Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 08-17-2011, 02:41 AM   #41461
LeekFish
Clow Reader

Currently debating on who to cosplay as next; Girlfriend and I had planned on Dead Master and Black Rock Shooter respectively, but now she also wants to cosplay as Kotetsu from Tiger and Bunny with our friend as Barnaby; in that case I'd really like to cosplay as Dragon Kid and accompany them. But I also really wanted to cosplay as Kobato, and I already have props for that... So I'm really not sure. Girlfriend and our other friend also agreed to do Kero and Spinel gijinkas to go with my Sakura cosplay, and I'm guessing it all really depends on funds and whatnot. We probably wouldn't start making those until next summer, since both of them are already back in college though.

So I guess it depends on what they decide on, since I'd really like to do a group with them for my next cosplay; if they choose not to go through with either of those this year, I suppose I'll probably go with Kobato next, or even pass on getting a new cosplay for this upcoming year since I should probably save my money for other things. @-@;

2013 Cosplays
Ultimate Madoka, Puella Magi Madoka Magica - 93%
Fluttershy, My Little Pony - 85%
Cocoa, Fisheye Placebo - 100%
Gumi (Camellia), Vocaloid - 50%
Rainbow Dash, My Little Pony - 60%
Fionna, Adventure Time - 70%
LeekFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-17-2011, 05:38 AM   #41462
SakuraxTsubasa
a KarenCube!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha_helix View Post
I'm itching to start my next costume: Princess Kraehe! Cannot wait to do allllll those pleats! eeeeee <3
YES.
Jeez, I wish I had time to start my Tutu. All I've got is...well, all I've got is the headpiece and my pointe shoes, thus far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
I think I remember a troll makeup tutorial that mentioned it somewhere on the tutorial board if that helps...
Ooh~! Thank you!

So my Shimizu Raimei cosplay along with Ed Elric's pocket watch are scheduled to be redelivered today, because we were on vacation cruising in Europe the first two times they tried to deliver it. I'm getting antsy and I don't even want to cosplay the two of them that much. XD
I do love Raimei though.
And Ed's funny. I really do need to finish watching Brotherhood...
SakuraxTsubasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 05:42 AM   #41463
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly026 View Post
DX but at least you get to see me.
And that will make the cosplay woes worth it.
And I still might wear England's uniform... haven't decided. Depends on if I can make the Same Browne belt in time.
Yes...You will make it worth it. :3
And...Hnngh I hope you can. /really wants to see it in person before AWA
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 05:44 AM   #41464
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

I hate ruffles! and aprons.....or at least hand sewing them. But can't wait for Alice to be finished....I need a pettiskirt though. -pouts-
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #41465
pltshp
i did what i have to do

SHIPU SHIPU DANSEN WORKS. Even though Royal Mail is convinced my wig is still "on its way", I can confirm that it is in fact in my drawer right now and earlier found its way onto my head. Con worries have been dulled a little and I actually can't wait to get ready for it tomorrow! OHMYGODAYACONISONFRIDAYAHHHHH.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 09:30 AM   #41466
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

So my mom is freaking out since we have a wedding to go to in two weeks and she doesn't have a blouse to match her sari. She actually told me that if her backups don't work then she'll get me to do it. Although I would love to make it I've never made anything like this before...

Well if it does come down to it I'll do it but I am definitively asking for cosplay stuff in return. I already know this thing is going to be stressful.

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #41467
☆ Kei ☆
Maid of Hope

Running to go get my eyebrows tamed in an hour or so, then I get to get dressed up and fancy in lolita to drive three hours to attend a meet with my best friend before she leaves for college in San Francisco. >:

At the rate things are going, though, I'll be making somewhat frequent trips down to goof off in between cons, so it's not as bad as it could be~ <3

In regular cosplay news, Succession's getting pushed off until Fanime at the earliest, since we're pretty sure rushing it now would result in quality we wouldn't be happy with.
And none of my wigs are here. In fact, the wigs I ordered with plenty of time so I could wear them to this meet shipped yesterday. 8|
★ Applejack ★ Panty ★ Lots of Nyotalia ★
☆ Kei ☆ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #41468
☆ KEITA
Ninja

I was gonna cosplay Zuko full-hair-head version for this picnic the last weekend of August but I don't have MONEY. ; A; crycry. So I don't know what to do anymore.

I have fabric for a some other cosplays I wanted to do. Might bring those out, might not.

And even if I don't make anything, what would I rewear? Alkhsfsd. OTL
Unread 08-17-2011, 10:25 AM   #41469
Kerodohi
No longer active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly026 View Post
If I saw a Nihlus cosplay, I'm pretty sure my inner Mass Effect fan girl would melt. I'm just sayin'.
But... books are quite pricey, so I understand *is dreading buying books*
Maybe I'll get lucky and have a miniscule book list this year so I can squirrel the rest of the money away for materials >D

I did print out my reference pictures (of which I actually have enough...that's a first!) and materials list as a start. Could probably start patterning some of the armor onto paper. And I've got a Nerf gun that I can start planning mods to.
Unread 08-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #41470
Hielostar
House of Hielo

Finished Sheska's skirt on Monday! Time to print out this jacket pattern and start working on the muslin mock-up.
Rocket Grunt - Pokemon series
Shiro - No Game No Life
Professor Juniper - Pokemon series
Hielostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 11:02 AM   #41471
DarkCloudInc
S. M. R. T. I mean...

Super confused...

It's still pretty weird that some conventions have two differing rules when it comes to costume pieces that count as props such as wings.

However, it kind of sucks to find out that there's a 6" rule at this new convention that I thought would be cosplayer friendly only to find out they maybe just as bad as the other convention that commands the same price level. It's looking towards that convention being something I abandon.

The difference is whether or not the wings fall under the 6" rule which would knock out my current wings and force me to do a last minute build of my 6" wing set. It won't be pretty... Or I could just hangout outside where they probably won't hassle me much...
Planned Cosplay 2017 - Everything all gold, woo!
Gilgamesh [Fate Series]
Kayle - The Judicator [League of Legends]
Sagitarrius Aiolis [Saint Seiya]
Genji [Overwatch - Ocre]
9S [Nier]
Geralt [Witcher 3 - Wolven]
DarkCloudInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #41472
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Wouldn't you know it? The shoes I had to order online because our store didn't have the color I wanted in my size in stock were sitting right there on the counter when I went in this morning. Booooo. At least it was only $1.99 shipping. Blegh.
Unread 08-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #41473
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
SHIPU SHIPU DANSEN WORKS. Even though Royal Mail is convinced my wig is still "on its way", I can confirm that it is in fact in my drawer right now and earlier found its way onto my head. Con worries have been dulled a little and I actually can't wait to get ready for it tomorrow! OHMYGODAYACONISONFRIDAYAHHHHH.
It looks awesome!! 8D I can't wait to see pix of you in full cosplay with this X3

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 01:11 PM   #41474
Kiichigo

Wow haven't been in here for awhile. School is eating me alive but I'm enjoying it.
This whole "being a good student and taking notes for everything" is pretty nice ~

Seeing all those great cosplaygirls (Yaya, etaru, riddle etc.etc.) makes me want to do better cosplays ~ Maybe I should do Supergirl instead of Catwoman... I do have the wig and I adore her colourscheme and character *must research her different outfits*

And since I've done my homework for both tomorrow and Friday, I'm free to work on cosplay *dances* Though all I want right now is some good pictures of my Lion!Sheryl.... It's been finished for so long now OTL
Kiichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 01:37 PM   #41475
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Had a busy day, got really stuck into my cosplay and done quite a lot!
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote