Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Expo

Unread 11-28-2017, 01:34 AM   #8071
benignthespian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
The people whining now should've planned ahead, especially if they were the ones saying that to the people complaining about the lines to get in being too long. AX not running a Black Friday sale, or in this case, not making as many badges available at the Black Friday rate, was entirely predictable, given how few conventions have such offers. On the other hand, lines being in excess of 2 hours long was not something a reasonable person would've expected; most conventions don't exceed 90 minutes.
Even for people that did plan ahead and wait until 12AM for the Black Friday sale got screwed over because of the way the website functioned. Badges got put in carts and made "unavailable", and then sold out after about an hour and change, in which time most people didn't even have access to it. I'm just saying if they're going to run a sale it should probably be more effective than that.

Unread 11-28-2017, 05:01 PM   #8072
monodistortion

I was able to get my Black Friday ticket right at midnight but judging from the AX Twitter the available tickets sold out in about 10-15 minutes. I was already logged into Eventbrite and on the page when they went on sale. They did announce the sale tickets would be limited.
http://www.anime-expo.org/2017/11/14...tails-ax-2018/

I remember last year they were limited and sold out before the day was over, but not that fast.

We'll see how this year goes. As a photographer I spend the majority of the time outside which you don't even need a badge for. It is convenient to be able to go inside to find people or use the bathroom.
monodistortion is offline   Reply With Quote