Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 10-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #1381
ayaasan

Freaking awesome!! (I'm sure Tulipe is getting excited about your progress, too ^.^)

And I just need some finishing stitches and Alice is DONE!! Yay!!
I think I'll celebrate by working on something not sewing related--my Ice Queen crown and necklace--the weather is perfect for drying the glue layers

EDIT: further "progress" of sorts-- I just bought the matching hair bun for Lillian's wig, since it needed more "ooomph," and then I ordered the bottom hem fabric for my Park's inspired Merida. I also finally found the Celtic knot pattern that they used in the park for Merida's belt!! I printed out six copies of the knot, and will iron-on transfer them onto an existing belt

Last edited by ayaasan : 10-09-2012 at 02:34 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #1382
Kagallie
Princess

/late to the party.

So I just moved to San Diego-ish (Vista)

And am looking for people to hang out with. It's just me and my boyfriend out here and we need more friends.

ALL THE FRIENDS.
Kagallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #1383
ayaasan

Hello, Kagallie! Very nice to meet ya

I'm currently chomping at the bit--my Alice wig should be here tomorrow, and my Lillian hair bun by Friday *eee* I need to get crackin' on Ice Queen, and then I'll get to work on Snow and Lillian. Once the fabric arrives, I just need to sew the Celtic knot pattern on Merida. A little over five months to go until Wonder Con!~~ And 4/5 costumes are Disney or Disney related 0.o (I wasn't even aware of this until I tallied everything up!)

And I went shopping today, and the Disney store had a LOTTIE doll!! YAY! (You know I'm a Disney fanatic when I still collect dolls and plush from the Disney Store, lol)
Unread 10-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #1384
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Welcome Kagallie! What do you and your boyfriend cosplay from?

Ayaasan: Haha yeah, she's happy that I'm finally making progress xD Hopefully it'll be semi done by the 27th (for the annual Halloween party I go to.)

and I won't be working on anything today because it's my nephew's birthday! He's turning 5! And usually we celebrate his birthday with his sister's (next month) but me and my siblings decided to throw him a small surprise birthday party

W.I.P:
Aurora 60th anniversary - Disney
Princess Deku - Drifiting by Stars art
Steampunk Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug
Super Sailor Chibi Moon - Sailor Moon
Female Kylo Ren

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 10-10-2012 at 07:31 PM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 09:23 PM   #1385
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Guys I think my roommates are trying to kill me. I've been back a month- we have yet to go to the grocery store. There is no food, I keep bugging them and then one disappears or never shows up and I'm like dying here trying to make a sandwich out of nutella and bread crusts. Like seriously if you never hear from me again you know why.

And yes, I'm very excited to see Sailor Mercury progress! :]

Sewing-wise my dress just needs the skirt part attached. I started working on it but then messed up the skirt gathering and it was dark and I just didn't want to anymore. SO- if I finish my homework on time I should have a skirt done. Woo. Then I just need the boning and to add a zipper.

Those of you who have done boning, what do you usually use to erm.. Cut the boning? I mean it's not super thick but yeah I don't know.

And greetings Kagallie

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 10-10-2012 at 09:27 PM.
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #1386
Kagallie
Princess

thanks for the welcome everyone!!

I cosplay from comics and games usually. Now and then I'll throw in an anime like Vampire princess miyu and my next one will be BlackRose from .hack//versus. weee~

I'm so excited >w<
Unread 10-10-2012, 10:03 PM   #1387
ayaasan

To cut plastic boning, I just use a pair of cheaper scissors. As in, not your nice sewing scissors :P For spiral steel boning, wire cutters do the trick.

@Tulipe: Is there nowhere nearby/walking distance/public transit access to buy groceries? 0.o I'd start bugging for care packages--I used to celebrate when I got them in college :P If there's a food stealing issue, get healthy items that aren't perishable to stow away, like those awesome tuna packs from Target or multi-grain granola bars. (Cliff bars also rock for a pick-me-up!~)

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see your post Kagallie! That sounds awesome! I, too, mostly cosplay from comics, (And American media in general) and Disney seems to have massively snuck up on me this round of costumes, lol. Planning on any conventions? I'm always on the lookout for con buddies :3

Last edited by ayaasan : 10-10-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Unread 10-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #1388
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: Thanks! I have some cheap scissors lying around. I knew I didn't want to do it with my sewing scissors- even if they aren't that nice. But I didn't know if there was some specific type to make it work. Didn't want to like, somehow make it explode or something because that sounds like something I'd end up doing.
Well, there is a place nearby to buy groceries but we've been planning to go all together for weeks now and then people disappear. And I can only carry so much by myself and then since I don't work this semester I can't spend that much on my own. D: And my mother doesn't send care packages unless it's a holiday. I think I will try to get some Cliff bar like things, if only so I have something to travel with when I go to class.

@Kagallie: Cool, I'm getting into more comic cosplays now myself. Thanks to everyone here, actually. Which conventions do you attend/ plan to attend now that you're in the SD area?
Unread 10-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #1389
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Tulipe: Oh noooooo! Don't die on me now Venus! :O I still need you to take down both Moon and Jupiter! >:3

I'll work on more Sailor stuff tomorrow!

Kagallie: Yay for BlackRose!

and here is the "unlucky" nephew whose Aunts' and Uncle would do this to him xD
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 10-11-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Unread 10-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #1390
Jonowxeno
Photog

@Kagallie - Welcome! Vista is a bit further north than the people that regulary post here (me, ayaasan, Tulipe, Link basically), but there are decent amount of people in the Escondido area. Do you have a FB? I can invite you to the monthly gatherings.

And hey to everyone else, I've kinda been busy lol... And will be at a certain con tomorrow and saturday....

@Tulipe: Nooooo, feed yourself!
I hear Darryl is going to Hawaii! Make him buy you food lol...
Flickr, Facebook, DA
Jonowxeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #1391
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Jono: Teehee, are you going to Yaoi-con? xD
And I'll try to feed myself, and yes Darryl is coming for a visit but I don't think he'll be buying any food.

Link: I'll do my best not to die. But so hungry. D:

Annnnd I have night class today.

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 10-11-2012 at 05:36 PM.
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #1392
Kagallie
Princess

Jonowxeno: I do have facebook!

Everyones welcome to add me as well.

https://www.facebook.com/kagallie
Unread 10-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #1393
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Heheh Jono is going to Yaoi-Con xD

Tulipe: I need you alive!!!! And boo night classes. :P

Kagallie: I added you! I'll invite you to gatherings as well just in case usually they are head at Seaport Village or Balboa Park

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren
Unread 10-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #1394
ayaasan

Wig spam, warning ahead of time! :P

Huzzah! I got my Lillian hair bun today, so I styled the wig up and I'm so happy with how I can do up-do's now :3

I also finished styling Snow's wig!

And Alice wig arrived today, but I want to get a picture of everything together on my next day off It's soooo pretty, though!! Perfect color, super soft, and I just run my fingers through it to get rid of tangles!!~

YAY! *dances with new Alice wig on*
Unread 10-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #1395
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Oh my I love your wigs!!! Especially the Lillian wig! If I ever need help with up do's would you be kind enough to help? xD I'm sooo excited to see your Alice wig!! I loved the way my wigs feel, so soft! x3

Well the theme for my niece's and nephew's birthday is 50's or more like Grease, so I gotta make myself a 50's poodle skirt

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren