Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Unread 08-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #11836
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Kiggi- words can not describe how gorgeous your Cinderella dress is turning out! Seriously its utterly mind blowingly beautiful! I like the little puff sleeves on it as its a nice little original touch!
Unread 08-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #11837
kiggi

aww sharnie and furie! thanks!

sharnie, i hope when you do get to snow white it turns out lovely
kiggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #11838
Aurora's Heart

Sorry, I'm lurking again. ^_^'

Welcome to the newbies

Furie- I'm sorry this is late, but I love the progress you have going. It's gonna be great. I also love that 50's dress.

Kiggi- Love your Cindy!!!!! Can't wait to see it all done. Definently one of the best Cindy's I've ever seen.

Still trying to get my costuming motivation back. I think I'm halfway done with the line embroidery on my Rapunzel skirt. I actually love how it's turning out. It looks just like the pics. (well in my opinion anyway )
Unread 08-14-2012, 12:17 AM   #11839
LKD
Is a princess!!

Omg Thankuu! I'm having a hard time following some tutorials but yours is more helpful xD
Unread 08-14-2012, 03:38 AM   #11840
nessabutterfly

Designing a wedding dress. Do I go crazy big like Giselle's or more classic like Cinderella. Hubby just promised me a big 10th anniversary recommitment ceremony. Only 11.5 months to plan!! (Our wedding cost under $1000! I get a dream dress and professional photographer this time around! And a HONEYMOON-- we never had one!)

So which princess should I impersonate?
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 06:39 AM   #11841
Sharnie

Myself, I'm a Giselle type person, the poofier the skirt the more impressive the dress. But that's just me. I hope your recommitment party is even more spectacular than you imagine it to be.
Belle's provincial blue dress - for myself - started.
Kida - for my sister
Snow White - for myself
Sharnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 09:07 AM   #11842
kiggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKD View Post
Omg Thankuu! I'm having a hard time following some tutorials but yours is more helpful xD
the pockets? yeah i looked at the ones you posted and i was confused! glad this helps!! i modified it when i got better at them, but they make a nice pocket and are supported at the waist so they dont pull the dress weird when you have a camera in the pocket

nessa! oooh how fun!!! im going to say giselle too! but cinderella is a lovely option too!
Unread 08-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #11843
Seifer-sama

@ Kiggi: I don't think you recognized me but I commented on your Cinderella dress via Suzie Blue's facebook. Anyway. I just wanted to let you know that I just love your dress. It is coming out so lovely!! You must be so proud.

@ Aurora's Heart: I totally hear you! It's so hard to be motivated sometimes. I hope you find it though!

@ nessabutterfly: Congratulations! How exciting for you!! I really want to vote for Giselle, but I have to admit I am a little torn. :P

Rapunzel Update: Still hand embroidering the last panel but I am almost done. I am working on the last symbol and I ran out of floss. I am going to try and swing by the store today and pick up some more so I can finish it this week! I am so excited. Good luck on your stuff too everyone else!!

Current Projects:
Maleficent - 80%
Howl - 10%
Hyrule Warriors Zelda - 40%
Rapunzel - Tangled - 60%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 40%

Planned Projects:
Kain - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #11844
kiggi

haha no i didnt! its so hard to remember everyones names from place to place!! thank you so much!!!! if i had time i might consider making a snow white dress, but ive been slowly chipping away at this dress since may? its funny, i have nothing at all to do but my dress this week and i dont want to work on it lol!

ooh i cant wait to see your done!!!!
Unread 08-14-2012, 12:37 PM   #11845
LadySasha
formally RuhiNunchuck

Nessa~ Oh how exciting!!! I'd vote cinderella esque!! It's pretty and fluffy without being too much I'm so happy for your guys congrats!! And good luck with the planning!!!

Seifer ~ Yay! Can't wait to see it finished.

SO I finally got around to taking pictures of my Ariel wig (they're still awful pictures because everywhere I go in this house is so darned bright but here's the wig (unstyled obviously)

Annnnd I was going through my fabrics and found this casa satin:

Do you think it would work for the skirt for her Kiss the Girl dress?

I also have this really pretty black velvet I'm going to use for her corset thingy. Just have to get the blouse fabric, if the blue would work for the skirt...

~Upcoming Cons & Costumes~
Holiday Matsuri 2013 - Anna (Frozen), Peppermint Parlor Bunny
EvilCon 2014 - TBD
Megacon - Sakizou Celes, Red Bimbette Caludia (Beauty and the Beast)
Bellecon 2014 - Scanty (SaSwGB)

Facebook * Deviantart
LadySasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #11846
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Sasha- I love that wig for Ariel!! Good luck with keeping the curls nice and tidy! As for the fabrics, I reckon you could get away with it. its a tad on the shiny side, but I reckon you'd still be able to get away with it

Aurora- aww thank you!! I did the big rookie mistake (again) with my tail and ended up making it against the stretch instead of with the stretch DOH! So I gotta put in an invisible zip after all! Luckily I cans till get it on and off again, but I gotta be careful.. still gotta pull it in quite a bit at the bottom, but I wanna do all the once I got the fabric for the fluke, then I cna just work straight through with it lol
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:08 PM   #11847
garnetprincess
Disney Princess

Hi everyone,
I've been lurking on the thread for a while now and finally decided to say something.

I'm currently revving up to make a cinderella costume and I have the fabric, but am not sure what to do about a petticoat. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might find a very very full one for pretty cheap?
garnetprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #11848
abrahamnoel

Terence from Pixie Hollow

I'm looking for someone to commission a costume of Terence from the Tinkerbell movies.

Mainly looking for someone who can construct his outfit and shoes. Even his hat if possible. But if someone with the skills for his bag and hat could handle those... then sure! ^^ I would prefer someone in southern Texas, so they could do actual fittings.

References pics:
http://i51.tinypic.com/autgxy.jpg
(only one I could find from the film)

Park pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/skeleto...gs/4140410256/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_wendy_bird/4060969196/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_wendy_bird/4060969196/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/21652490@N06/4068633080/
abrahamnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #11849
kiggi

ebay! not sure if you are looking for a hoop petticoat or a net one... but they have both! my dress a page back is on 180 in hoops (7 tier)
Unread 08-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #11850
Seifer-sama

@ Kiggi: Thanks! I would love to be done with something. I should have added you on Facebook right then and there, but I was afraid you wouldn't know who i was and deny me. :P But yes, i have a hard time remember screen names and real names. :P

@ Lady Shasa: Thanks! I love your Ariel pieces and that fabric is super lovely. I think it would work just fine.

@ garnetprincess: Welcome. I second eBay for your petticoat. I have found a few very cheap ones and I am sure there are some as full as you are looking for.

Current Projects:
Maleficent - 80%
Howl - 10%
Hyrule Warriors Zelda - 40%
Rapunzel - Tangled - 60%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 40%

Planned Projects:
Kain - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote