Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-12-2013, 01:59 AM   #1
suka92

hotel stuffing

alright I will start by saying I do my best to follow all th rules at conventions...I booked a room for 4 people and those have already confirmed they are going then my little sister told me she just bought her ticket and wants to stay with me. I emailed the hotel to see if I could get a rollaway but they said it wouldnt fit (ive been at this hotel before i'm pretty sure if they removed the chair itd fit). either way I feel guilty trying to figure out a way to get 5 people in the room without us getting kicked out or banned or something...should I just tell her she cant stay with me or is one extra person not that big a deal?

please don't just tell me I'm awful for considering breaking the rules
suka92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-12-2013, 05:56 AM   #2
Randommerade
Princess of Heart

If the hotel won't allow it, they won't allow it. Seems like your sister has to skip out this time. Don't feel guilty, that's just the way it is.
Navi (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Kairi (Kingdom Hearts II)
Planned Cosplays
Oerba Dia Vanille (Final Fantasy 13)
Luka (Just Be Friends)
Firefox (Mozilla Firefox Internet Browser)
Lone Wanderer (Fallout 3) **Not Confirmed**
Randommerade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

You're only trying to put one more person in, that's not really rule breaking compared to say, eight people in a four-person room and four of them not on the registry. I'd call the hotel again and try again, as I've found that responses can REALLY depend on who's on the phone for the day. If still no, then I wouldn't risk trying to sneak her in, as getting caught can result in being kicked out. If the hotel block isn't already full, maybe try switching to two three-person rooms?
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Honestly, ask the hotel and tell them the situation. Is she considered a "child"? Like not yet a teenager? Usually in those cases they don't actually mind. But they totally won't remove the chair just to put a cot in there. I've tried that one..most the people I go with don't like sharing beds, but they won't remove the chair for me for room for 2 people not on beds.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #5
suka92

She turned 13 so as of this year shell officially be a teen, shes tiny so i know i can squeeze her into the bed
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #6
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

If she still looks really kiddish, you could try to book her in as a child. Some hotels are a little more lenient on more than say, two kids and two adults, or four adults but one kid, since they don't take up so much space.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #7
Kildread
I can fix it!

People room-stuff at nearly every con --- but the logistics, responsibilities and risks of room-stuffing are yours, the hotel rarely ever 'OK's anything of the like.

You need to figure out how everyone will get to sleep, you need to figure out how to handle the extra person keycard access (You won't get a 5th keycard). I've stayed in hotel rooms at 5~7 people several times, haven't been kicked out or gotten in trouble --- doesn't mean you couldn't.
Kildread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:30 PM   #8
belligerent
Viking Metal

The hotel won't like it if they find out but you will not be the worst offender, trust me.

It's rare that I room with fewer than six other people but I also don't book the rooms.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Nephrite
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #9
Lithium Flower
Handphones

We usually have two people in a bed, two on a pull out, and around 4 on the floor.

You'll make due. Just snuggle close.
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #10
Ilafatyu
That guy

Yeah, hotels have to expect stuffed rooms at a convention. Technically it's not allowed, but so long as you don't make a ton of noise at 1 in the morning nobody will even notice. Especially if you're in the con block. Believe everyone here when they say there's always worse going on.

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #11
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

In fact, at the last con, we had 5 people in the CON hotel..They never even knew..If you don't think it's a good idea, then go with your gut, but it's not like they go up and go to each room and go "how many people are in here!!" lol But even then, usually a con is totally kool with it if you ask like I mentioned above. it wouldn't hurt to give then a call and just ask.
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #12
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

One more person is practically nothing. Just be prepared to share key cards, and have your sister hang back at check in.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
belligerent
Viking Metal

If you have a lot of people in the room it's a good idea to make it look like there is an acceptable amount (ie, don't leave sleeping bags everywhere during the day) if you require housekeeping.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki, Denmark
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Nephrite
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #14
suka92

Thank you everyone for your honest opinions rather than just telling me that I must obey *.*
Unread 11-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #15
ClickClackBang

I don't think it should be a problem. I had people crash at my hotel room before so it's really no big deal IMO. Just make sure you don't make too much noise or do anything stupid. I had friends that were being way too loud in their room and caused the neighbors to complain.

The only time I know of anyone getting banned was when my friends roommate threw stuff into the pool from his room. Needless to say if you do stupid things like that of course you'll be banned.
ClickClackBang is offline   Reply With Quote