Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 08-28-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
ToasterPuppy

21 Birthdays~

My 21st birthday is tomorrow and its gonna be epic except for one of my mine girl friends is feeling sick. Hopefully she will feel better. Though after tomorrow I will finally get to join all the fun moments after dark at fife and drum.~

So does any one have some epic 21st b-day stories?
In Progress for 2013 ASTL:
Sister Evelyn from THE FALL (85%)
Fix It Felix JR (85%)
Deviantart: http://moonchildladyshadow.deviantart.com/

Their greatest error was thinking that they could make us into willing puppets who would fill the thankless
role of your everyday villain without complaint... They were wrong!
ToasterPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 10:34 PM   #2
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Mine's epic in an odd way.
I'm a December birthday and working retail, that meant I'd be damn lucky to get time to celebrate (and legal drinking age here is 19, so 21 isn't a big deal). So for my 21st I just went out to dinner with my mom at my favourite buffet restaurant. We were just about done our dinners, when lo and behold, in comes the psychopathic divorced ex-husband of my Mom/ex-stepdad of me. Mom's still got ongoing court cases with him, so when she went up to confront him about needing his address, he (and this is what she says, I didn't SEE it happen, but there's enough witnesses to verify it) says "F*** you, C***" and shoves her into one of the serving bars. Mom rights herself back up and went "You just ruined your dinner, I'm calling the cops on you". ....and she called the police, and got the bastard arrested on assault charges. And since he also had about eight outstanding warranties on him at the same time...
Yeah. THAT was a decent birthday present. The man is an absolutely disgusting person who ruins the lives of everyone he's come into contact with. Rotting in jail is the only thing he deserves. And he got it, on my birthday. XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 12:06 AM   #3
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

man my 21st....god, what DID i do? i dont even rememeber lol..im acctually sitting here trying to think..(its been about 2 minutes now) nope cant remember..o well
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 03:27 AM   #4
Lonefox
Akari-kun

On my actual 21st birthday I don't think I did much of anything. Later I went out to a bar with some friends, but on my actual birthday I think I just sat around -.-
"Technically it's not crossplaying..."
Lonefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 06:06 AM   #5
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Age 21 might be important to you americans, but not to many others, so I'll tell you about my 23rd birthday instead. (I didn't really ever celebrate my birthday until then, despite the drinking age being 19 here.)

Well, I'll keep it short.

-Too much booze.
-My one friend got us to sit at a bachelorette party.
-Me leaving early because my insides were trying to escape.
-Said friend almost slept with the bride to be.
-Worst hangover I ever had.

You know, the typical "drunk" story you usually hear.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 06:22 AM   #6
NaitoNii
Endless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToasterPuppy View Post
My 21st birthday is tomorrow and its gonna be epic except for one of my mine girl friends is feeling sick. Hopefully she will feel better. Though after tomorrow I will finally get to join all the fun moments after dark at fife and drum.~

So does any one have some epic 21st b-day stories?
My 21st birthday was on the the 21st of August ^^ I hadn't planned anything at all, except for sleeping. Then my friends invited themselves over and it turned into a Halo: Reach bloodbath. We just had a low-budget B-day party :P Console games, music in the background and a lot of soda and chips =)

And a shitload of laughter at how we kept killing each other off in Matchmaking ^^

http://naitonii.wordpress.com/
http://www.youtube.com/NaitoNii
NaitoNii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #7
leeleeleelee
X-Force Intern

I hired a cover band that played "Under the Sea" from The Little Mermaid when I turned 21 at Midnight. It's all a blur after that.
Tron (Tron Legacy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangochutney View Post
...what the actual hell. I think you've just guaranteed your romantic doom here.
leeleeleelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 08:54 AM   #8
pltshp
i did what i have to do

No 21st birthday for me yet, but I'll tell you about my 18th since that's the legal drinking age here.

I was in Spain. My mum and I went to Port Aventura, a theme park we went to back in my childhood. It was boiling hot, we went on some rides, had a good time and so on. At night, we went back to the hotel. I had some Cokes but no alcohol, even though it was legal... I was too much of a pussy to try it for the first time. And then we went to bed.

PARTY HARD.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #9
Shifty Llama
llama

Although 21st birthdays arent a big deal in canada cause drinking age is 19 i still had a hillariously awesome 21st. my family and our dates etc decided it would be a great idea t g to medieval times mostly because there are only two ages of people who have brithdays there, young kids and old people with young grandkids. We all dressed up in hillarious clothing to look medieval ish and we were cheering and being roudy but in a good way (the staff commented that they wish more people got that into the experience as it is suposed to be that way)

the best part was when the chancellor was reading out the birthday annoucements and all he had read were like 6-10 then he reads my name pauses ...is turning 21?....then looks over at and and says thats you guys over in the red and yellow section isnt it, twas kind of hillarious good times often it is fun to revistit childhood things when your older and can apreciate them in a different way!
Shifty Llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 09:41 AM   #10
NaitoNii
Endless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty Llama View Post
Although 21st birthdays arent a big deal in canada cause drinking age is 19 i still had a hillariously awesome 21st. my family and our dates etc decided it would be a great idea t g to medieval times mostly because there are only two ages of people who have brithdays there, young kids and old people with young grandkids. We all dressed up in hillarious clothing to look medieval ish and we were cheering and being roudy but in a good way (the staff commented that they wish more people got that into the experience as it is suposed to be that way)

the best part was when the chancellor was reading out the birthday annoucements and all he had read were like 6-10 then he reads my name pauses ...is turning 21?....then looks over at and and says thats you guys over in the red and yellow section isnt it, twas kind of hillarious good times often it is fun to revistit childhood things when your older and can apreciate them in a different way!
Where do I sign up for such an awesome Birthday?! O.O I wanna go Medieval too

http://naitonii.wordpress.com/
http://www.youtube.com/NaitoNii
NaitoNii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 10:38 AM   #11
Lt.Finn
Cupcake Lord

The only good things I got from my 21st birthday were my best friend and a desire to never drink again.

I spent the first 7 hours in the hospital with my mom. I went to dinner that night with my "friends" who brought their friends. Nobody got me a present. Nobody got me a card. Nobody offered to pay for my dinner. Nobody said anything about "how is my mom after her surgery." And I think the only reason they cared it was my birthday, was so they could attempt to get me trashed and humiliate me. Someone's boyfriend suggested we go bowling after dinner. I was all psyched up for that, but we had to wait in the bar at the alley FOR AN HOUR while the one girl and her BF had sex in their car. Then my "friends" made ME buy a pitcher of beer and nagged me to drink it. Then I got tricked into karaoke, which normally wouldn't be a bad thing, except I had to try to not puke all over the friend of a "friend" who was singing with me. I spent 10 minutes in the bathroom pretending to be sick so someone would take me home and the only person who came to check on me was the friend of a "friend" who I sang with. SHE IS MY BEST FRIEND NOW AND I CALL HER MY BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER.

This coming birthday is the important one anyway. I'll be 22 on the 22nd (of October!) HAPPY MAGICAL BIRTHDAY! And I'm not getting suckered into things I don't want to do like the last two. I'm going to see a show I WANT to see and eat at a restaurant I WANT to eat at and I'm inviting people I WANT to come with me. And everyone will be required to get me a card. I don't care if there's anything in it. Cards are 99cents. Get me one. Write "Happy Birthday Sam" in it and we'll be square. Can't afford to see a show? Say "Happy Birthday Sam" and GO ALONG YOUR MERRY WAY.
Lt.Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 11:38 AM   #12
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

My 21st birthday I was sick with a cold (end of December), so no excitingness for that birthday. I don't really see the desire to make someone drink until they puke. My friends wanted to do that to me, but luckily since I got sick, I had to cancel.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 11:40 AM   #13
Pocketfightr
Merc who grants wishes

Got drunk at a bar (had to wait until midnight as my birthday was on a Sunday and we wanted to celebrate Saturday night) and stayed at a friend's boyfriend's house. We watched Fight Club, which I had not watched before. The movie confused me and I didn't see a single one of those flickers of Brad Pitt on the screen during the movie.
Nene (Bubblegum Crisis) -eventually?

2015 Cons:
Acen
Dragon*Con
Nebraskon
Pocketfightr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 12:05 PM   #14
Lithium Flower
Handphones

My 21st was pretty bland, and frankly the previous 4 where as well.

My 22nd birthday (july 25th) was however, pretty amazing. Considering that I hadn't seen my boyfriend in a month prior to me coming back my birthday party just felt all the better. My boyfriends birthday and mine are very close together so we celebrated them at once. One party with his family, one with our friends and on the day of my actual birthday (his is the 18th) me and him had a date.

Funny enough, everyone else drank on my birthday but us, I don't drink at all anyway and neither does he.

Just remember to be safe when you are drinking, A few people I know have lost someone to alcohol poisoning on their 21st birthday. Even at a convention I was at a young girl was celebrating her birthday at the hotel bar and had her drink spiked :/
◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #15
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Mine was completely calm. I went to the market to legally buy some wine coolers, and had cupcakes with my boyfriend. Then I went to the city to have dinner at Benihana's with my family, and ordered my first legal drink at a restaurant. haha. I didn't get together with my friends to get wasted.

Funny thing though, I turned 19 while I was in Canada. That's the legal age there, yet I didn't drink at all!