Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Other Fashion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
Jacecam32

Cloaks

How are cloaks Not a Fashion thing?! They feel so fricking EPIC! all warm and fuzzy (if done right) too! I want to wear one everywhere! Specifically my Fate Zero Rider Cloak Rider Cloak Beard and Hair

P.S. I hate my hair being so long. the things I Do for cosplay.
The Inferiority You Feel Is Actually The Quality Of A King. You May Grumble A Lot But You Know That You Are Still Small. And Yet, You Still Struggle To Reach Heights Greater Then You Can Imagine - Iskander Fate Zero.
Jacecam32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
Rangiku12
<3 Old School <3

Ahh Rider is my favorite! <3 but yeah cloaks are super fun and so king like. As much fun as fur stoles too. I get confused as to what a cloak is though..a cape or a coat or a mix of the two?

Working on
Tsunade (Naruto)
Mimmy (Hello Kitty)
Rangiku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Honestly, with all this fantasy stuff being so "in" right now, I'm amazed they aren't..lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Dream Cosplays:
-Tsuruya-san (Haruhi Suzumiya)
-Kagami Hiiragi (Lucky Star)
-Minimandy (Grim Tales)
-Mimi (Grim Tales)
-Yui Hirasawa (K-On!)
JasonTerror is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
figment1986
Part of Figmentsmedia

I need to get a new cloak made... I just love the way they flow... I borrowed my sister's to mess around with two of my cosplays during holiday matsuri... I loved it.

Big Cons planning to Attend: (This does not include smaller cons like Anime Day)
Spooky Empire
ShadoCon
RANGERSTOP's Superhero Toy & Comic Con
ANIMATE! Miami
Holiday Matsuri
Megacon 2015
figment1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
Mangochutney
saucy condiment

They are in. Back in, actually, since they've been stylish before in a few different modes. There's the structured 40s-ish cape and the more poncho-style 60s cape, and there's always been various drapey wraps that might as well be capes because they cover everything and swoop in a very satisfactory manner.

It's a matter of finding/making one that doesn't look costumey and of wearing it with confidence. I have three vintage ones I wear kinda all the time, but I'd never wear my Catelyn Stark one outside a convention.
Bondage Finch [Bondage Finch Adventures] (12%)
Melisandre, the Red Woman [Game of Thrones] (43%)

Last edited by Mangochutney : 12-19-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Mangochutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

And the question or discussion subject in this thead is what?
Our favourite cosplay cloaks?
Only have one and that would be the seen everywhere green Snk cloak. But I like it anyhow.
In progress:
| Yuu Kashima - 90%|
| Homura Akemi - 80%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 50%| Uta - 50%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #7
Mangoloo

IKR! Cloaks are AWESOME! Gotta love how they flow in the wind... so much epic win!

LOL you know what.. lets make it a fashion trend by just wearing cloaks at random places haha

Borderlands's Tiny Tina w/Krieg and Maya
Soul Eater's *Beach Variant* Liz Thompson w/Patty and Death the Kidd

Like my cosplay page ^.^
LABINNAK & MANGOLOO Cosplays FB
Mangoloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #8
dolphinee

I always love Shoei's red cloak, that's really cool!
dolphinee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #9
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Boyfriend and I are cloak and cape fiends. I've made, counting his, seven costumes with cloaks and am working on an eighth. This is my best one. http://www.cosplay.com/costume/273272/ (cost me $300 to make and over a hundred hours of hand embroidery)
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #10
Asezuna

I made mine just a week ago, and I LOVE it. It makes travelling on an escalator feel epic as it flaps and flows behind due to the wind. And since I put on it a good piece of fur as well, it is warm, too! (Perfect for others to warm their hands beneath the fur for the end is not sewn on.)
Plus, it made my friend's cosplay of Once Upon a Time Captain Hook costume look even more awesome, even though it was meant for my Loki cosplay, due to how cold fake leather can get in Winter. It's just so much win!
".... Not much of a threat, considering we're already in Hel."
Asezuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #11
siyrean

sadly in Canada, cloaks don't cut it in winter, middle America, it is up to you now.

Dragon*Con: Captain America-Lolita Avengers, Steampunk, ?ASoIaF, Shura, Roman Torchwick, RWBY PJ ver. Emma Swan OUaT, Queen of Mars Archer
Teslacon: Steampunk
Ice and Fire con:
Anime North:
Colossal con:
Apop:
DragonCon:

siyrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #12
Undertaker^^
Ghost Pokemon Lover~

why can cloaks not be more of a thing... they are just amazing!

-Youmacon 2014-
Mega Banette Gijinka ( Pokemon ) - Halted apparently till a later Event
Enderman Gijinka ( Minecraft )

Undertaker^^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
Cameron1138
Kingslayer

I really want a furry cloak like what the members of the Night's Watch wear on Game of Thrones. Not for cosplay (I would sort of like to cosplay Jon Snow, but even if I'm ever able to grow facial hair like his it won't be black, and I really don't think I'm pretty enough for him anyway so I wouldn't be able to pull it off very well), just for wearing in the cold.

In progress: Booker Dewitt - ~100%; Connor Kenway - on hold; Mad Max - 100%; Bucky Barnes/Winter Soldier - 15%; Jaime Lannister - 25%; Mal Reynolds (improved) - 15%

Future/considering: Edward Kenway, Daryl Dixon, Arno Dorian, improved Vash, Anakin Skywalker or Han Solo

Last edited by Cameron1138 : 12-20-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Cameron1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 01:27 PM   #14
Amanita

I love wearing cloaks, I've got a gorgeous lightweight one my mom made, I should bring it out more often! I have happy memories of running around San Francisco in my black wool Jedi cloak, even walking the Golden Gate Bridge in it. And how I wished I had it on the ferry over to the Statue of Liberty this past November 3!

I know the hosts of "What not to Wear" would have a conniption, but cloaks have a certain grace to them that a regular jacket won't ever be able to compete with.
Amanita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #15
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by siyrean View Post
sadly in Canada, cloaks don't cut it in winter, middle America, it is up to you now.
I know... the cloak I mentioned is suede and chenille and is heavy enough to use as a blanket. ...but after October with any wind? COLD.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote