Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Unread 02-23-2017, 03:40 AM   #1
Xion_Farron
Simple And Clean Cosplay

Unhappy Replacement Kingdom Hearts Gathering?

So, I've just been reminded that the Kingdom Hearts gathering for AX 2017 has been cancelled. I'm sure the original host had a good reason but I'm sad about it being cancelled. KH is always a pretty fun gathering so it's a shame that as of now, we won't be having one at AX this year.

That being said, I'm wondering if any KH fan/cosplayer would be interested in hosting a replacement with me.
I ask for help cuz I am definitely not the leader type. I'm really shy and awkward and don't have a loud voice for calling out direction and stuff like that. But I really want this gathering to happen and I know a lot of other cosplayers do too.

Also, if we do this, what day/time? Currently the only gathering I'm planning to go to is Final Fantasy on day 3 at 12pm. But even that is unconfirmed atm according to the official list.

Current Planned Cosplay Projects:
Updating Lightning Farron (Final Fantasy XIII)
Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)
Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII)
Candela (PokemonGO)

Convention Plans:
Anime Expo 2017 - July 1-4
Xion_Farron is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-18-2017, 03:29 AM   #2
tinychibikitty

Has it really been canceled?
I actually kinda hosted two years ago but I don't want to do it again. I am also not a leader but nobody wanted to host it. I was lucky that someone else co-hosted and was loud. I'm pretty sure if you need any help hosting, those that want to go the gathering will help out.
tinychibikitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 03:40 AM   #3
moonlight53

hopefully it does get replaced, and falls on the day of th final fantasy gathering since it would make sense for it to fall that day. but know nothing about hosting or would totally be down to host. either way working on aqua and hopes that it falls on that day
moonlight53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2017, 08:33 PM   #4
thesupremequeen
Supreme Queen Cosplay

I was supposed to one of the 3 cohosts this year but they both cancelled without telling me. I'm willing to host it but I'd kinda like some help. I sorta co-hosted impromptu last year and thats my entire gathering hosting experience (I was the Xion if people were there last year)
Rey (Star Wars)
thesupremequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2017, 07:22 PM   #5
gokotai
appreciator of sword boys

So, any updates, is this happening? It's the 15th anniversary this year, I was hoping to celebrate with fans :'(

Next events:
Kingdom Hearts -World Tour- (Los Angeles)
Anime Expo 2017 (Hosting Touken Ranbu gathering on Day 2!!)
D23 2017
gokotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2017, 03:54 PM   #6
thesupremequeen
Supreme Queen Cosplay

again, I'm willing to host, but I'd really like so help because I've never really done it before
Rey (Star Wars)
thesupremequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2017, 04:52 PM   #7
gokotai
appreciator of sword boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesupremequeen View Post
again, I'm willing to host, but I'd really like so help because I've never really done it before
I've never done it before either... This Touken Ranbu gathering I'm hosting on Day 2 will be the first I've ever done -- in fact the only reason I was willing to step up is because it's a (comparatively) tiny fandom. I can be there to help back you up (if you'll have me), but I'm afraid I won't be much help on the experience side.

Maybe you could ask on another site, like the Anime Expo fan group on Facebook? There are more active people there, and more than enough KH fans.

Next events:
Kingdom Hearts -World Tour- (Los Angeles)
Anime Expo 2017 (Hosting Touken Ranbu gathering on Day 2!!)
D23 2017
gokotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2017, 09:26 PM   #8
Xion_Farron
Simple And Clean Cosplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesupremequeen View Post
I was supposed to one of the 3 cohosts this year but they both cancelled without telling me. I'm willing to host it but I'd kinda like some help. I sorta co-hosted impromptu last year and thats my entire gathering hosting experience (I was the Xion if people were there last year)
So sorry I've been so quiet on my own thread! I haven't been getting the subscription emails about replies so I thought no one was replying. DX
I'd still love to do it but I've literally never hosted a gathering before in my life and I'm not exactly loud. Haha! But if I am not the only one willing to host, I'm definitely willing to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlight53 View Post
hopefully it does get replaced, and falls on the day of th final fantasy gathering since it would make sense for it to fall that day. but know nothing about hosting or would totally be down to host. either way working on aqua and hopes that it falls on that day
I am going to the Final Fantasy gathering as well and would rather not have to cosplay for 2 different gatherings in one day. Especially if I'm helping host one of said gatherings. If they're like hours apart, I could make it work... It's just, like I said I'd rather not have to use 2 different cosplays in one day.

Current Planned Cosplay Projects:
Updating Lightning Farron (Final Fantasy XIII)
Fang (Final Fantasy XIII)
Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII)
Candela (PokemonGO)

Convention Plans:
Anime Expo 2017 - July 1-4
Xion_Farron is offline   Reply With Quote