Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 03-10-2018, 02:18 PM   #8116
lunaflora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Respawning View Post
Starting to mock up Ciri's corset. I am moderately terrified.
Best of luck! Just think of it as a plain boned bodice
lunaflora is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-12-2018, 11:49 AM   #8117
Scunosi

Mei is pretty much finished now after her glasses finally arrived and I started on her wig. I must say while the actual manufacturing of the glasses took weeks they didn't skimp on the shipping, it arrived just a few days after leaving the factory.

Her wig is also a lot simpler than my last one (what wouldn't be though?) so that's also mostly done after only really a day of working on it. It's a pretty normal hairstyle so I'm a little worried about overworking it but I think it could still use a bit of trimming and styling. I'm also thinking it's one of those styles that may have to be "finished" the morning of, since I don't want to freeze it with heavy-duty spray so it'll look more natural.

Now to figure out what to do with an entire Jeannie ponytail extension I ended up not needing since I just used the shorter base one.

Upcoming Conventions
---

Latest cosplay
Table Tennis Mei (Overwatch)

Working On
---
Scunosi is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2018, 05:23 PM   #8118
Respawning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaflora View Post
Best of luck! Just think of it as a plain boned bodice
Thanks I think I have a good shape going, but need to adjust the back panel as it is overlapping by my waist but too far apart on my ribs.

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel
Working on: Ciri Witcher 3

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2018, 10:27 PM   #8119
lunaflora

Quote:
Thanks I think I have a good shape going, but need to adjust the back panel as it is overlapping by my waist but too far apart on my ribs.
That's great! If it's tightlacing (unsure if it is), you can take it in and let it out from the sides as well. Keep the center back panel completely straight for structural reasons.
Unread 03-13-2018, 12:56 AM   #8120
Respawning

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaflora View Post
That's great! If it's tightlacing (unsure if it is), you can take it in and let it out from the sides as well. Keep the center back panel completely straight for structural reasons.
I want it to be moderately tightlacing (I have some baby squish to hide), but nothing too extreme. It's just an awkward part to fiddle with as I need an extra set of hands that also knows what I'm trying to get at. Sadly, my husband is only slightly helpful in this :P

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC

Unread 03-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #8121
lunaflora

Quote:
I want it to be moderately tightlacing (I have some baby squish to hide), but nothing too extreme. It's just an awkward part to fiddle with as I need an extra set of hands that also knows what I'm trying to get at. Sadly, my husband is only slightly helpful in this :P
If you use the reverse bunny ear method of lacing a corset, you can lace yourself easily if you have a mirror
Unread 03-21-2018, 03:52 PM   #8122
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

Nico Robin's skirt is done!!!!!! I feel like I'm creating this outfit from the toes up. I have boots, the skirt is done,and now on to the bodice then hat.

The Thing (1982)
(the missing word was 'imitation')
gypsy_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2018, 08:36 PM   #8123
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

I'm fixing up Merida for next weekend, but also working on Fanime stuff, as well. Trying to get my obi done for Mink's yukata before I get the fabric for the rest of the cosplay next week.

"No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here. Right?" -Kairi

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2018, 11:21 AM   #8124
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Pants mockup for boyfriend's Elliot cosplay (so far so good EXCEPT for the damn crotch! What is WITH this mock fly?!?!?!?!?), my overbust corset for Abigail, and a TON of making stuff for Anime north. Big batches of squid hats this week and next!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2018, 11:49 PM   #8125
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

Finally finished up Suzu's black armband things after not being able to work on them for weeks (thanks tax season and college applications). 3 months until the convention with one day set aside each week dedicated to cosplay gives me about 12 days to finish up the gloves, scarf, and sword holder...yikes. And unfortunately the fabric for the gloves has to be the same one used for the shirt and pants, and that's not stretchy what-so-ever. I'm hoping to finish them up by the end of May so I have all of June to get the sword stuff done.

Also the new Joann opened up Thursday with a ton of sales going on, so I got the rest of the fabric I need for Kikyo as well as extra pins and some sequins to fix a dress for super cheap. I still need some white velvet for my white mage, but everything they have looks grungey and almost yellow when put next to the other fabric I want to use. And I discovered I have the perfect shirt, pants, and boots in my closet to do Cynthia from Pokemon; I just need the cape, scarf, and wig. One more cosplay to be added to my list of future plans.

Conventions Attended:
Anime Detour 2012
Geek.kon 2012, 2013, & 2016
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
(Upcoming) Anime Midwest 2018

Current Cosplays: Suzu (ToP), Sheena (ToS) default and young/successor version

Upcoming Cosplays: Magma Grunt, White Mage, Kikyo

Future Cosplay Series: Naruto Shippuden, SSB4, Shadowverse, Smite, Yugioh, Final Fantasy, Tales of, Inuyasha, Pokémon
Chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 11:44 AM   #8126
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

Crocheting. Crocheting is happening. I've made a bag for a Steampunk Mermaid. I've got one of two boot covers done. I've also started crocheting sleeves for Sarah Sanderson costume.

The Thing (1982)
(the missing word was 'imitation')
gypsy_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 12:36 PM   #8127
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Big fluffy ears for my Star Guardian Lulu cosplay.

So far all I've achieved is getting covered in green fur fibres. ^.^;
Yoshiko Tsushima (Love Love! Sunshine!!, Summer Uniform) and undetermined others - Amecon (July)

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 12:55 PM   #8128
xIkuna

I'm scoring plexiglass right now and ohhh man it's easy but TERRIFYING I really can't afford to chip/break the plexiglass ahhh

Cosplays:
Dalish Grey Warden- Dragon Age: Origins
Red- Transistor

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 06:14 PM   #8129
Respawning

about to rework my corset and try to complete my sword for Ciri before my photo shoot next month.

Unread 05-16-2018, 06:52 PM   #8130
Scunosi

Just lots of Pinteresting (I realized "Pinning" would be easily confused here) during downtime at work. Eager to get some crafts going to use up a lot of my leftovers but I'm almost done closing on a condo and if so will need to pack and move soon so.....not exactly a good time to pull out a bunch of things and make a big mess.

Upcoming Conventions
---

Latest cosplay
Table Tennis Mei (Overwatch)

Working On
---
Scunosi is online now   Reply With Quote