I only had a disposable camera! But my friends will have pictures; they had digital ones. >_>
Oh yeah, and ... I'll put the highlights in point form:
Good (many things):
- My friends, most of all! Friends from previous cons, making new friends, and meeting friendly people. Yay!
- The cosplay dinner. I didn't order anything, but I met a bunch of fellow forumers and drew on the Jack Astor's table with crayons. Crayons are fun.
- My friend Alastair (Blade Tiger on these forums) told me that I made a very convincing Lloyd, both from the crossplay aspect and from the character aspect. "You are Lloyd..." This made me feel all bubbly and fuzzy inside, as I put it. The thing is, I was only somewhat consciously trying. >_>
- Acting like a dork as said character, who (as those of you who've played Tales of Symphonia know) is a huge dork. I mean ... I am a dork anyway, but... I had a somewhat plausible excuse for it this time.
- The FMA voice actors -- Vic, Aaron and Travis -- were AWESOME. I mean that they TOTALLY rocked and were so funny and so sweet. I got a hug from each of them at the Q&A today! (Vic: "Come here, Red-Glove!")
- The Masquerade was hilarious, if occasionally [uh, in other words, often] the skits were rather 'what the hell...?'-ish. The 'point-the-camera-down' thing got a little old after the thousandth time. But I admit I laughed anyway. <_<
- The AMVs were nice; I absolutely loved the Bleach and FMA ones near/at the end. And the Gravitation one with '1985' was very cute, too.
- My swords, which I carried around on Sunday; I got a bunch of compliments on them, and on my costume itself. Which reminds me that I met Featherweight -- he is the man! Not only very talented, but a really nice and cool guy too.
- Lightsaber duels. Yeah.
- Someone (not in costume -- in a suit, hahaha) on an escalator, going up while I was going down, said to me, "Are you a guy or a girl? ... Guy, right?" I replied happily, "I'm a girl! But thank you; I take it as a compliment!" And felt all cheerful about that. Ego boost get!
- I met Pole Dancing Sora! And gave him a hug! Yes!
- My sweatdrop and ZZZZ signs, which I used shamelessly. Particularly the latter; I would tape it to the wall, stand in front of said wall with a bag in each hand and pretend to sleep. I even brought a chalkboard eraser for Kari/Raine/Tenchii to [pretend to] throw at me.
- Cosplay in public, to 'WTF' looks from normals/mundanes, is fun. Yes.
Bad (not much):
- Some bunch of idiots (I mean -- they were adults) were talking within earshot about how my costume was 'from some anime piece of s***' and how I shouldn't be carrying my swords around in public, etc. *sigh*
- The buttons on my pants kept popping off!
- Binding = ow.
I picture you in the sun, wondering what went wrong
and falling down on your knees, asking for sympathy
and being caught in between all you wish for and all you've seen
and trying to find anything you can feel that you can believe in
Tales of Symphonia : Lloyd Irving (80%) :: Tales of Eternia : Farah Oersted (90%) :: Tales of the Abyss : Luke fon Fabre (25%) :: Tales of Legendia : Senel Coolidge (65%) :: Tales of Destiny : Leon Magnus (0%)
Last edited by FeelLikeRain : 09-03-2006 at 07:22 PM.