Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 04-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #34711
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

CRAPCRAPCRAP.
I forgot to multiply by pi. That quote's wrong by a factor of 3. That skirt that I thought would be $24 in materials will be $72 in materials. I KNEW that it sounded wrong when I came up with that number.
But I've already sent the quote out. Due to my pricing screwup, I'd get paid a total of $3 for my time. How do I say, "Hi, remember that quote you gave me, I blew it, and now your dress is going to be $40 more expensive."?

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #34712
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

I want to make my Yuna Staff already....Mostly cause it's a prop I can make XDDD I have an old staff thing I bought for Halloween years ago. I can cut of the head then use that to attach the top of her staff. I'd need to get my bf to spray paint the pole part blue and red. The top I can make out of the foam board I have then ask him to spray it gold. I can then paint the plue parts on to the board.

Also about Yuna, my friend said he's gonna buy the cosplay for my bday/christmas present. Mainly cause he wants me to cosplay her. *sweatdrop* Well at least I don't have to dish out the money for it? So I'll just need to buy her wig, necklace and earing. XD sounds good lol

First though I should finish Chibi!Romano which is starting to look awesome. XD Still need to finish sewing the cross onto Prussia's shirt...and cutting the fabric on Chibi!America. Chibi!America after getting the fabric cut should not take me a long time, cause my sewing machine only seems to work with white thread *glares at it* Also need to sew Spain's tomato print scarf and shorts. Then finish the Magnet headphones...I need to go finish that...
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 05:55 PM   #34713
Gypsyangelf4i
Places to go,People to be

Hooray!! Got a semi bonus check plus a friend paid me for our DC hotel (which I already paid in full for) so yay for extra Con money!!

Plus, Khol's sent me a $10 gift card, surely there's something cosplay related I need from there.

Last edited by Gypsyangelf4i : 04-13-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Gypsyangelf4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #34714
wanderingdreamr
Needs to do more kniting

Bad: Ran out of bias tape for Utena's jacket.
Good: I'm not that short, only about 30 inches (which is a lot less than I thought I'd be short).
Worse: The only bit of red fabric I have is about the size of a looseleaf piece of paper. THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN, RIGHT?
wanderingdreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 06:43 PM   #34715
Axelai
I'm Awesome

France pants~ Francey pants~~ Putting on my Francey pants~!

I love them. Though when I bought them, I didn't realize they went all the way up to my waist :I *squirms in them*

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 06:45 PM   #34716
RaeSeddon
Chocolate and Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
I'm wondering whether this is too bright to make this from... hmmm. It doesn't seem as pink in other shots but I'm having a lot of difficulty finding a pink Hawaiian-style shirt without the patterns >_>

That honestly looks fine. As for sewing, capes are really, really easy. And really, it would take a while, but you could probably do a cape by hand. aside from the hood, it's really just a bunch of straight lines. I'm sure you'll do fine. ^_^

I miss having callouses on my fingers from hand sewing. Years ago I wouldn't be wincing as I tried to push a needle through lined pleather. >_<
RaeSeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 07:12 PM   #34717
Chaye
The &lt;3 Means It's Cannon

Asfjk! Oshawott secured! He's only supposed to be 10 inches but he's huuuuuge! <3 I'm so happy! I also bought a meowth plush for my friend. He's much tinier but very cute. I can't wait to finish bianca and take pictures with my new oshawott :3
Unread 04-13-2011, 07:19 PM   #34718
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaeSeddon View Post
That honestly looks fine. As for sewing, capes are really, really easy. And really, it would take a while, but you could probably do a cape by hand. aside from the hood, it's really just a bunch of straight lines. I'm sure you'll do fine. ^_^

I miss having callouses on my fingers from hand sewing. Years ago I wouldn't be wincing as I tried to push a needle through lined pleather. >_<
Ooh, I might just go for that then. Makes my life easier, that's for sure. Else that shirt will drive me to extinction.
And ahhh, it's so daunting though! But I think I'll talk to my nan about it, she's the sewing expert in the family and so she might be able to help me out with it. I've posted a commissioners ad but I won't tie myself to anything until I've hashed it out with other people~ thanks, by the way!

I am really seriously considering Ayacon now. Especially because I'm sure I can get two more Gary cosplays in the bag before August. It would be so glorious *____*
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 07:36 PM   #34719
shiro-kuro

OMGOMGOMGOMG
So apparently a PACKAGE was supposed to come today but no one was here to sign it and me and my dad are gonna pick it up later or tomorrow and it might be my wig or my costume and OMGOMGOMGOMG
shiro-kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 07:49 PM   #34720
pacoenelsaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_Kitty View Post
Then when u come out wearing the respirator mask and to clean the brushes ur neighbors think u r completely nuts. Oh wait thats just me. But hey thats what I do my husband is in the military and the garage has turned into our work station. Including its own paint booth he built out of failed bookcases we bought at target.
Oh that is awesome! Glad to see that there are people on here that had the same idea I had , lol.
pacoenelsaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 08:17 PM   #34721
sploosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodici22 View Post
CRAPCRAPCRAP.
I forgot to multiply by pi. That quote's wrong by a factor of 3. That skirt that I thought would be $24 in materials will be $72 in materials. I KNEW that it sounded wrong when I came up with that number.
But I've already sent the quote out. Due to my pricing screwup, I'd get paid a total of $3 for my time. How do I say, "Hi, remember that quote you gave me, I blew it, and now your dress is going to be $40 more expensive."?
Ooh, that sucks. I'm sure that your client will understand. Is it a friend?
sploosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 08:24 PM   #34722
Kelley
Devil of Details

Just be honest and tell them you made a mistake.

It happens, just be as quick as possible about correcting it.
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #34723
RaeSeddon
Chocolate and Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
Ooh, I might just go for that then. Makes my life easier, that's for sure. Else that shirt will drive me to extinction.
And ahhh, it's so daunting though! But I think I'll talk to my nan about it, she's the sewing expert in the family and so she might be able to help me out with it. I've posted a commissioners ad but I won't tie myself to anything until I've hashed it out with other people~ thanks, by the way!

I am really seriously considering Ayacon now. Especially because I'm sure I can get two more Gary cosplays in the bag before August. It would be so glorious *____*
Glorious indeed! I demand pictures! XD

Relatives are a good start for cosplaying, haha...I still have my mom help me occasionally. She's a great sport about it.

I love that my brother will call me while he's busy moving all of his crap to another state just to tell me he picked up the pattern I asked him to get.

Pants, attempt #2, the weekend after next! <3
RaeSeddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 08:37 PM   #34724
wanderingdreamr
Needs to do more kniting

Right, so I got all the bias tape on but it didn't quite work right so I'm going to have to do a lot of gluing/sewing it one. But first, EPAULETTES OF DOOOOOOOM!
wanderingdreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #34725
ringoiero360
Exactly

I got through all 15 volumes of Dorohedoro and really want to cosplay Risu =v=
I haven't found any other manga/anime characters that i've wanted to cosplay recently anyway :-/