Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 02-07-2018, 05:17 PM   #88036
Zoeyromanov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiagirl View Post
Its my birthday, and my former bff still hasn't texted or called me like they have every other year. They never responded to my last text I sent them around New Years, and they seemed kind of fed up with me the last time they were over because, "I never want to go out and do anything". I am a homebody by nature; but I did take them out for meals (I paid for both of us), offered to go out to see a movie (they turned that down), and let myself get dragged window shopping at several stores (which I hate, but I was trying to be a good hostess). Their idea of a good time since they turned 21 has been "go out to all the bars, get rip roaring drunk, and try to pick up a boyfriend". I don't drink, have no interest in dating, and am not about to bring a drunk friend home since I still live with my family. The plan in having them over was watch some movies, play some games, and alternate meals between home cooking and some nice local places. Apparently that's too boring for them, but I'm not sure how else I'm supposed to entertain them without large amounts of liquor or partying involved. I feel like the only thing we have in common anymore is that we both like anime, but unfortunately I don't think that's going to be enough to hold this friendship together. So I have basically no friends now, which stinks.

Trying to look on the bright side, my brother got me steins gate which I heard is supposed to be a pretty good VN, and my dad took me to the bookstore where I picked out out several books. They had a "blind date with a book" special for valentines day, where for $2 you pick out a book based on a 2-3 sentence description. I got three blind date books; "game of thrones but without dragons," "funny but will make you think," and "philosophy, but it's the stories of my neighbors that really interest me". I haven't actually opened the packaging yet to see their actual titles, but I'm hoping they'll be good. I also bought myself Mannequin (which is a character generator for Visual Novels) since it was on sale for $4.99 (it's normally $20) so maybe I can finally put a VN together now since I'll be able to get several characters in the same art style for cheap (and with multiple poses/outfits!) . And I have tomorrow off so I can sleep in and then either continue working on my costumes, or hit the plus sized clothing store to try and find something nice to cheer myself up a bit. I have coupons for 40% off there and 50% off at Joanns, so I'm bound to find something I like at one of them.
First, Happy Birthday :>
Second, I have found out who my real friends are, and I'm sure you will too. If you try to patch things up with your friend but she (?) won't try to settle down or give you a try then it's not for real. Trust me, I've been there. You mentioned the text situation and if she's ignoring you then it seems they have no interest unfortunately.
I know that sounds easy to say from my perspective, but again I've been there. I only have 3 close friends who legit enjoy my company; and really that's all I need.
I personally only give my time who deserve it. I'm polite to everyone else, but for everyone else I don't really worry about.
I'd go with spoiling yourself (hehe) to perk yourself up. I do it too.
--
I was freezing this morning! And it was snowing today too, so I put on my usual hat, gloves and scarf. But what made it worse is I missed my bus (which I kinda figured...) so I had to wait 20 minutes for the next one, yet I see the one going North coming every 5 minutes! >_>
My feet got the worst of the weather but I'm ok after getting myself something warm (yay coffee!).
When I was on my way from school for my eye exam so I could (finally) get my new glasses and half the snow melted as if nothing happened -_-'
But anywho, I got my new glasses so there's that ^^

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
TBD

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too." -- Wonder Woman, Justice League War

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
BIRD POWER!

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 02-07-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Zoeyromanov is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2018, 01:35 PM   #88037
Respawning

I have bitten the bullet and applied for 2 different programs to go back to school. One is shorter, but the other I'm actually more interested in (though I need to upgrade a course). Here's to hoping I get accepted into one of them so I can restart my working life post babies.

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC, Ciri
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel, DC Bombshells Batwoman, Art Nouveau mermaid, Felmmigan (Morrigan/Flemeth) Dragon Age
Working on: ??

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2018, 03:03 PM   #88038
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Waitlisted for Anime North Crafter's corner... this is honestly more annoying than a straight-up rejection, because I'll have no idea how likely I am to actually get in and so also no idea if it's worth massively increasing and making all the stock I'd need. Fortunately I'm still restocking my stuff from Genrecon and I wanted to make a few new items anyway, so I can stop worrying too hard until sometime in late March. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2018, 06:23 PM   #88039
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

Came down with a nasty flu on Wednesday; started feeling ill in the middle of my shift and debated about just going home around lunch time, but decided to tough it out due our company's shitty sick day policy (even a doctor's note means nothing to them). It was a mistake, I was freezing to the point of wearing my coat all throughout the rest of my shift, and by the last two hours I couldn't stand up for more than a few minutes without needing to sit. Woke up at 10 AM the next day and called in sick, by one I felt slightly better, and by the time 6 PM rolled around I was pretty much back to normal.

So being that I had an extra day to relax due to the call in (albeit half of it was spent in bed) I decided to try and be productive today. I went to the bank to try and open up an IRA, but they were booked up and I can't get one set up until at least a week from now. I went through all the coupons, sorting them by expiration date and throwing out the ones that had expired. Tried to do a bit of jump rope in the backyard and found out I am way more out of shape than I thought I was, but at least I got some exercise in for once. Also made a start on my taxes but there is one part that I find very confusing and am probably going to have to dedicate a couple hours to pouring through.

And my elf ears and hair extensions arrived today, so I think I'll try putting my Zelda look together after I get these stupid taxes done. I'm hoping to still get a refund like previous years despite the confusing extra sections I have to fill out this time, so that should pay for my hotel room.

Conventions Attended:

Anime Detour 2012
Geek.kon 2012, 2013, & 2016
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
Anime Midwest 2018
(Nov) Daisho Con 2018

Current Cosplays: Sheena Fujibayashi (young/successor version)

Upcoming Cosplays: Team Magma Grunt, White Mage, Suzu Fujibayashi

Future Cosplay Series: Naruto Shippuden, SSB4, Shadowverse, Smite, Final Fantasy, Tales of, Inuyasha, Pokémon

Last edited by Chiagirl : 08-11-2018 at 09:24 PM.
Chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2018, 03:23 AM   #88040
Waifu Beam
emiya plz

After pulling consecutive days of 10hr shifts, I finally had time this evening to actually sit down and play more Fire Emblem: Echoes. I also made the mistake of buying Yakuza Kiwami at Gamestop on Monday even though I have way too many games in my backlog. I keep telling myself I'll actually finish other games and clear out my backlog but I know that's never gonna happen realistically LOL.
Waifu Beam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2018, 06:47 PM   #88041
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.

Learned the hard way not to try and catch stuff falling off my desk.

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2018, 07:15 PM   #88042
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

I wish somebody had told me sooner that if you're 24+ you're considered an independent for FAFSA purposes. I've put off getting a bachelor's for years because I couldn't afford to go back, and just happened to stumble across this bit of information on the internet by chance. Then I had to wait until after I got my taxes done before starting...only to find out they now use your previous year's filed return instead of the current one, so I waited for nothing. And for some reason the majority of Universities have their submissions deadlines December - February (I remember it being more like March-April) so I've missed the deadline for pretty much anything that's not a technical college. So it's either wait till the 2019 spring semester and get that much closing to losing my parent's health insurance when I hit age 26, or try and find a technical program to get into this semester so I can have a better job with good insurance by the time that happens. And all these colleges asking for the date I started high school, took the ACT/SAT, and started college is ridiculous; it was over half a dozen years ago, I don't remember anymore. Not to mention needing recommendation letters from teachers when I don't even live in the same city anymore. And all the application fees...UGH.

Conventions Attended:

Anime Detour 2012
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
Anime Midwest 2018
(Nov) Daisho Con 2018

Future Cosplay Series: Naruto Shippuden, SSB4, Shadowverse, Smite, Final Fantasy, Tales of, Inuyasha, Pokémon
Unread 04-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #88043
Zoeyromanov

Damn, what's up with the weather today? First bright and sunny, but windy, next thing y'know it's snowing o.o'

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
TBD

Follow me:

Quote:
BIRD POWER!
Unread 04-05-2018, 07:12 AM   #88044
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

Holy geez I've been exhausted lately. The last two nights I've slept 10+ hours and I'm still tired. (Granted, I've also been running myself into the ground with all the other things I'm doing, but...)
  • Lapis Lazuli (Houseki no Kuni) : ??% (Wig Styling) Late Spring 2018
  • Gym Uniform Todoroki (BNHA): ??% (Planning) Summer 2018
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2018, 04:46 PM   #88045
Sea Maiden

Had an eye appointment the other day and was fitted so I can start wearing contact lenses. It took many, many attempts to have them put in, aha, but hopefully I can get the hang of it on my own soon. Also picked up my new glasses!

{ ~ Work in Progress ~ }
Princess Eilonwy, The Black Cauldron (Commissioned)

{ ~ Upcoming Cosplays ~ }
Anya ("Journey to the Past"), Anastasia
Anya ("Once Upon a December"), Anastasia
Rose DeWitt Bukater ("Sinking"), Titanic
Sea Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2018, 04:37 PM   #88046
Zoeyromanov

Today was my last day of school -- Ever. Finally. I'm just going to decompress after four years of hell for the summer (man, if it weren't for my friends I wouldn't even know what to do) and then I'll start thinking of what my plan will be.

Edit:

Oh man, I was about log off my computer to go do homework and I realized...I have no more homework...blah it'll take some time for the weekly school schedule mentality to wear off.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
TBD

Follow me:

Quote:
BIRD POWER!

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 04-27-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Unread 05-01-2018, 05:48 AM   #88047
KitoCosplay
Best chin on Cosplay.com

Just needed to see my sig for a moment
KitoCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2018, 06:50 PM   #88048
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

Lots of stuff happened this weekend. I had taken this Friday off awhile back for college orientation purposes, but seeing as none of the colleges would give me enough financial aid to get my out of pocket cost down to my EFC or lower (even with loans, which I don't want anyway) that got scrapped. So I ended up doing a much needed grocery trip instead. Saturday I went to a local Ren Fair and did some more work on my Suzu gloves. Smite also had a gem storm event going on this weekend, which was kind of ironic since their forums were down the whole time. Sunday our cat that we've had since I was in elementary school passed away from a heart attack. She would have been 16 in November. And Monday I ended up staying at work over an hour late because our scheduling department is made up of idiots. But it looks like I'll get my gloves and scarf done in time for the con at least, so that's a plus.

Conventions Attended:

Anime Detour 2012
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
Anime Midwest 2018
(Nov) Daisho Con 2018

Unread 05-22-2018, 02:10 AM   #88049
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Oh wow glad to see this old thread still running haha !

Been home for some medical things the past few months. Chillin' yknow ?
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2018, 05:11 PM   #88050
Zoeyromanov

I've been out of school for almost two, three months now. Well, actually I'm done school, period and my plan for right now is to take the summer off just to relax and when fall comes, to start looking for work...which brings me to my point.
I feel like I'm in a bit of a work limbo right now (if you can call it that). As I said, I'm finished school and taking it easy before moving into a new phase of life. I'm honestly not sure what I want to do, or where I want to work. I mean, I have ideas in my head and whatnot, and I've spent four years in an art program so obviously it'd be practical to be pursuing something in the art field but unfortunately you don't automatically launch yourself in it (if only it did work like that, then we'd all be set and that's the whole point of spending money on learning something...).
Like, I have an interest in photography, being a wig commissioner, even working for Arda (thoose might be a long shot...but who knows?) working at a card shop so it's not like I literally have nowhere to look. I guess the reasons why I feel like I'm caught in between is because of previous ideas I had in mind never came to fruition, despite numerous attempts on my own account (and in retrospect glad that some of them never did). So I feel like I'm starting over again, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but because I do have to restart I don't know were to begin. Back on the art thing, I do post fan art and do fan art just to practice drawing digitally (which I'm actually better at than traditional) to keep my brain stimulated.
I know probably shouldn't be, but I am very selective on where I'd like to work as well because I feel like you should be considering carefully where you'll end up. I guess along as I do something, and not being at home and not doing anything obviously is better. And this is a bit ironic too, because I know several people I know who have jobs and it's kinda rubbing off on me to do the same. I definitely don't want a repeat of the last time I took time off, that's for sure. I guess once I officially do some job hunting and maybe get some tips from friends maybe it'll be clearer. And I'd be lying if this wasn't on my mind. Usually things that are on my mind that either make me worry, or uncomfortable ends up working itself out. So I'm hoping I luck out again.

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
TBD

Follow me:

Quote:
BIRD POWER!

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 05-29-2018 at 02:26 PM.