Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 01-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #62686
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Ah I didn't know you where in Italy.
In the states we have fairly strict animal abuse laws, so if someone had evidence of their neighbor poisoning their pet that person would very likely end up in jail for a short period under animal abuse laws.
The state I live in, Michigan, is one of the top 5 strictest states in terms of upholding animal abuse laws.

I understand how you must feel, that man hurt your beloved pets and I don't think anyone would hold it against you for not wishing him the best.

The new cat I got from our shelter was abused at his prior home when an old man found him as a stay. He was being starved to death because the man couldn't take care of him right and if the neighbors didn't call the police he would have probably ended up freezing to death this winter :\
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #62687
AyumuChan

From the moment I lose my cats, I have waited 4 years, before have another pet. And was a gift of my grandfather, for me and my sister. He had known week before he was ill, cancer, so for makes me and Isabel little happy, take us a dog, a puppy. I remember like was yesterday.. I was in the garage, and I heard a sound, a strange sound.. my grandfather out I see that smiling, so I have think that don't was dangerous for me..I ride around the car of my father and I see him.. small, with ears that were not very high, ass a little sideways, and huge paws..Darky. When my sister saw him she became crazy and I too.
But when we have known what he have past, we feeling proud of our dog.
He was the last of four puppy, and were found into a dumpster, into a big, black plastic bag! And only after 3 days, from the scavengers who empty the container...
It must have been a huge shock for him, because if you leave him alone too long, or not say something crying. Even now that is old.
AyumuChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #62688
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyumuChan View Post
I missing my two kitty's. They was awesome. Both following me and my sis to school, and we meet them on the way for home. One neighbor, a very bad man, for me, poisoning them because they walk on the wall of the gate. NOt in the garden, not because they try to eat the lovebirds.. I have ended a friendship with his son for this reason.
I have do very nice memory with both.
And from that moment I don't have take more cats..it was to painful for me. I was just 12.
A similar thing happened to our cats years ago. I was probably about 15. This guy had just moved in next door to us and right from the start, he was not a very nice guy. He started complaining to us that our cats were going into his yard. I don't remember how long this went on but next thing we knew, all our cats disappeared and one by one, were sent back to us. We quickly realized they had been poisoned with antifreeze.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #62689
AyumuChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
A similar thing happened to our cats years ago. I was probably about 15. This guy had just moved in next door to us and right from the start, he was not a very nice guy. He started complaining to us that our cats were going into his yard. I don't remember how long this went on but next thing we knew, all our cats disappeared and one by one, were sent back to us. We quickly realized they had been poisoned with antifreeze.
I just wanna ask them, "WHY?" why you have do this at animals that don't hurts no one?
So you can understand my feelings.
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #62690
BisectedBrioche
Selfie Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaori87 View Post
Who'd do that!? I hope he got his comeuppance.

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%) Sheik (?)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #62691
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Oh, pet poisoning? Yeah. I can't believe people will deliberately hurt/kill other people's beloved pets. It's just disgusting. When I was 9 or 10 a bastard downstairs shot my cat with a bb gun (it hit him in the butt, so afterward he hated having his back end touched and he was limping for a week). My Dad shot the idiot right back with it and he stayed the hell away from the cat afterward. So the guy's brother, no fucking better, decided to let his pit bull chase after my cat whenever he came over. Fortunately he could scale fences like crazy and the idiots didn't live here for long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #62692
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

Oh my goodness, all of these stories are awful. ;-;

(Also massive situational irony, our Mock Trial case this year is on animal cruelty, and I was just working on it before I wound up here on the thread.)
  • Lapis Lazuli (Houseki no Kuni) : ??% (Wig Styling) Late Spring 2018
  • Gym Uniform Todoroki (BNHA): ??% (Planning) Summer 2018
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:49 PM   #62693
esclarmonde

One of my cats was poisoned by our neighbor too. I live in the country and he had chickens. Once in a while a chicken would disappear because he used weak metal net for protecting them (because it'ds cheaper) and there are foxes around here. He put poisoned meat around his house (which even before the recent laws was forbidden here in Italy because it's dangerous to people as well, little children could have found it) and our cate ate one of them.

We confronted him but he denied everything and threw away the remaining poisoned meat, so we couldn't prove a thing. He died a couple of years ago and his daughter, who inherited his farm, is an animal lover and apologyzed sincerely for this whole matter even if it wasn't her fault, she wasn't even living there when it happened.
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #62694
Angathol
harmony harmony
Canada Forums Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyumuChan View Post
From the moment I lose my cats, I have waited 4 years, before have another pet. And was a gift of my grandfather, for me and my sister. He had known week before he was ill, cancer, so for makes me and Isabel little happy, take us a dog, a puppy. I remember like was yesterday.. I was in the garage, and I heard a sound, a strange sound.. my grandfather out I see that smiling, so I have think that don't was dangerous for me..I ride around the car of my father and I see him.. small, with ears that were not very high, ass a little sideways, and huge paws..Darky. When my sister saw him she became crazy and I too.
But when we have known what he have past, we feeling proud of our dog.
He was the last of four puppy, and were found into a dumpster, into a big, black plastic bag! And only after 3 days, from the scavengers who empty the container...
It must have been a huge shock for him, because if you leave him alone too long, or not say something crying. Even now that is old.
I'm glad your grandfather helped to rescue this puppy, and that he has a good home. <3

My dog was rescued too. In December 2011 she was found in a garage in farm country by my aunt's friend, who lived there with her family. The dog had a collar but no tag or microchip. She waited by the road, but nobody came, so my aunt's friend kept her for a month while looking for someone to adopt her. Our first family dog was euthanized in December 2009 because of cancer, so my aunt contacted my mom to see if she'd be interested in having a dog again. My parents met the dog and fell in love with her, so they adopted her and surprised my brother and me on Christmas 2011 with the news. We brought her home on January 1 last year.

She gets nervous and has abandonment issues, but she's a really smart pup, cuddly and loveable. <3

Angathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #62695
Headphone Actor
Local KagePro loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post
I'm glad your grandfather helped to rescue this puppy, and that he has a good home. <3

My dog was rescued too. In December 2011 she was found in a garage in farm country by my aunt's friend, who lived there with her family. The dog had a collar but no tag or microchip. She waited by the road, but nobody came, so my aunt's friend kept her for a month while looking for someone to adopt her. Our first family dog was euthanized in December 2009 because of cancer, so my aunt contacted my mom to see if she'd be interested in having a dog again. My parents met the dog and fell in love with her, so they adopted her and surprised my brother and me on Christmas 2011 with the news. We brought her home on January 1 last year.

She gets nervous and has abandonment issues, but she's a really smart pup, cuddly and loveable. <3

So fluffy! Can I keep her?
And all at once, I know everything is gone
Headphone Actor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #62696
AyumuChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angathol View Post

Your dog is really nice, a collie

This is mine:

And every time I go in Italy, to visit my family, he understand that I am at home, and wait anxiously that I go to say Hi to him :P
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #62697
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Aww, he's adorable! (And yours too, Angathol. Collies are always such pretty dogs. Sadly, I got bitten by a collie that we'd rescued from our neighbour when I was a kid, and it didn't have a happy ending .)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 01-10-2013 at 07:38 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #62698
chibi_kitsune
creator of my own world

Not much. Since I got my associate's degree in applied science, I had plenty of free time while waiting to move and figuring out what to do next.

I have been taking ATS/Tribal Fusion Belly Dance for about two years now and been drawing, working on costumes, jewelry (trying out polymer clay), crocheting a cookie scarf, etc...

Sorry, it seems like a whole different discussion is going on here.
chibi_kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #62699
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

I want a dog.

"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #62700
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I just got these new shoes in de mail!
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote