Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 02-23-2011, 03:14 PM   #2356
Raven_Night

@T3HFIVE

I just got my wig this weekend and it is fab! My boyfriend will be getting my school uniform ordered this weekend. Still haggling with my mother about my Blair costume though

Anime Detour!

Cat Witch Blair (Soul Eater) - DONE!
Abiru Kobushi (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei) - 95%
Misa Amane (Death Note) - 95%
Raven_Night is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #2357
AxelisMyHomeboy
Shinobi Hobbit

@dreamless: Well, Cosplay.com here, Amphigory, and Ebay are all good places to buy wigs. :3

@Doodle: Well, I'm PhantomDarksGirl on Gaia, so...it wouldn't surprise me if you have. xD I'm currently addicted to a Disney roleplay on there...and I'm playing 6 characters in it. >>;;
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a little work done this weekend, but I realized I'm missing a pattern piece for Ginny. D: I need to find someone with the same cloak pattern as me so I can get it and finish sewing. I still have a few wigs to order and a skirt to find besides sewing to finish. >< Crunch time!

2011 Con Schedule: Anime Detour, NoBrand Con, CONvergence
AxelisMyHomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 10:13 PM   #2358
dreamless19

Thanks Doodle and Axelis for the suggestions. I'll have to compare prices and other such things. I wore what I have of my Matt cosplay completed to the anime club at school and people were so impressed with it. Someone even asked me if I could make them a vest. lol I was also asked if I was going to the con and I was like yeah, they also wondered if I was going to wear that. Very glad to know that the vest looks good. I would still like to find gloves.

How is everyone else's cosplays going?
Unread 02-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #2359
crayonattack

Mine are coming along alright! I have everything I need for all of them, which is a start! Well I guess I still need the face paint for Harley and the shoes for Joy (and the cookies but I have a while till those need to be made xD). ALSO. Registration got closed last night! And I have two friends that I met LAST year at con who are evidently idiots and forgot to register. Derp. So if you guys know of anyone who's got a registration and doesn't need it, you should pass em my way in order to transfer it! Or dont! Either way (:
AHHH I'M SO EXCITED. I'm trying to figure out what to wear to the dance on that Saturday, because I'll be wearing Harley on Saturday and don't particularly want to dance in that. I'm thinking of a sort of demi-Steampunk look. Especially cause I plan on buying the HELL out of some Steampunk goggles this year. Anyone else into Steampunk? (:
crayonattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 09:23 PM   #2360
DoodlePanda
Banana Hammocks

@Axelis: XD I'll have to go stalk you on there, if I remember to when I go to Gaia again, haha.. I was Damon Grey for the longest time, but just recently changed my s/n to SecksyManNips (which is also my Steam name for anyone that wants to add me :'D )

So...the dance...er...the masquerade, or whatever it is called. What exactly goes on at one? XD I've never been to one (seeing as this is my first con) so...yeah. o v o I think I'll wear my Ciel costume that day, but I still need shoes that will fit the outfit. >< I could order some off the interwebs but I'm afraid I'll get the wrong size. :c So I'm stuck.
DoodlePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #2361
kanghead

Detour is sold out! I'm probably going to ghost on Saturday because I don't really do much asides from talk to people, so I never get my badge checked. I'll probably be in my hamster kigurumi again, seeing how people seemed to like it a lost the past few years.

Interested in a cute animal hat? Maybe a Vincent plushie, Sesshomaru plushie, or an Edward Elric pillow?

Haggling possible.
kanghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2011, 04:53 PM   #2362
dreamless19

So I found an L wig that looks pre-styled, which is good since I've never styled hair. Here is the link:
L wig

Then I was think of getting a Melissa wig for Matt in Henna Red and then maybe trim it a bit. I have to get these ordered. DX Running out of time!
Unread 03-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #2363
Raven_Night

Added a third costume to the mix! I'm going as Misa Amane to match my boyfriend's L =D

Anime Detour!

Cat Witch Blair (Soul Eater) - DONE!
Abiru Kobushi (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei) - 95%
Misa Amane (Death Note) - 95%
Raven_Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #2364
Akahime

Oh wow! I didn't know this thread existed. 8'D Hello to all of the other Minnesota cosplayers! =3
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2011, 12:42 AM   #2365
kanghead

@dreamless The L wig looks pretty accurate! For the Matt wig, I think this one might work a little better.

Interested in a cute animal hat? Maybe a Vincent plushie, Sesshomaru plushie, or an Edward Elric pillow?

Haggling possible.
kanghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #2366
EkoOtsurone
Echoes of Static Sounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless19 View Post
So I found an L wig that looks pre-styled, which is good since I've never styled hair. Here is the link:
L wig

Then I was think of getting a Melissa wig for Matt in Henna Red and then maybe trim it a bit. I have to get these ordered. DX Running out of time!
The L wig doesn't seem styled enough. It seems.... kind of dead. But if you go at it with some hair gel before the con, I think it'll be fine.
Cosplay club (seeking Mpls cosplayers <3) : http://www.antithesiscosplay.yolasite.com/

Let's talk, okay?

-Megurine Luka- Cendrillion: 10%
Megurine Luka: 0%
Hell Girl/ Ai Enma: 80% (don't have wig)
Hana Bakane (WIP UTAULOID) 90%
EkoOtsurone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #2367
dreamless19

Both wigs are now ordered. Now time to play the waiting game. The other day I went to the salvation army to lok for boots, which they did. Only problem was that they were to small for my feet. Curse my big feet. -.-
Unread 03-08-2011, 10:44 PM   #2368
crayonattack

I'M FREAKIN OUT GUYS. I AM MAJORLY FREAKING OUT. I ordered my makeup for Harley this week, so I'll try to put up a makeup test picture with the hat and all once it comes but NOW I'm nervous that I didn't pick the right sorts of makeup! ALSO its finals week so I'm SUPER stressed about that, especially Chemistry because oh my GOD do I hate Chemistry. I still have so much to do! I havent even STARTED Joy and I still have to style her crazy hair-loopies and and AND I saw that there's gonna be a Masquerade?! They don't usually have those, do they?! And NOW I wanna find a big puffy pink prom dress to wear as Joy for that but I SERIOUSLY don't have time for it. AND MY SKIRT FOR MALON IS SO WRINKLY. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT GOT SO WRINKLY. I AM CONVINCED THAT PEOPLE ARE BREAKING INTO MY HOUSE AT NIGHT AND MAKING IT WRINKLY. I NEED TO FIX IT. And I still need to figure out the exact color I want to dye my hair that will work for Malon but ALSO look nice with my prom dress! (Anyone else got a prom coming up? I just got asked to it this past weekend and it was really really really ^-^) And I have to buy shoes for joy and MAKE shoes for Harley AND have Megan paint diamonds on my butt! AND I REALLY REALLY WANT TO FINISH COWBOY BEBOP BEFORE CON BECAUSE ITS BEEN ON MY LIST FOR SO LONG. *pantpantpant*

tl;dr: I'M FREAKING OUT, MAN. 21 DAYS. TWENTY. ONE. VINGT-ET-UN. Sorry for the freak-out post. I just....I needed to get it out of my system, man. Feel free to respond with your own irrational rants about school/finals/really anything because I find rants so fun to read. Or don't! Whatever floats your boat. (:
crayonattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2011, 11:02 PM   #2369
Akahime

Wow, that is a lot of things on your shoulders. 0,o Though working cosplay is important because AD is coming up, but school is even more important. =) So do your best to focus on that for now. *nods nods* Grades cannot wait as cosplay can (as disappointing that can be for many of us). *sigh* I can say that I can feel a little bit what you are feeling. I wanted to cosplay as Rin for so long, but I too may not be able to bring her just because I can't seem to find black knee high socks. 0,o (though, haven't tried super target yet....) The search has been long and hard.

I am not overtaken by tests and homework right now as I am taking an official semester break from my college, so I have so much time on my hand. Now I am just finding a temp job and counting down the days of AD. :/

Do your best crayon! Life is stressful in certain points of the year. Don't let it get to you and stay calm. =) Time manage and I'm sure you'll be able to find time to finish up your cosplays too. *nods nods*
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #2370
dreamless19

I was talking to my mom yesterday about some of the stuff I want to find, like boots. -.- And I said it was 3 weeks away and then it set in... 3...weeks....! My cosplays are pretty complete it's just the wigs that I'm worried about. D:

I guess my moms coworkers want to know what my costumes are. They seemed to be fascinated by the idea of Anime and cosplays and such. I really want to do some outside pictures in the snow with some of my cosplays, but first I need a photographer and a good camera.

Anybody else buy the new pokemon game? One of my friends said that he was getting the 3DS. Needless to say I am jealous.