Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 08-12-2011, 01:34 AM   #2476
Eleigh

@Ororo Monroe - Tyvm :3. I am not completely new up here so i have a bit of an experience due to College but I am sooo not looking forward to that at ALL.

@Kitty
Mk, found the MNruffles on facebook... now to gather the courage to post something on there lol.
Thank you so much for the info. Maybe I'll reactivate my deviant account and start posting on there and see what's up. I'll def check out the detour forums.

It's a shame though that there isn't some sort of group that does meet up and stuffs to just chill or exchange anime series and such. That makes me sad, ah well. Maybe there is one... its just that it's hidden >.> hmmmmmmmm ** feels alone as well ** lol
Eleigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-12-2011, 01:51 AM   #2477
kittymutt
Belgium Waffles

@ Eleigh: No problem! I'm pretty sure there are people who meet up and exchange anime series and such. Though I haven't looked around in there, but if you join the Detour forums there is a club section too. I'm afraid I don't know a whole lot of clubs and stuff in the twin cities since I don't live near there. *lives in dinky down in the southern part.*
kittymutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 02:04 AM   #2478
Eleigh

./create Anime Detour account

well if i find anything that is friendly and likes to meet up a lot and watch anime ill most def PM you about it if you are interested! I don't want to be lonely up here ;~;... bf/fiancees can help but they just aren't enough when it comes to this stuff! xD
Eleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #2479
inconspicuous

Hi! North Dakotan cosplayer here. There aren't many conventions here so was thinking about going to Animeland Remonedo but I have no idea if it is any good or how big the convention is.
Unread 08-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #2480
gatuomaala
St. Cloud State Univ.

Searching for someone in Minnesota who is interested in Batman / Superman cosplay! Maybe somebody you know?

Last edited by gatuomaala : 08-12-2011 at 09:34 PM.
gatuomaala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 05:29 AM   #2481
Aazhinangookwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleigh View Post
One of my college friends suggested that I should check out Animeland Remonedo in October and see if I meet people there. I figured I should be a bit more proactive than just waiting so I decided to join this site instead :3! Is anyone going to that con by chance?

I'm going! I might do a Durarara cosplay, but I'm not sure. Hope you make up your mind. ; )
Aazhinangookwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2011, 08:08 PM   #2482
dreamless19

Bought some pink fleece for Russia's scarf. Not sure if it will actually happen, but I would really like to have the scarf. Off to college tomorrow, and I'm still uncertain about going to the con in October. I would love to go to another one.
Unread 08-15-2011, 04:54 PM   #2483
xRosalinax
Madds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleigh View Post
Haiii all ^.^

I just moved from Louisiana up to MN so I am new to the whole MN Con thing up here. I figured going to this site might be a good idea to meet groups and such since I am a bajillion miles away from my other cosplay friends back home. I also realized that, or at least in my area, the cosplay scene is quite quiet ;~;

So I guess my main question is, do y'all know of any Lolita or any kind of Cosplay groups that are in the St. Paul/Minneapolis area that are somewhat active, like to play around/watch anime or video games and, of course, make costumes for upcoming cons?

One of my college friends suggested that I should check out Animeland Remonedo in October and see if I meet people there. I figured I should be a bit more proactive than just waiting so I decided to join this site instead :3! Is anyone going to that con by chance?

Just going to say welcome to Minnesota. Where summers are warm and winters are death! As for cosplay and Lolita things there really aren't many groups at all. The only cons we have here are AniMinneapolis, Anime Detour, ConVergence, and MarsCon. There is also a con called Anime Fusion that isn't fully set up yet but should be going sometime soon.

If you have a facebook there is a group called Eagle Anime that does lock ins and cosplay get togethers. I've never been to one but they look fun.

If you are willing to go for a drive there are cons in Iowa- AnimeIowa, QC Anime-zing, Anime Spark. There are also quite a few in Wisconsin but I haven't heard anything really good about them. There are more cons in Iowa then I listed but those are just off the top of my head.

Last edited by xRosalinax : 08-15-2011 at 04:58 PM.
xRosalinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2011, 11:08 PM   #2484
dreamless19

Anyone cosplaying for the international day of cosplay on the 27th, cause I am! Brought my Rhyme cosplay with me to college so I could wear it for that reason.
Unread 08-17-2011, 11:28 PM   #2485
KoaryChan
YAOI lover

I am! Ronald Knox all the way!
Alois Trancy= 20%
Madness of Duke Venomania - Gakupo= 0% [planning]

Cons~
AnimeDetour '12
CONvergance '12 [maybe]
AniMinneapolis '12

Last edited by KoaryChan : 08-21-2011 at 12:58 AM. Reason: My wig isn't coming till next week! :c
KoaryChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2011, 11:04 PM   #2486
AxelisMyHomeboy
Shinobi Hobbit

Welcome to all the new people in the forum! c:

I just moved into my dorm on the University of Iowa campus...so...does that still make me a Minnesota cosplayer since I'm from Minnesota? : P
Anyway...I won't be costuming my first couple of months here. So far I just have Donna Noble from Doctor Who with me to wear around. I wanted to bring Marluxia, but there wasn't enough space. For now I'll have to wait until I get a proper dorm room. I hope to see all of you at Detour next year, but I'm not sure if I'll be getting up for it. Only time will tell!

2011 Con Schedule: Anime Detour, NoBrand Con, CONvergence
AxelisMyHomeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #2487
xRosalinax
Madds

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelisMyHomeboy View Post
Welcome to all the new people in the forum! c:

I just moved into my dorm on the University of Iowa campus...so...does that still make me a Minnesota cosplayer since I'm from Minnesota? : P
Anyway...I won't be costuming my first couple of months here. So far I just have Donna Noble from Doctor Who with me to wear around. I wanted to bring Marluxia, but there wasn't enough space. For now I'll have to wait until I get a proper dorm room. I hope to see all of you at Detour next year, but I'm not sure if I'll be getting up for it. Only time will tell!
I say you are a Minnesota cosplayer. I mean, I'm a Minnesota cosplayer but yet I've never cosplayed in Minnesota yet. -cosplays in Iowa- But this year it shall happen! I will go to a Minnesota con!
xRosalinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 12:36 AM   #2488
crayonattack

-raises from the dead-
I'm baaaaaccckkk!
It feels like every time I come back to this forum, someone's posted about a new convention that I knew nothing about! XD How do you guys do it?! Aaaaanywho.

Welcome to all the new members of the forum! Also good luck to everyone who's heading off to college! I know a few people headed to the University of Iowa, too Axelis! Have fun! I hope you'll be able to make it to Detour this year! (And I think you're certainly still a Minnesota cosplayer! Especially in here. -taps heart-)

So I've been thinkin' about cosplay a lot lately, liiiike I do, and I have some ideas running around my head! I'm definitely doing Chelle from Portal with Meg, but I'm also considering doing a female version of Kamina, because I'd been thinking about it for a while and then my fella gave me some geta that he got from his sister in Japan that would look really nice with it Also for my too-complex-why-do-I-do-this-to-myself costume of the year I'm thinking Midna's true form from Twilight Princess. TOOMANYIDEAS!

How was/is everyone's summer? Do anything interesting/fun/new? I've been seeing a BUNCH of movies this summer because my best friend and my fella both work at our local movie theatre (somanyfreemoviesx.x). I HIGHLY suggest Fright Night. I expected it to be really dumb but I actually really enjoyed it!
crayonattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 04:15 PM   #2489
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

[quote=crayonattack;4107148]So I've been thinkin' about cosplay a lot lately, liiiike I do, and I have some ideas running around my head! I'm definitely doing Chelle from Portal with Meg, but I'm also considering doing a female version of Kamina, because I'd been thinking about it for a while and then my fella gave me some geta that he got from his sister in Japan that would look really nice with it Also for my too-complex-why-do-I-do-this-to-myself costume of the year I'm thinking Midna's true form from Twilight Princess. TOOMANYIDEAS![quote]

You think that is bad. I can't think aloud/mention cosplay ideas in front of the youngest member of my anime group because then she wants the costume. Right now she wants Misaki Suzuhara from Angelic Layer complete with dolls and Sailor Mercury from Sailor Moon. And those are just the ideas I came up with. She also wants a Sister of Battle, the gal from Appleseed, someone from Nadia Secret of the Blue Water... I want to kill who ever is supplying her with anime.
Ororo Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 11:08 PM   #2490
Saihate
shsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless19 View Post
Anyone cosplaying for the international day of cosplay on the 27th, cause I am! Brought my Rhyme cosplay with me to college so I could wear it for that reason.
I'm going. (: As Len Kagamine with an Imitation Black Kaito.
Saihate is offline   Reply With Quote