penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
It might be a regional thing.

That story pleased me mightily.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
A quick google search confirms that indeed, some locales do indeed offer Garlic Knots.

YOUR MOVE PD, YOUR MOVE!
The Smoking Gun story Uproxx linked from and the police report posted make no mention on what pizza place the delivery person worked for. It's still inaccurate reporting. And where are you finding these Domino's with garlic knots? I thought all they had were those parmesan bread bites and "garlic" dipping sauce. Those are not knots.

ETA: I just punched in the dude's address in Vero Beach into the Domino's website to access their local menu, and NO KNOTS. Clearly I am cut out for this journalism thing.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison

Last edited by penny_dreadful : 01-24-2013 at 04:13 PM.
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 04:16 PM   #63422
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
The Smoking Gun story Uproxx linked from and the police report posted make no mention on what pizza place the delivery person worked for. It's still inaccurate reporting. And where are you finding these Domino's with garlic knots? I thought all they had were those parmesan bread bites and "garlic" dipping sauce. Those are not knots.

ETA: I just punched in the dude's address in Vero Beach into the Domino's website to access their local menu, and NO KNOTS. Clearly I am cut out for this journalism thing.
"Wheeler admits punching Feigen but for completely different reasons unrelated to garlic knots.

When questioned by deputies, Wheeler claimed that "the issue was not over forgetting the missing garlic knots with the pizza," but rather that the pizza place owes him money."

According to Wheeler himself, there were knots ordered. Maybe he's referring to bites, but regardless, a dude in Florida punched a kid. Hell, there's even the chance that they told him there's no knots to be offered and he may be crazy.

Also my bad, the Domino's pizza I found was NOT a part of a chain. But a place called Domino's. Which isn't coming up or in Florida.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis

Last edited by TheAnarCHris : 01-24-2013 at 04:23 PM.
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #63423
Mykaios
Saving all the meguca's.

Was it bath salts?
Mykaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #63424
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
"Wheeler admits punching Feigen but for completely different reasons unrelated to garlic knots.

When questioned by deputies, Wheeler claimed that "the issue was not over forgetting the missing garlic knots with the pizza," but rather that the pizza place owes him money."

According to Wheeler himself, there were knots ordered. Maybe he's referring to bites, but regardless, a dude in Florida punched a kid.

Also my bad, the Domino's pizza I found was NOT a part of a chain. But a place called Domino's. Which isn't coming up or in Florida.
I'm not contesting the issue of whether or not knots were ordered, I'm contesting the
a) image of a Domino's Pizza delivery guy used in the heading
b) reference to $5 Domino's pizza in the body of the article
c) addition of the "dominos pizza" tag
when nowhere in the original police report does it state where the pizza was coming from. Why are they associating Domino's with the story of an innocent kid getting punched by a 346-pound beardy dude? IT'S FALLACIOUS. I TAKE ACCURACY IN REPORTING AND PIZZA VERY SERIOUSLY AS YOU CAN TELL.
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
Unread 01-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #63425
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny_dreadful View Post
Why are they associating Domino's with the story of an innocent kid getting punched by a 346-pound beardy dude?

WHAT DOES IT MATTER?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #63426
Shana05
Survivor

Late to the MCR talk. I've seen them twice. At the first show I caught a water bottle that was thrown from the stage. I wrote "MCR" and the date of the show on it and I still have it. The second show was at a smaller venue so I got to be a lot closer to the band. Other than an incident with a security guard on a power trip, nothing all that notable happened.

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #63427
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:

WHAT DOES IT MATTER?
It matters because I got really excited when I thought Domino's was selling garlic knots now and they DON'T and I'm SAD and I'm HUNGRY and my HEAD HURTS.
Unread 01-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #63428
sam vimes
A real live wire

I was at Warped Tour in '05 with PD. It was 100 degrees -- too hot to enjoy anything.

And any conversation about being too old at a show wouldn't be complete without my tale of seeing Mindless Self Indulgence when I was 26. The kids in my part of the audience tried to form a mosh pit around me a few times before they finally realized it wasn't a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #63429
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I have cuddles. I'm happy.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #63430
PrincessKaori87
Caffeine addict

My baby's growing up so fast. She's starting school in the Fall. What will I do with all that free time? I guess I can get a job somewhere...Only problem with that is I'll have to keep getting rides from people until I can learn how to drive myself.

Me on Twitter
Me on deviantART
Me on Facebook
PrincessKaori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #63431
J-Mirakuru
~*Mirakuru*~

I may be late on this trending song but Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding is currently my 'power' song.

ee-eee-eee-eee-eee...

WORKING ON: 2-Star Goku Uniform Mako; Kill la Kill, Princess Agitha; Legend of Zelda: TP
HISTORY: Maka Albarn; Soul Eater, Anarchy Stocking; P&SwG, Imp Midna; LoZ Twilight Princess, Megpoid Gumi; Vocaloid, Medli; Legend of Zelda Wind Waker, Asuna Yuuki; Sword Art Online
Quote:
Kōhai. Her name is now Kōhai.
J-Mirakuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #63432
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Brando got the new lease, it's a red Ford Fusion:

IT HAS HEATED SEATS. OMG. my butt is warrrm
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #63433
TeaForThought
Knows nothing

Totally unrelated but...I think I love this show. It made my night.

King of the Nerds is fantastic.
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #63434
Lithium Flower
Handphones

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaForThought View Post
Totally unrelated but...I think I love this show. It made my night.

King of the Nerds is fantastic.
I heard Yaya Han is going to be on that.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #63435
TeaForThought
Knows nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium Flower View Post
I heard Yaya Han is going to be on that.

Not to worry...she was only judging. You don't get to hear full critiques so...no heads rolled.