Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 03-21-2018, 08:36 PM   #8116
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

I'm fixing up Merida for next weekend, but also working on Fanime stuff, as well. Trying to get my obi done for Mink's yukata before I get the fabric for the rest of the cosplay next week.

"No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here. Right?" -Kairi

"Looks like today we're clockin' out early!" -Reno

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2018, 11:21 AM   #8117
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Pants mockup for boyfriend's Elliot cosplay (so far so good EXCEPT for the damn crotch! What is WITH this mock fly?!?!?!?!?), my overbust corset for Abigail, and a TON of making stuff for Anime north. Big batches of squid hats this week and next!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2018, 11:49 PM   #8118
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

Finally finished up Suzu's black armband things after not being able to work on them for weeks (thanks tax season and college applications). 3 months until the convention with one day set aside each week dedicated to cosplay gives me about 12 days to finish up the gloves, scarf, and sword holder...yikes. And unfortunately the fabric for the gloves has to be the same one used for the shirt and pants, and that's not stretchy what-so-ever. I'm hoping to finish them up by the end of May so I have all of June to get the sword stuff done.

Also the new Joann opened up Thursday with a ton of sales going on, so I got the rest of the fabric I need for Kikyo as well as extra pins and some sequins to fix a dress for super cheap. I still need some white velvet for my white mage, but everything they have looks grungey and almost yellow when put next to the other fabric I want to use. And I discovered I have the perfect shirt, pants, and boots in my closet to do Cynthia from Pokemon; I just need the cape, scarf, and wig. One more cosplay to be added to my list of future plans.

Conventions Attended:

Anime Detour 2012
Geek.kon 2012, 2013, & 2016
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
Anime Midwest 2018
(Nov) Daisho Con 2018

Current Cosplays: Sheena Fujibayashi (young/successor version)

Upcoming Cosplays: Team Magma Grunt, White Mage, Suzu Fujibayashi

Future Cosplay Series: Naruto Shippuden, SSB4, Shadowverse, Smite, Final Fantasy, Tales of, Inuyasha, Pokémon
Chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 11:44 AM   #8119
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

Crocheting. Crocheting is happening. I've made a bag for a Steampunk Mermaid. I've got one of two boot covers done. I've also started crocheting sleeves for Sarah Sanderson costume.

The Thing (1982)
(the missing word was 'imitation')
gypsy_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 12:36 PM   #8120
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Big fluffy ears for my Star Guardian Lulu cosplay.

So far all I've achieved is getting covered in green fur fibres. ^.^;

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 12:55 PM   #8121
xIkuna

I'm scoring plexiglass right now and ohhh man it's easy but TERRIFYING I really can't afford to chip/break the plexiglass ahhh

Cosplays:
Yennefer- The Witcher 3
Magik (Phoenix Force)- Marvel

xIkuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 06:14 PM   #8122
Respawning

about to rework my corset and try to complete my sword for Ciri before my photo shoot next month.

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC, Ciri
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel, DC Bombshells Batwoman, Art Nouveau mermaid, Felmmigan (Morrigan/Flemeth) Dragon Age
Working on: ??

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2018, 06:52 PM   #8123
Scunosi

Just lots of Pinteresting (I realized "Pinning" would be easily confused here) during downtime at work. Eager to get some crafts going to use up a lot of my leftovers but I'm almost done closing on a condo and if so will need to pack and move soon so.....not exactly a good time to pull out a bunch of things and make a big mess.

Upcoming Conventions
PAX West

Latest cosplay
Table Tennis Mei (Overwatch)

Working On
Princess Peach-New Donk City (Super Mario Odyssey)
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2018, 08:51 AM   #8124
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

I am sewing my material and lining together for Nico Robin's top. I hope to get most the sewing for this done today.

The Thing (1982)
Unread 05-22-2018, 12:15 AM   #8125
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

All of my costumes for this weekend are done! After Fanime I plan to work on Judy's cop outfit and maybe Rapunzel.

"No matter where I go or what I see, I know I can always come back here. Right?" -Kairi

"Looks like today we're clockin' out early!" -Reno

Yay! (ノ•ω•)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2018, 06:23 PM   #8126
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

Woot!!!! I have a top! I have something to wear to Yeticon. I've done all the sewing on Nico Robin's top. I have a little embellishment to do on it. I've just started on the arm band and I still have the hat to make.

The Thing (1982)
Unread 05-31-2018, 12:16 AM   #8127
Respawning

reworking my Ciri corset and trying to make her sword (still) for my photo shoot next weekend.

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC, Ciri
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel, DC Bombshells Batwoman, Art Nouveau mermaid, Felmmigan (Morrigan/Flemeth) Dragon Age
Working on: ??

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-2018, 11:54 PM   #8128
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Finished up cutting and assembling most of the pieces to Stormbreaker. Now I have to start putting together the larger pieces tomorrow, when no one else is home.
Hiccup (HTTYD: The Hidden World) - Otakon 2018
Powerline/Max (The Goofy Movie) - Otakon 2018
U.A. Student (My Hero Academia) - Otakon 2018 (Backup cosplay)

Slapthefatcat Cosplays
Southern Maryland Cosplayers Group (Anyone can join)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2018, 09:55 AM   #8129
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

ALMOST done the medieval garb for this year's faire circuit... just need to make my veil (of COURSE I want to do all of it in handworked herringbone stitch to make it take five times as long) and braid extensions, and a few buttonholes for the boyfriend's cotehardie.
And, I can finally start on my Kraken-waterfall bustle gown for the Steampunk festival! Been looking forward to that one since I designed it in the winter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2018, 07:34 PM   #8130
walkerofdarknes

Well, I was working on a Lich King from World of Warcraft cosplay, but I fell way too behind on it. So my backup is Professor Stein from Soul Eater. Which I have all the base materials for now (including some very 80s white shoes), and just need to customize it. And lose maybe 40 pounds in 7 weeks, because the chosen turtlenecks were only available in a large, when I would have much preferred XL.

And then there's still the matter of figuring out which props to make....
walkerofdarknes is offline   Reply With Quote