UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Dunkins messed up my order. Twice.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #152
Khorrupt

All the cute dresses are maxi dresses, which my legs are too short for, or mini-dresses, which my ass is too big for.

Sigh.
Unread 08-02-2013, 10:48 PM   #153
SweeneyTodd
Jack Sparrow impersonator

Khorrupt - Yooo I totally feel ya on that! I love maxi dresses but I am too damn short to pull them off properly and dresses that are short sometimes look really awkward on me. So this is why I just stick to short shorts and some kind of nice-ish top.

I have a super first world problem that it is actually awful that I am even complaining about this. So now that I will be going back to NJ and living with my dad for the rest of the summer, I realized that the cars at my dad's house aren't nearly as "loaded" as the ones I've been driving. His car doesn't have a direct USB plugin for my phone nor does he have a phone-to-radio plugin so that the audio for my phone can go through the radio So I will be traveling with extra car accessories so I can still use my phone GPS and maybe try and blast the music on my phone in the car.

His car also doesn't have a back-up camera or automatic mirrors (the side mirrors tilt down, which is what I use to back out of funky driveways lol, they also do this weird thing where I guess they adjust to the light so that when it gets dark, they turn a dark blue-ish color so that the lights behind me don't blind me) which is gonna be a bit of an adjustment for me :P

It's a pirate's life for me! Savvy?

Find me on Facebook!

SparrowStyle Entertainment on Instagram

WorldCosplay Account

Last edited by SweeneyTodd : 08-02-2013 at 10:55 PM.
SweeneyTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 11:02 PM   #154
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

There isn't a way for clothes I order online to appear instantly at my door.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 11:14 PM   #155
SweeneyTodd

Speaking of ordering things, we ordered new flooring for the house, we were told it would be in in 2 weeks. 2 weeks later we go to pick it up... guess what the store rep says?
"Oh sorry, I couldn't find your flooring. We must not have placed the order yet."
....That's a joke right? Really? How can you guys mess up like that????
So we just went to Menards and picked up different flooring that was already in stock :P

Find me on Facebook!

WorldCosplay Account
Unread 08-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #156
Loveable-Eve
Scene Shop Princess

I missed to World Cosplay Summit Finals
I was going to watch it live on Nico Nico, I had it al planed out
but I got the timezones wrong
Luckily I made my account premium just for this and I can still watch it
Unread 08-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #157
SweeneyTodd

That super annoying moment when you can't find a hotel room. I'm on the road now with my dad, on a long distance road trip and all the hotels near us are sold out because of the Dog Show (I love dog shows, I used to show dogs), but now we're pretty desperate, even checked rodeway inn (I don't even know what that is....if the hotel can't spell correctly then it shouldn't be trusted is what I feel) and still no luck. Like, the nearest Marriott or Hilton hotel is 60 miles away, I think we somehow ended up in the middle of nowhere lol

Edit: okay so this is why you shouldn't be too adventurous with the hotels you stay at. There was a sketchy bar in the lobby of the hotel and a couple drunk people walking around the lobby, the manager had to get security down there to take them to their rooms. Also, there were room numbers written on the wall with red permanent marker and that mirror on the pole is so the manager can keep an eye on bar activity....literally the sketchiest hotel I have ever been in.

Find me on Facebook!

WorldCosplay Account

Last edited by SweeneyTodd : 08-03-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #158
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

There's two little kids on the bus who are attempting to sing and they sound exactly like a bunch of wailing cats. It's so bad and so loud I can't even drown it out with my noise-cancelling headphones. They'd BETTER not do this the whole damn ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 12:31 AM   #159
VanGylen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
I got a decent chunk of change from the government, but I don't want to go deposit it because it's too humid and my bank is about 2 blocks away.

Oh man, I can almost taste the douche-a-tude.
it's hot here too, you walk to steps and you have instant swamp-A**

Versus (Final Fantasy 13: Versus)
Allen Walker & Kanda Yuu (D Gray Man)
Death the kid (Soul Eater)
Light Yagami (Deathnote)
Natsuo (Loveless)
Dead Mater (Black Rock Shooter)

FB FRENDZ? (Yes or Yes?)

For cosplay Comission(I make your cosplay)
Message me on here
VanGylen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #160
VanGylen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorrupt View Post
All the cute dresses are maxi dresses, which my legs are too short for, or mini-dresses, which my ass is too big for.

Sigh.

Why don't you just hem the maxi dress?
you can do it by hand if you dont have a machine

Versus (Final Fantasy 13: Versus)
Allen Walker & Kanda Yuu (D Gray Man)
Death the kid (Soul Eater)
Light Yagami (Deathnote)
Natsuo (Loveless)
Dead Mater (Black Rock Shooter)

FB FRENDZ? (Yes or Yes?)

For cosplay Comission(I make your cosplay)
Message me on here
VanGylen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 12:38 AM   #161
Khorrupt

Why do I live in a swamp? I swear, you can drink the air here. My hair doesn't appreciate it either.

Also, I'm sick of having to take classes I don't want. Oh, you wanted anatomy/physiology field experience? Sorry, we dropped that class because it's one of the few valuable classes to future careers we offered. Instead, we're going to put you in Child Development and make you an office worker as well so you can learn even MORE useless information and waste your time all in the same day!

SCREW MY SCHOOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanGylen View Post
Why don't you just hem the maxi dress?
I've thought about that, because I do have a machine. My mom is really particular about buying clothes, and she's like "Well, you don't need to be hacking up your clothes. Just find a dress that's a length you like." So unfortunately, it's not an option >.>
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #162
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I've got blisters on my fingers from holding the rubber grippy part of the tablet pen.

Brandon assures me it's an initiation into being an artist. Like how guitarists fingers are calloused.

I am assuring myself that it hurts like hell.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #163
Khorrupt

I downloaded an app for podcasts so I could listen to Welcome to Night Vale, but I can't use the internet at the same time without stopping it. Sigh.
Unread 08-09-2013, 05:12 AM   #164
BisectedBrioche
Selfie Queen

Oh why are step-up transformers so hard to find on their own? Disposable cameras are pretty scarce now!

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%) Sheik (?)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #165
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorrupt View Post
I've thought about that, because I do have a machine. My mom is really particular about buying clothes, and she's like "Well, you don't need to be hacking up your clothes. Just find a dress that's a length you like." So unfortunately, it's not an option >.>
That is, to be frank, cuckoo nutso. Very, very few mass-produced clothes are going to fit everyone perfectly because they're tailored to generic measurements that do not apply to the vast majority of real human bodies. Unless you are making your own clothes or can afford to buy your entire wardrobe bespoke, taking something to a tailor or altering it yourself is the next best option.

Most of us don't bother doing it, because it takes time and/or money, but that's why so many of us complain about how unflattering and/or uncomfortable our clothes feel.

Taking a hem up is a really basic step and hardly "hacking up your clothes". Your mom needs to get a grip.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote