Unread 03-30-2011, 11:58 PM   #33991
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiro-kuro View Post
That's gonna be awesome.
No, you're right, FABULOUS.
I wanna take tons of pictures with you ;w; Sorry if that sounds weird? >_<;;
Also, just a weird idea of mine, but maybe you could like, use red rhinestones or some kindof sparkly paint for Miku's 01? owo;; I thought that might be kindof cool... ^_^;;
Nah that sounds fun! xD I'm flattered. c: And omg dude, I was seriously JUST wondering what I should do about that. 8D I'll have to see what I can find. I wonder how I can use rhinestones on my skin. xD Is there any type of glue for that I wonder? .3. I really, really want to leave the default outfit intact otherwise I would totally put rhinestones all over it so I've been trying to think of other ways to jazz it up under a budget. Thanks a bunch for the suggestion! 8D <3

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #33992
IAmShorty
Proud to be a shorty!

I was washing one of my wigs and after I finished, I thought "Oh, yeah, need to quickly grab the wig head." So I hung it over out shower railing and ran to my room to get the wig head. But lo and behold, my wig head was already in use and could not be disturbed. *Insert freak out moment* So I picked up the first thing I could find, my teddy bear and a plastic bag and let it dry on there. My family thought it was rather amusing to see my teddy bear with a plastic bag over its head and a blonde wig on top. Ahh, good times.
IAmShorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2011, 12:09 AM   #33993
KittytheSheGeek
Geek Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmShorty View Post
I was washing one of my wigs and after I finished, I thought "Oh, yeah, need to quickly grab the wig head." So I hung it over out shower railing and ran to my room to get the wig head. But lo and behold, my wig head was already in use and could not be disturbed. *Insert freak out moment* So I picked up the first thing I could find, my teddy bear and a plastic bag and let it dry on there. My family thought it was rather amusing to see my teddy bear with a plastic bag over its head and a blonde wig on top. Ahh, good times.
Pics or it didn't happen...

[C|O|S|P|L|A|Y]
My anti-drug.
KittytheSheGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2011, 12:10 AM   #33994
shiro-kuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Nah that sounds fun! xD I'm flattered. c: And omg dude, I was seriously JUST wondering what I should do about that. 8D I'll have to see what I can find. I wonder how I can use rhinestones on my skin. xD Is there any type of glue for that I wonder? .3. I really, really want to leave the default outfit intact otherwise I would totally put rhinestones all over it so I've been trying to think of other ways to jazz it up under a budget. Thanks a bunch for the suggestion! 8D <3
Ah~ You're Welcome! ^w^
Well... Possible sock glue? I have some, I'm not sure it's strong enough but if it can hold up socks I'm sure rhinestones would work. You can usually buy it at Daiso for 1.50.
Also, Maybe just having a whole different shirt entirely? Either making one or hacking off sleeves of another, it might work?
It'd be covered with rhinestones, so even if it doesn't match everything else it might not be too noticeable, and you can probably get a cheap silver/gray dress shirt rather cheap, or silver/gray fabric and a pattern...?
I dunno... ^_^;;
shiro-kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2011, 12:14 AM   #33995
IAmShorty
Proud to be a shorty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyhrah View Post
Pics or it didn't happen...
It happened
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo on 2011-03-30 at 20.55.jpg (77.1 KB, 0 views)
IAmShorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2011, 12:16 AM   #33996
KittytheSheGeek
Geek Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmShorty View Post
It happened
Omg I love it!!

[C|O|S|P|L|A|Y]
My anti-drug.
KittytheSheGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2011, 12:28 AM   #33997
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Ah~ You're Welcome! ^w^
Well... Possible sock glue? I have some, I'm not sure it's strong enough but if it can hold up socks I'm sure rhinestones would work. You can usually buy it at Daiso for 1.50.
Also, Maybe just having a whole different shirt entirely? Either making one or hacking off sleeves of another, it might work?
It'd be covered with rhinestones, so even if it doesn't match everything else it might not be too noticeable, and you can probably get a cheap silver/gray dress shirt rather cheap, or silver/gray fabric and a pattern...?
I dunno... ^_^;;
Ohhh, good to know. Thanks again! c:

As for the outfit; I'd rather not cover the ENTIRE thing since that might look a little tacky (maybe just on say something like the blue on her skirt, the gold on the Vocaloid tag thing, etc), so I'm planning on seeing how things go this year and maybe in the future buying a used Miku cosplay or something if I can find one at a decent price and in my size and jazzing it up with rhinestone trim. c: I'm also on a very tight budget and because of college have severely limited time, so I'm really unable to go incredibly all out this year like I would like to. x-x;

2013 Cosplays
Unread 03-31-2011, 12:42 AM   #33998
shiro-kuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoredHeart View Post
Ohhh, good to know. Thanks again! c:

As for the outfit; I'd rather not cover the ENTIRE thing since that might look a little tacky (maybe just on say something like the blue on her skirt, the gold on the Vocaloid tag thing, etc), so I'm planning on seeing how things go this year and maybe in the future buying a used Miku cosplay or something if I can find one at a decent price and in my size and jazzing it up with rhinestone trim. c: I'm also on a very tight budget and because of college have severely limited time, so I'm really unable to go incredibly all out this year like I would like to. x-x;
Ah, sorry, I didn't mean like, all over... ^_^;;
Hmm... well, if they aren't too expensive, don't they have those like, rhinestone sticker thingys? I don't think they'd damage the cosplay or anything... They might come off a bit, but... idk xwx;;
shiro-kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2011, 12:53 AM   #33999
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Quote:
Ah, sorry, I didn't mean like, all over... ^_^;;
Hmm... well, if they aren't too expensive, don't they have those like, rhinestone sticker thingys? I don't think they'd damage the cosplay or anything... They might come off a bit, but... idk xwx;;
Oh xD; Cause that was my original idea at first until I realized that would take forever and look a bit tacky rofl.

I actually considered sticker things too, but I dunno... My cosplays are precious to me so I'd hate to mess with them at all, really. ._. I think the best, safest option would be two separate outfits. xD; I'll have to figure something out this summer after I find another job.

2013 Cosplays
Unread 03-31-2011, 01:58 AM   #34000
tsukie

....I really really really don't want to say this.....
But something cosplay related that I saw/happened to me really made me feel complicated.....and maybe disappointed.... I can't really explain or describe this feeling..... just complicated....

And..... right now I feel like I lose the passion for cosplay.....
I...... really want to give up now...........

.....I feel like throwing everything away......

Cosplay Working On:
Duchy!Prussia - 100%
Old Fritz - 80% (going to put this aside for now)
Fem!Prussia (canon) - 70% (just need coat)
Barnaby Brooks Jr. (from T&B) - 45%
tsukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2011, 02:12 AM   #34001
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukie View Post
But something cosplay related that I saw/happened to me really made me feel complicated.....and maybe disappointed.... I can't really explain or describe this feeling..... just complicated....

Don't give up!!! Everyone feels like this sometimes but it makes you a stronger personif you don't give in and get thru it!

(also I was looking forward to seeing your Austria cosplay....)
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2011, 02:13 AM   #34002
Firefly026
Everybody get dangerous

Quote:

OAO nooo!! *hugattack*
Don't give up!!! You're too awesome to give up!!!
Ineedaname is right!! Just hang in there!!
Unread 03-31-2011, 02:33 AM   #34003
Akemi Idane
Sew like a cosplayer.

My TimMasky jacket now exists.
8D
And my mum's picking up the pants tomorrow, so now all I have to do is...
Cut the wig and...
THE MASK.
Hssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Planned Cosplays:
Kumoricon 2011
Eridan Ampora - Homestuck - 0%
Neuro - Majin Tantei Nogami Neuro - 0%
Gumi - Matroyshka - 0%
Akemi Idane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2011, 02:45 AM   #34004
akaisha0
Mmm...waffles.

After a post like tsukie's my problem feels irrelevent ;_; Feel better hun! I think we're all faced with the trials of keeping up this lifestyle sometimes.

Well..my now irrelevent thoughts are..I'm cosplaying Ellis from the original PSX Battle Arena Toshinden game and my base wig for it and Katie Bair's new wig book both came on the same day (today). I ordered this wig off the cosplay.com marketplace thinking it'd be perfect. It had full bangs but I thought that would be okay, I could still part them like I needed to for Ellis's design..it'd even save me a step! I was so excited for the wig book I sat down for 12 hours straight to read it cover to cover. I came across a little tidbit she mentions in passing about not being able to really part bangs that are predone in a wig..my jaw dropped to the floor, I hadn't thought of that. She mentions the mesh will show, so I immediately put on my wig to test out the idea and sure enough..she was right.
So for a split second I thought I'd have to try to sell the wig back on the marketplace (green wigs never sell well -_-; ) and wait for another one to come on or fork out more money for a brand new one. I then realized I could cleverly add extensions for what I needed so..crisis averted!

I take wig, prop, and costume commissions! PM me for details.
On Temporary Hiatus. Resuming in Aug.

Upcoming Cons:
Undecided

REVAMPING Ashe and Dizzy -- Velvetaire 1% -- Sphynx 1% -- Ellis 1%
akaisha0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2011, 02:50 AM   #34005
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:

You realize if you give up cosplay, I'm going to fly back down to Socal, go on campus, stay outside your dorm til you happen to walk out, then force you into your Prussia cosplay and drag you around the pier.

I will. You think I'm joking? I'll do it.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote