Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Marketplace > Commissions for Hire (Props/Other)

Unread 02-07-2018, 05:35 PM   #1
Kyengen

Light up aura, magic, psychic, power and ki props

Hey all,

I'm Ky (Kyen, or Kyengen), I've been cosplay for a long time now, prop maker for not quite as long. Lately I've been experimenting with power and energy blast props. I'm not going to claim to be brilliant at it, but they're chugging along nicely, so I wanted to open up the floor to some commissions. Before getting into the meat of it, here's a sample of some of things I've been working on as of late. Photo's aren't exactly professional quality I know, but this is kind an exploratory post so bear with me.

And a current work in progress, a prototype for Psylocke's psychic knife:

Each item is hollow plastic, covered with a translucent thermoplastic. When off, they have a dull silver appearance, and no color to speak of, all coloring comes from the LEDs. They are equipped with rechargeable batteries that are good for about four hours at a time.

Important stuff if you'd like a commission:

Pricing: $100-$200 on average
I'm not asking for a down payment. Simply because I'm still in the research and development phase of this little endeavor, I don't exactly what I can and can't do. I'll do my best to keep the cost down though. And I don't mind a little haggling or bargaining.

Size: To Be Determined
Most of my stuff so far is between 18 and 30 inches. The weight is at the base so it's easier to hold. I can change the size as needed.

Colors: Red, Blue, Green, Purple, Yellow, White
If you have an item in mind that doesn't cleanly fit into one of those five colors let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Environment: The construction is primarily thermally reactive materials, so try to avoid prolonged exposure. The lights will be highly visible in all but direct sunlight.

Includes: The power, battery, and charger. Again, the batteries I'm currently using are good for about 4 hours before they need to be charged.

A quick addendum, as I said above, I'm still in the R&D stages, so if there is something you'd like see, though not necessarily order, send me a picture or a link or something and I'll what I can do about it.

Currently planned projects include:
- Optic Blasts / Heat Vision
- Lightning
- Fully illuminated magic Lasso (not EL wire cause frankly it's too dim)
- Magic Wand attachments
- Muzzle flash attachments for prop guns
- Green lantern style energy projections

So that's about it. If you have any questions or comments, leave em here or hit me up at Kyengen@gmail.com

Little bonus: This was the type I used for my own M. Bison Pycho Power cosplay. This will be the next piece I remake, so I'll post pictures of those in a comment later. Same goes for any future projects.

Last edited by Kyengen : 02-08-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Kyengen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2018, 02:45 PM   #2
Kyengen

As promised, here is the M. Bison Psycho power upgrade and premiered at Wondercon Anaheim.

Last edited by Kyengen : 04-10-2018 at 05:39 PM.
Unread 04-10-2018, 03:35 PM   #3
Asmaria
The Ruby Knight Julius

OH WOW. *_* I'd definitely actually be really interested in lightning. What do you think you could do with something like this?
http://www.gamingesports.com/wp-cont...1521194133.png
http://gameir.ie/wp-content/uploads/...31-750x400.jpg
http://document.nintendo-difference....d376654078.jpg

I realize making smaller strands is pretty impossible, but what I'm visualizing is somewhere between the first and last image, like a tangible ball to hold/throw. I think it'd be pretty cool.

Do you think you'd be able to make something like that by August?

Future cons:
A-kon
SnK - Erwin Smith
P5 - Ryuji Sakamoto, Skull
.hack//IMOQ - Elk
P4 - Dojima
BNHA - Denki (Hero), Iida (Hero)

Animefest - TBD
San Japan - Probably P5
Asmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2018, 04:56 PM   #4
Kyengen

Lightning has unfortunately been my white whale so far just because I haven't yet found an efficient way to move the light in an erratic pattern like that. However if you want a something like a ball with a light in the center and then the ...electric tendrils (I guess? The sparky bits) coming off of it, that's completely doable. Something akin to rounder version of this:

I'm thinking an round diffusion sphere in the middle with the tendrils arcing around and off of it, ideally pulling some of the light from inside with a clear base plate so it looks to be floating, similar to what I have on the two blue powers listed up above. I'll message all this too you as well, might be easier to talk there.

Last edited by Kyengen : 04-10-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Unread 04-10-2018, 05:07 PM   #5
Asmaria
The Ruby Knight Julius

THAT IS DOABLE! That one looks so cool!! I'll check your PM! Thanks!

Future cons:
A-kon
SnK - Erwin Smith
P5 - Ryuji Sakamoto, Skull
.hack//IMOQ - Elk
P4 - Dojima
BNHA - Denki (Hero), Iida (Hero)

Animefest - TBD
San Japan - Probably P5
Asmaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2018, 01:54 PM   #6
Kyengen

Update: I made a new thing. Todoroki's Ice power in full arm gauntlet form.

Technically I made several but this is working the best so far. Also the person I made it for debut'd it so I can share it. It's a cascade of 3d printed parts linked together in a manica style (Roman armor) and lit from underneath. I airbrushed a little extra blue on the exterior so that it'd still have the ice effect even when the lights are switched off or the the thing is in direct sunlight.

Last edited by Kyengen : 05-23-2018 at 02:33 PM.
Unread 06-27-2018, 08:01 PM   #7
Kyengen

Update: This one is small but it gets the job done. Scoutfly lantern: