Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Animazement

Unread 01-10-2017, 11:03 AM   #1
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Talking Animazement 2017 - Your plans?

It's that time of the year again!
Animazement will definitely be here before we all know it and I wanna know...what are you doing this year?

*What cosplays do you have planned?
*How are you doing on said cosplays? Do you have anything 100% completed?
*Are you going for all three days this year or just one day?
*Any guests you're excited to see? How about panels?
*If you see me/I see you and we recognize this, would you like to take a photo? c:

Tell me all about your plans!
Also feel free to rant or grumble about how your cosplays are going, I can hop on that train right behind you. :')

Here are my cosplays for all three days!

Friday: Card Captor Sakura in her red and white dress with a really good(and cute) friend of mine being my Tomoyo!

Saturday: I debut my big Sailor Moon group of which, I am the Sailor Moon of! We will all be in the classic scout gear and we may change to casual outfits later on.

Sunday: I have my goofy/comfortable cosplay planned with "Kawaii Reaper" from Overwatch. I'll just be wearing a maid's outfit, cat paws, my Reaper mask, and whatever else accessories I put on!

-Classic Sailor Moon
-Various Overwatch stuff
-Cardcaptor Sakura
-2B, NiER: Automata
-Purah, LoZ: Breath of the Wild

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s) σf 2017:
None yet!

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:
Animazement '17

Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-12-2017, 11:24 PM   #2
FaustPrime
Memento Mori

AZ can't get here quickly enough! Good luck with your cosplays, Milky Bubbles. I'm hoping to enjoy it more so this year having successfully gotten a room in the Marriott. I usually have to walk far or drive.

*What cosplays do you have planned? Lelouch Lamperouge from Code Geass, Tres from Trinity Blood (if I finish in time), and Sorey from Tales of Zestiria
*How are you doing on said cosplays? Do you have anything 100% completed? Haha..ha...
*Are you going for all three days this year or just one day? All 3 days. Hoping it doesn't rain this year like it did on Sunday last year.
*Any guests you're excited to see? How about panels? Yes. Always look forward to anime you may have missed panel.
*If you see me/I see you and we recognize this, would you like to take a photo Sounds good

Boyfriend and I typically go to cons in and around NC with yearly pilgrimage to Otakon - say hello!
MAL:
https://myanimelist.net/profile/kotengakusha
FaustPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2017, 07:12 AM   #3
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Oh, I should also answer my own questions since I asked them!

Already listed those!

I am so mentally done with my costumes, if only that counted for anything. I haven't even started on Sailor Moon, I have my wig and my two back up wigs done(which is what I do for all my cosplays so that's no "accomplishment") and I have everything mapped out...but I've done nothing.
Getting paid on a monthly basis doesn't help matters at all because I want to use Yaya Han's ultrapreme fabric but unless I catch it on a good sale or have some good coupons, it's $40 a yard...
Of course I can buy it online but it's still like $30 per yard.
UGH.
The only cosplay I am even close to being done with is the one that's not serious, haha.

All three days, of course! I don't think I could ever go for just one day ever again.

I honestly don't really ever go to any panels at Animazement, I stopped doing so when I was like...16 or something? But I do remember one where they let people come up and voice over scenes from DBZ and I still think it was all hilarious. Everyone did a great job and it was really fun! I'll have to take a look at everything to see if there is something I wanna see this year!

*If you see me/I see you and we recognize this, would you like to take a photo? c:
Can't really answer this question since I asked it but if you see me walking about and want to get my attention, call me Val! I doubt I would respond(I would likely turn around in shock, though) to someone shouting: "MILKY BUBBLES!"

-Classic Sailor Moon
-Various Overwatch stuff
-Cardcaptor Sakura

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

None yet!

Animazement '17

Last edited by Milky Bubbles : 01-14-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Unread 01-14-2017, 12:08 PM   #4
stevenkb

Doctor Who (10th Doctor)
Mystogan (Fairy Tail)
Roy Mustang (Fullmetal Alchemist)

My Doctor Who cosplay is complete since I've used it at several conventions before. I'm really happy with how it looks, so it's usually my go-to cosplay if I'm in a hurry.
My Roy Mustang cosplay is OK. Apparently I've gotten taller (didn't think that was supposed to happen once you get to your late 30's...) so the jacket isn't as long as it needs to be. Since it was a premade costume that I just purchased, there's not a lot I can do to modify it, but I'm going to take a stab at it.
My Mystogan cosplay hasn't even been started, but it's the one I want to do most of all. Guess I need to buckle down and get going on that one.

I'll definitely be there Saturday and Sunday during the day. Don't know about Friday yet. Since I live in Durham, I can't really bring myself to pay for a hotel room and stay there throughout the whole convention. Plus, not paying for a hotel room means more money to spend in the vendor's hall!

Not sure yet. I haven't checked out the list, but I'm usually more interested in the panels and classes at conventions.

Of course!
stevenkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2017, 10:43 PM   #5
Ouja Akuma
Professional Zelda Nerd

-I'm actually going to be your Sailor Uranus, hello c: If I get into the Artist Alley, I'm going to be rather casual minus Uranus. Probably rewear some cosplays like Kageyama and Gieve.

-I'll be making Uranus after Katsucon and Triad. If I go the whole weekend, my other cosplays will already be completed.

1 day if I don't get into the AA. All 3 if I do.

-I'm not a panel person at all unless I'm running them or friends ask me to be in theirs. Guest wise, Animazement never has any that I care for.

*If you see me/I see you and we recognize this, would you like to take a photo?
-CONSIDERING HOW WE'RE IN THE SAME GROUP, PLEASE. I love selfies.

New Cosplays Planned:
Spring Xander ; Fire Emblem Heroes
Ouja Akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2017, 07:04 PM   #6
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Quote:
*If you see me/I see you and we recognize this, would you like to take a photo?
-CONSIDERING HOW WE'RE IN THE SAME GROUP, PLEASE. I love selfies.
!!!
I cannot believe I never made the connection omg
WE BETTER TAKE PICTURES TOGETHER!!!!

-Classic Sailor Moon
-Various Overwatch stuff
-Cardcaptor Sakura

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

None yet!

Animazement '17

Unread 02-05-2017, 12:32 PM   #7
Candycheetah
Small cosplayer

Hi there guys! You can call me Candy if you'd like, or Kayla if you'd rather call me by my actual name. This will be my first AZ!

*What cosplays do you have planned? Quite a few. Matt (Death Note), Agape Yurio (Yuri on Ice), Keiko (Yuyu Hakusho), Tatara (Fushigi Yugi), Kenma (Haikyuu), Mirajane (Fairy Tail), Touka (Tokyo Ghoul)

*How are you doing on said cosplays? Do you have anything 100% completed? The only ones 100% complete are Agape Yurio and Kenma. Mirajane and Matt are almost done to, just need a new wig for Mirajane and Matt needs a new vest.
*Are you going for all three days this year or just one day? All 3 days, I would never go to a con for a day unless it's a small one.
*Any guests you're excited to see? How about panels? Don't know about panels yet, I usually don't go to many. As for guest, I'm interested in the Rakugo guest and seeing the visual Kei band Noiz.
*If you see me/I see you and we recognize this, would you like to take a photo? c: Sure if you like something of my lineup and want a selfie, id be glad to!
Unread 02-26-2017, 12:27 PM   #8
kusirou

Thursday: Assassin's Creed Revelations Ezio
Friday: Noctis Final Fantasy 15
Saturday: Daytime: Jin Kisaragi Evening: Nero Devil May Cry 4
Sunday: Undecided

*How are you doing on said cosplays? Do you have anything 100% completed? Noctis is nowhere near complete... sadly.
*Are you going for all three days this year or just one day? All days!
*Any guests you're excited to see? How about panels? Make some friends, attend photoshoots, and wing it on panel attendance.
*If you see me/I see you and we recognize this, would you like to take a photo? c: YES!
kusirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2017, 08:53 AM   #9
TheCaroliner

On Friday, a Team Skull grunt. On Saturday, Marinette from Miraculous Ladybug! (I'm also running a Miraculous Ladybug photoshoot if any of you are cosplaying from that show!)

Team Skull is almost done, I still need shoes and to make the arm bands and leg band. I also might re do the hat since I don't like how the first one came out. For Marinette, I have the pants and shoes. Just ordered the jacket yesterday

All 3 days!

I haven't seen any confirmed guests I'm too excited for. (Where can I find a list of the panels?)

Absolutely!
TheCaroliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2017, 09:31 AM   #10
Ac3ofH3arts

*What cosplays do you have planned? I'm planning to bring Yachi Hitoka (Haikyuu), Team Skull Grunt (Pokemon), Yuri Plisetsky (Yuri On Ice!!!), and Link (Breath of the Wild)(I may not have time for this one but here's to hoping).

-I'm still kind of working on my lineup but here is roughly what I am doing which days.

Friday: Yuri Plisetsky
Saturday: Link? & Team Skull Grunt
Sunday: Yachi & Team Skull grunt

- I dont have anything 100% complete yet, Yachi is pretty much done I just have to make her hair clip and bow. I have everything but the shoes and jacket for Yuri, and I pretty much need everything for link, lol. The team skull grunt shouldn't be too hard I have most everything around my house (except the wig).

- Yes, I should be there all three days!

- Not really, I mainly walk around and look at other cosplay's but I always love to pop in on a few panels with my friends

- Sure thing!
Ac3ofH3arts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #11
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

An update on my end because I am ridiculous and forever change my convention plans!

Friday: I am still doing Cardcatpor Sakura's red and white dress on Friday so nothing about this has changed!

Saturday
: My Sailor Moon group has lost some members for various reasons but it is still happening so I will be Sailor Moon in the morning and I will likely change into Witch Mercy later on!

Sunday: I don't think I really care enough to finish Kawaii Reaper even though it's a very easy thing to finish. If I do put for the effort and finish everything, I will still wear that on Sunday but if not, I will wear Witch Mercy again!

Even after so many months, nothing is 100% completed.
Pieces are 100% completed but I have yet to wrap an entire costume up just yet.
The closest thing I have that is almost considered "done" is Witch Mercy, which is actually very exciting! I got my new, lace-front wig in for her yesterday and while I have already styled one, I always think that lace-fronts look better in the end.
I also got in my new base wig for Cardcaptor Sakura yesterday! Pre-styled wigs just never look the way I want them to and the colors are always so...off. Mainly on my skin tone but the one I got in is just fine so I am very excited!

This also hasn't changed at all! I actually bought my 3-day pass a few weeks ago and I always get super jittery once I buy my tickets, haha.

Nah. There isn't anyone visiting that I am excited about this year and I don't ever go to panels because I typically get uncomfortable for one reason or another and end up leaving.

-Classic Sailor Moon
-Various Overwatch stuff
-Cardcaptor Sakura

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

None yet!

Animazement '17

Unread 04-18-2017, 10:34 AM   #12
Milky Bubbles
(◍•ᴗ•◍)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaroliner View Post
On Friday, a Team Skull grunt. On Saturday, Marinette from Miraculous Ladybug! (I'm also running a Miraculous Ladybug photoshoot if any of you are cosplaying from that show!)

Team Skull is almost done, I still need shoes and to make the arm bands and leg band. I also might re do the hat since I don't like how the first one came out. For Marinette, I have the pants and shoes. Just ordered the jacket yesterday

All 3 days!

I haven't seen any confirmed guests I'm too excited for. (Where can I find a list of the panels?)

Absolutely!
Here is a link to the Events page!
You unfortunately cannot look at panels since the only option the website offers is to submit stuff for a fan-panel. But I know that once you get to the convention center you get that pamphlet that contains all the panels that go on!

-Classic Sailor Moon
-Various Overwatch stuff
-Cardcaptor Sakura

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

None yet!

Animazement '17