Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 08-19-2011, 12:07 PM   #41551
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
I'm having the exact opposite problem, unfortunately... you can have my cosplay-related motivation, haha? ...
YES PLEASE!!!

If you can figure out a way to transfer it, I'll take it! XD I have about 893472095709 costumes planned for next year, and I know if I don't get started on them soon, I'll have to give up a couple of them =/ Besides I miss sewing, I just can't get myself started =(

Upcoming Conventions

Anime Matsuri
Friday: Usagi's High School Uniform Saturday: Prisoner Usagi Sunday: Usagi's Junior High School Uniform

Sakuracon
Friday: Nico Robin from One Piece Saturday: Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Sunday: Chii from Chobits

Plus: A-Kon, Anime EXPO, Sailor Moon Con, AnimeFEST, & ANT
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #41552
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly026 View Post
Anyway... meet up on Sunday... I want to wear my England cosplay.. but, we set a "super casual cosplay only" rule.
And I have to make the belt still... so.. I guess casual England it is XD
I hate it when that happens~! I'm in the opposite issue. Theres a cosplay gathering tomorrow thats NOT casual. But all I have is casual or Childrens Day France (and its at a beach, so why the FUCK would it not be casual!?). So instead, I shall be going to the thrift store today and buying stuff to complete Davesprite, though minus the wings since I haven't made them yet XD;; Not sure anyone will mind.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #41553
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Going to see a cosplay friend that lives just over 3 hours away from me.. doesn't seem like much, but when you're travelling a long distance for the first time on your own, does seem like long! Also, I got to go through London and the underground to get to her house which is a county just above London.
I really do hope I don't get lost D:

Bringing my Hanon cosplay along so I can help her with her Luchia's! Like a mini-cosplay-making party! :3
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 12:29 PM   #41554
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

My Minako wig has been styled into submission! Took long enough. >_> I just hope it'll look fine for the whole weekend but I am taking my styling stuff just in case. Now the question is how to get it from New Jersey to Canada without messing it up.

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #41555
Kiichigo

Yay ~ My cosplay partner/class mate/awesome friend came home with me today and I got a lot done~ We cut out the sticks we need for our pokemon props and I started cutting out fabric for my prop Plus I did some progress on the main body of Gyarados, as well as started on the beading

PLUS - I bought my Jade wig I can't wait to start cosplaying her! I love the Homestuck fandom in Denmark and hanging out with them in-character will be great <3
Kiichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #41556
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelai View Post
I hate it when that happens~! I'm in the opposite issue. Theres a cosplay gathering tomorrow thats NOT casual. But all I have is casual or Childrens Day France (and its at a beach, so why the FUCK would it not be casual!?). So instead, I shall be going to the thrift store today and buying stuff to complete Davesprite, though minus the wings since I haven't made them yet XD;; Not sure anyone will mind.
Oh rules, so necessary, yet so aggravating.

And I've recently been wondering whether I should have bought brown boots instead of black for England.
But I already threw away the receipt for the boots I already bought, so... oh well.
Unread 08-19-2011, 02:09 PM   #41557
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

The hat is here.....and I think my head dome thingies are too big. Crap. And where are my shoes?! C'mon UPS. It's a sad day when USPS beats you, especially when I ordered your stuff the day before.

Also got a new Monster High doll today....I will NOT cosplay her. I will NOT cosplay her. I will NOT cosplay her...............
Unread 08-19-2011, 02:39 PM   #41558
StarsOfCassiopeia
Engineer at Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Moon View Post
YES PLEASE!!!

If you can figure out a way to transfer it, I'll take it! XD I have about 893472095709 costumes planned for next year, and I know if I don't get started on them soon, I'll have to give up a couple of them =/ Besides I miss sewing, I just can't get myself started =(
METHOD 1: TELEPATHY

I will just concentrate on your username and icon, and somehow, the motivation to work will magically be transferred and be put to good use!

(Tell me if it works! )

I miss sewing too, I know what you mean. x.x (Still lacking appropriate fabric though, pfffff.) I'm thinking about trying to see if I can do some artisan craft projects (like Trucy's top hat). I might have leftover cardboard that could function as a base?
  • Lapis Lazuli (Houseki no Kuni) : ??% (Wig Styling) Late Spring 2018
  • Gym Uniform Todoroki (BNHA): ??% (Planning) Summer 2018
DeviantART // Tumblr // Facebook // Instagram // YouTube
StarsOfCassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #41559
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

finding parts and the right fabric for upcoming panty cosplay isnt as quick as i thought. I hope i finish by next July
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #41560
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

SHOOOESSS!!! You are here! You are so pretty! But you need inserts because your soles are hard as concrete. But this means I can finally start on the skirt! I may start tomorrow or on Sunday when I can use the whole day to cut and sew. I might do that; use tomorrow to clean up the table and floor, then actually sew on Sunday. And no one gives a crap about what I'm doing, so why am I still typing? Booooo..............
Unread 08-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #41561
MothMask
lumpy astronaut

Well, at least I know why our cosplays weren't shipped. The guy cancelled our order, then went back to his site and upped the prices on all the cosplays we ordered. Seriously? That's just screwed up.

Also, that wig has a little over a week to get here before International Cosplay Day. My mom's already given up on it. Oh well, looks like she'll be a dark grey haired Near :/

But hey, at least two out of three of our flags came. Now to wait for the third one... PLEEEASE COME BEFORE THE 27th ;___;

Meta Knight + Halberd walker || morning
Jirachi + star walker || afternoon
Lemongrab #3 + lemon walker || night
MothMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #41562
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsCASSiOPEiA View Post
METHOD 1: TELEPATHY

I will just concentrate on your username and icon, and somehow, the motivation to work will magically be transferred and be put to good use!

(Tell me if it works! )

I miss sewing too, I know what you mean. x.x (Still lacking appropriate fabric though, pfffff.) I'm thinking about trying to see if I can do some artisan craft projects (like Trucy's top hat). I might have leftover cardboard that could function as a base?
LOL, alrighty! I'll let you know if I receive your gift XD

I dk how well you'd be able to get the roundness you need for a top hat out of cardboard ... may I suggest poster board? More flexible, and still won't collapse from the light weight of fabric ... besides it comes in different thicknesses, so you can be picky =P

Upcoming Conventions

Anime Matsuri
Friday: Usagi's High School Uniform Saturday: Prisoner Usagi Sunday: Usagi's Junior High School Uniform

Sakuracon
Friday: Nico Robin from One Piece Saturday: Princess Aurora from Sleeping Beauty Sunday: Chii from Chobits

Plus: A-Kon, Anime EXPO, Sailor Moon Con, AnimeFEST, & ANT
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #41563
Gypsyangelf4i
Places to go,People to be

I have this growing suspicion that the mail man has my wig and is avoiding me :-/ There's no other reason why we wouldn't have gotten ANY mail today.
Unread 08-19-2011, 05:06 PM   #41564
BisectedBrioche
Selfie Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsyangelf4i View Post
I have this growing suspicion that the mail man has my wig and is avoiding me :-/ There's no other reason why we wouldn't have gotten ANY mail today.
Thank goodness I'm not the only one who starts suspecting that the postman's out to get them while I'm waiting....

To do; Dark Link (80%) Link (20%) Sheik (?)

Can't write, can't draw. Can code, a little.
BisectedBrioche is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #41565
Gypsyangelf4i
Places to go,People to be

^I picture him speeding past my mail box and laughing, like in one of those Chevy Chase type movies >

Edit: It's Funny Farm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xP75qj3nTU

Last edited by Gypsyangelf4i : 08-19-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Gypsyangelf4i is offline   Reply With Quote