bloody tour to the South building, 20min TOUR! Then had to wait in line at the base of the South building. I saw the line for the Reg and I was like WTH, crazy! The Dealer room was too crowded too, there was alot of people walking towards traffic instead of with traffic, the lines were so long, they told us to go to the VIP entrance though we only had a basic. Which was okay. OK...WTH was with the Dealers M and K and S pattern of a line...to get in? There was no staff, no one again knew what they were lining up for, the Smoothie line was mingling with the Dealers line.

The dude at the skyway in the start of the afternoon, let us out but didn't tell us beforehand we weren't allowed back in until we tried. We only wanted to get pics outside, we had to walk all the way downstairs then take the escalators back upstairs to where we should of been should we be allowed back inside.

This was my first time and only a day...I still find AN better. I most likely won't do a three day thing here next year. Other then the Dealers room and picture taking I was completely bored and tired at getting no help from staff >_>

Friday: Chromia (Transformers Windblade)
Saturday: Lizzie Hearts (Ever After High)
Sunday: Duchess Swan (Ever After High)

Transformers Con 2015 - IDW Crosshairs
Fan Expo -
Nagii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 12:51 AM   #260
KakeraのTsuki
in Somniō

That line was ridiculously retarded. So was the dealer's, from what I heard, but what do I know, I didn't go in.

I got to the north building around 11am, saw the line, walked around to the south building, hung around, and did a photoshoot with zero at noon. After that, we met up with more people and all went to harvey's for lunch. The line was still there, so we went to buskerfest, and oh, look, when we came back... the line was gone.

So, yes. I refused to wait in that huge line, so I just wandered off~

the rest of the afternoon/evening was good, though. I met up with pretty much everyone I wanted to see, though I didn't get to talk to some people long enough u_u

overall, it was pretty good. Pity my group couldn't stay for the masquerade, since our ride came at 8, and the masq. started at 7:30...

Otakuthon: Ashe(League of Legends), Artwork (Nardack illustrations)

Upcoming: Lyndis (Fire Emblem: awakening), Abel (Trinity Blood), Fruit Tart (Sakizo)

KakeraのTsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 08:51 AM   #261
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagii View Post
The whole Reg and Pre-Reg on Saturday was a WTH moment for me. It was completely unorganized. There was a M line in the center of the North building just under the hotel that no one knew what it was for. There was zero staff to direct. I pre-regged but stood in it cause I didn't know where else to go. I had to ask a star guest who was standing nearby and he told us we were in the wrong line and it was actually a line north from us by the escalators.
So we went there and took a bloody tour to the South building, 20min TOUR! Then had to wait in line at the base of the South building. I saw the line for the Reg and I was like WTH, crazy! The Dealer room was too crowded too, there was alot of people walking towards traffic instead of with traffic, the lines were so long, they told us to go to the VIP entrance though we only had a basic. Which was okay. OK...WTH was with the Dealers M and K and S pattern of a line...to get in? There was no staff, no one again knew what they were lining up for, the Smoothie line was mingling with the Dealers line.

The dude at the skyway in the start of the afternoon, let us out but didn't tell us beforehand we weren't allowed back in until we tried. We only wanted to get pics outside, we had to walk all the way downstairs then take the escalators back upstairs to where we should of been should we be allowed back inside.

This was my first time and only a day...I still find AN better. I most likely won't do a three day thing here next year. Other then the Dealers room and picture taking I was completely bored and tired at getting no help from staff >_>
Yeah, the skywalk thing threw a lot of people off. Basically you had to go in through the front, and wait in that horrible line again. Want to see the sun? To bad, you have to wait to get back in. That is, if you are willing. I wasn't. I just walked in. Really they should have thought about a few things. I mean, what else is there to do besides go to the dealers room? Not much. So, everyone who bought a ticket will end up in there. Oh crap! Well, lets make LINE RIDES to keep them occupied.

It felt like it was their first year and they underestimated how many people would be there, hence the meaningless lines and utter confusion.
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 08:57 AM   #262
LugiaP2K
Shaman King Cosplayer

I couldn't believe the lines when we got there yesterday either. When we first drove around the South Building, I was amazed that the line went outside. I mean, I didn't expect it to be that long...let alone run into the North Building as well. I was just glad we didn't have to wait in it.

The dealer's room line was crazy as well, although somehow we managed to bypass it into a shorter line. They just told us to move over to the other entrance. Granted, that didn't make it any less crowded on the inside. I just moved into the signing area I needed for autographs, bought an artbook after that was done, and left the dealer's room. I couldn't stand to be in there with so many people.

I really wish they would start to have some of their autograph booths outside of the dealer's room though. I know on the far right side, where their bigger named actors were, was huge lines that blocked any traffic from getting through to the booths there. And that was on Friday...I didn't even go to that side on Saturday. Not to mention the booths in the middle of the dealer's room that had stars signing as well, and making it impossible to go through there.

Eh, with every year, I seem to spend less and less time in the dealer's room. Ah well, guess it isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Oh, it was great seeing you again KakeranoTsuki. I'll probably run into you at AN next year too. Your groups costumes looked great ^^.

Anime North 2018 (May 25-27)

Yoh Asakura

Fan Expo 2018 (Aug 30 - Sept 2)

Jaina Proudmoore - Kul'Tiras Version
LugiaP2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #263
Kyomi
SO ZETTA SLOW

Agreeing with everyone about the lineup; it came as a big surprise for me, since I never ran into a lineup like this before. At first as I was walking down the skywalk towards there, I didn't even know that was the line for FanExpo, all I knew was that the entrance I used on Friday was locked on both sides.

I arrived at about 11:30ish and the photoshoot I was supposed to go to started at 12. The meet and the people were all indoors, but my friends and I couldn't get in because the lineup was backed all the way around the block by the time I first saw it. We found friends pretty far up in the line (by the snowman-like sculpture), but they told us afterwards that even in their spot, it took an hour and a half to get in. I'd be superhardcore late if I decided to wait in line, thankfully they ended up going outside.

During the shoot, we were standing on the balcony and I could see that the line would sometimes not move at all. A friend of mine also told me that for a while, the entire building had maxed its capacity and wasn't letting anyone else in.

Seeing so many people once I managed to get in, I didn't even bother going into the dealer's room.

Last edited by Kyomi : 08-30-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Kyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 06:42 PM   #264
Nagii
Number Eleven

What I don't get is. Fanexpo should have enough money to rent out more halls. The reason why the dealers room was so packed was because everything was in one room. EVERYTHING. The gaming tables, the exhibitors, the signing and autographs, the artist alley etc etc. The entire con was located in one room. Unlike Anime North that spreads out, even in the TCC alone, giving more space.

And it wasn't the entire building that was maxed. It was just the two floors and mostly floor under Reg because the entire con was down there. If they spaced the event out in the first place, alot of the traffic flow and capacity problems would of never happened.

Friday: Chromia (Transformers Windblade)
Saturday: Lizzie Hearts (Ever After High)
Sunday: Duchess Swan (Ever After High)

Transformers Con 2015 - IDW Crosshairs
Fan Expo -
Nagii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2009, 09:45 PM   #265
Kawaii_Omi
Cloaked Schemer [ VI ]

I payed 27.00 for the day, on Saturday, to be crushed around in large room filled with over 70,000 attendees and only spend actually about 2 hour actually inside to buy stuff before spending the rest of my life outside. I don't think I'm paying next year :| I think I'm just going to hang around the Convention center since thats all I REALLY did and you really only need tickets to just go inside that packed room.

Unless they fix this for next year, it's so not worth the weekend.

Anime North 2014
Friday: Abbey Bominable (Monster High)
Saturday: Madeline Hatter (Ever After High)
Sunday: Dai Ji (DW7 Alt)

TF Con Canada
Friday:
Saturday: Jazz ( G1)

Niagara Falls Comic Con
Saturday:
Sunday:

Fan Expo
Sunday: Madeline Hatter ( Ever After High)

TF Con US
Friday:
Saturday:
Kawaii_Omi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 11:07 AM   #266
Zetra
Welcome, to Toon World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
I found their line ups to be really disorganized. When we went downstairs we were directed to a large group of people and told that was the line. I wandered around and realized it was indeed a line, to what though I wasn't sure, and where it started i didn't know. I was told it was for the dealers room. My friend thought the line seemed really long. I agreed... we headed back towards where we came from and wandered into another area, and then just walked into the dealers room. Great success. That being said I bought nothing and after about 1.5 hours of wandering, left. Good thing I didn't wait in line or I would have been really disappointed.
Ugh I know... We were meeting people at a specific place on the bottom floor and when we told the guy that we weren't going to the dealer's room he made us get in the line anyway x_x luckily the people we were meeting up with slept in and we found them when the line let up. But I was super confused.

Also I was disappointed that I got my Deluxe pass... i could have bought so much more in the Dealer's room had I waited to just buy a single pass on Sunday. There was absolutely nothing to do con wise x_x
I was actually told by a friend that I'd like FanExpo more than AN because it was more orginized (this was my frist year at FanExpo) but... I actually found it to be more disorginized than AN. I didn't even think that was possible o_o
Plus I barely got to look at anything when I WAS in the Dealer's room because well.. there was no room to move. ;-;

MTAC 2011
Grell Sutcliff - Kuroshitsuji

Last edited by Zetra : 09-01-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Zetra is offline   Reply With Quote