Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh

Unread 12-29-2014, 10:38 PM   #5671
Auragale
Tea addict

Heh. For Halloween, my friend and I did Gaga!Marik and Bakura from Yu Gi Oh Abridged "Leather Pants" xD. Only the wig my friend got for Marik wound up being too short and a different colour than what was shown online. Next May, we plan on cosplaying actual Marik and Bakura for a convention (already got my striped shirt ready to go ). Does anyone have any recommendations where we could find a good Marik wig? (regular Marik, that is, not Yami xD)

Julesie: Your wig is absolutely fantastic~ I admire your bravery... My attempt to style my Bakura wig involved me adding the smallest pinch of gel to it and proceeding to chicken out.
Auragale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2015, 11:10 PM   #5672
Julesie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auragale View Post
Julesie: Your wig is absolutely fantastic~ I admire your bravery... My attempt to style my Bakura wig involved me adding the smallest pinch of gel to it and proceeding to chicken out.
Thanks!! ^_^
Haha I'm making a Bakura wig at the moment. =) I've got 3 out of 4 of the main spikes made so far, just got to finish glueing on hair wefts to the rest of it.

I have no idea about the Malik wig, sorry. When I cosplayed him I borrowed a random blonde wig as I was planning to be Marik and didn't get him finished in time so cheated and did Malik. xD
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2015, 09:02 PM   #5673
AnimeViolinist

I'm debating on Tea or Kisara right now for an upcoming con. I really like Kisara's character however brief her screentime was but her outfit is so boring and not that recognizable to me, I would love to jazz it up a little.
I'm a little worried though if I do so she won't be recognizable at all despite tying in aspects of the blue eyes white dragon into the design (I was thinking of going back to the ancient Egyptian roots of the show and designing a dragon priestess Kisara). If anyone has any thoughts I would really appreciate it!
AnimeViolinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2015, 10:39 AM   #5674
Auragale
Tea addict

Find a Kaiba/Priest Seto cosplayer and follow him around the con

That's a tricky one though.. I didn't realize how plain her outfit was until now when I looked it up.. I always remembered it being much more fabulous.. Maybe if you carried some sort of blue eyes prop?
Unread 03-11-2015, 05:18 PM   #5675
AnimeViolinist

Haha, that's the plan (I'll have a Yuugi, we'll make a new ship)

Right? It's like a bag, haha. I've started working on a sort of dragon priestess Kisara! So we'll see how that goes.
Mew Mint - 100%
AnimeViolinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2015, 11:38 AM   #5676
Auragale
Tea addict

Heeheehee! When in doubt come up with your own new costume design. And a new fan shipping! XD (Who knows.. KisaraXYugi probably already exists in some obscure corner of the internet). But what you have planned sounds really cool so far :3 Much better than a bag, in any case.

Amusingly, my boyfriend IS cosplaying Kaiba and I almost went as Tea but somehow wound up picking Bakura instead.. Still not sure how that happened xD But it's nice to put together a nice simple costume for a change.
Unread 09-08-2015, 04:22 AM   #5677
Siwyenbast
Kemetic Catwoman

While I do crossplay Yami Yugi off and on, the next con I'm going to has me flying there, so I don't want to deal with the wig having to be put into luggage or mailed. So I'll be doing a genderbent version at Anime banzai this year.

While I would have made the costume, I didn't know until last month that I'd be going, so it saves me time that I'm doing it by reusing parts of the regular one and adding some feminine touches (faux leather pleated skirt, tights, some makeup). Still a little annoyed at myself for not making this puzzle out of plate brass and having to use the squishy one again, but classes come first.
Siwyenbast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2015, 05:40 PM   #5678
Ouja Akuma
Professional Zelda Nerd

I'm finally going to be cosplaying Marik for a con in the summer. Childhood crush. <3

New Cosplays Planned:
Military Nidhogg ; Love Nikki
Ibaraki Douji ; Onmyoji
Ouja Akuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2015, 10:18 PM   #5679
Julesie

Just cosplayed Serenity this weekend at Hyper Japan in England. Sadly there didn't seem to be any photographers around that day, mostly because the event isn't a convention but more a Japanese festival but I had a good time with a friend cosplaying Duke.
Julesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2016, 09:56 AM   #5680
BeardedDragon74
Oro?

I'm currently working on a Season 0 White Mage Bakura for Geek Kon 2016. Right now I'm working on the staff, a 1" PVC pipe, where I used resin, yellow glitter, and an LED strip in a child's bangle/bracelet form to make the round part glow. I'm going to finish it off with worbla for the outside design. I have the wire duct taped to a baseball hat to keep the shape for the wizards hat. I also have a newspaper pattern made for his stand up collar. And, I've started spiking the wig.

My first time using resin and trying LED lights for the staff and the two large red jewels. So much yet to do! Hope it turns out.

Cosplay in progress:
Hiroko Katsuki (Yuri’s mom from Yuri on Ice),
Gender-Bent Phantom of the Opera,
White Mage Bakura from Yu Gi Oh! Season Zero,
Mimikyu Mascot
BeardedDragon74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2016, 02:46 AM   #5681
MillyRing
Princess Of Cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedDragon74 View Post
I'm currently working on a Season 0 White Mage Bakura for Geek Kon 2016. Right now I'm working on the staff, a 1" PVC pipe, where I used resin, yellow glitter, and an LED strip in a child's bangle/bracelet form to make the round part glow. I'm going to finish it off with worbla for the outside design. I have the wire duct taped to a baseball hat to keep the shape for the wizards hat. I also have a newspaper pattern made for his stand up collar. And, I've started spiking the wig.

My first time using resin and trying LED lights for the staff and the two large red jewels. So much yet to do! Hope it turns out.
That's awesome! There's not enough Season 0!Yu-Gi-Oh! cosplay so I'm glad someone's working on it!

I'm working on a Bakura cosplay costume myself (except it's Duel Monsters Ryou Bakura) - not sure what con I'd wear it to yet, since I really just want to attend a con that some people I know are attending or is in a state near mine. I already have brown eyes so I just need to order a white wig and the Millennium Ring (I already have his striped shirt, blue over shirt, jeans and some sneakers) and I'll be set!

Last edited by MillyRing : 08-07-2016 at 04:50 PM.
MillyRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2017, 07:52 AM   #5682
Otaku Gunso
half elf flame haze

Soo I pretty well have done 3 cosplays this year and all 3 of them are Yu-Gi-Oh related. I cosplayed Jounouchi to the Yu-Gi-Oh Dark Side of Dimensions movie

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3605612/

Then after vending at a small college based convention of sorts I cosplayed Shou and Judai from GX

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3606087/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3606085/

Rollin GX in 2017 !! So many fond memories of that over 10 years ago x)
Otaku Gunso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2017, 07:29 PM   #5683
AkiJudaichan

I'm cosplaying Yubel at my next convention. This cosplay has been on my bucket list along with supreme king Jaden for a while now.

SERE 2017
Saturday: Nakasaki Nora and Freya Rose (MES characters)

Momocon 2017
Thursday: Sailor Jaden (Sailor Moon X Yugioh GX)
Friday: Morning Yubel (Yugioh GX), Afternoon Victor (Yuri on Ice), Evening MES
Saturday: Ventus (Kingdom Hearts), Evening MES
Sunday: Victor (Yuri on Ice!)

Dragoncon 2017
Thursday: Heart (Dreamscape)
Friday: Eliatrov Von Heart (Dreamscape)
Saturday: Ladybug
Sunday: Arilya Friment (Dreamscape)
Monday: Yubel (Yugioh GX)
AkiJudaichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2017, 04:20 PM   #5684
Zoeyromanov

According to my Cosplanner app Rin is half done. Didn't realize I almost have everything since I still have time to look and get stuff xD. Wow. Really hope I can find a real good base jacket for her. I'll have be to looking inside/out for a white as a base then add the blue and pink.
Also I've been playing around with the earrings I got for Ruri and I like how they look on me xD

Anime North 2019:
TBD

Future plans:
Trickstar Sweet Devil, Yugioh [Fan Expo 2019]
Trickstar Band Sweet Guitar, Yugioh [Fan Expo 2019]

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / Twitter

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too." -- Wonder Woman, Justice League War

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
BIRD POWER!
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote