Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Unread 11-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #13366
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

those patterns are now on the site! I just bought mine. Simplicity patterns are always 40% off at Jo-anns. at least the one i work at are......
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #13367
Elycium

I just picked up the Simplicity pattern because I needed the snowflake designs for my h/a Elsa and I'm just not good at drawing symmetrical things. The cashier gave me a rather exasperated look, which was rather amusing. Still, its a great pattern to have on hand, just for the embroidery / applique patterns alone.

Planned 2018 New Cosplays: Percy de Rolo (Critical Role) / Inquisitor Lavellan (Dragon Age Inquisition) / Keith (Voltron Legendary Defender) / Mollymauk (Critical Role 2)
Elycium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2014, 10:45 PM   #13368
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

Awww man! It's been forever since I've posted here! I recently started a princess party business, so I've made a ton of new Disney costumes, However I'm most excited to finish Anna and Kristoff! We're planning on having a shoot this winter in a local Bavarian town and I've been looking at tons of cute poses! Here's a pin board of what I have so far, any more ideas?

Also here are the costumes! Kristoff's top is pretty much done, just need to make pants now and Anna needs to finish the skirt and make the cape. The corset is my first time with steel bones and I really love it!
Unread 11-18-2014, 02:33 AM   #13369
Satine

http://www.arrayedindreams.com/2014/...n-a-time-elsa/

I did a thing. I need to do a part two as I have 466 screen caps from 5 episodes now as well
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2014, 08:53 PM   #13370
Elycium

It took me forever to draft this thing out! I swear, when I'm done with all of these, I'm just going to scan them into the computer so anyone else crazy enough to tackle Shoomlah's Elsa doesn't have to suffer the way I did! XD

Planned 2018 New Cosplays: Percy de Rolo (Critical Role) / Inquisitor Lavellan (Dragon Age Inquisition) / Keith (Voltron Legendary Defender) / Mollymauk (Critical Role 2)
Unread 11-27-2014, 08:59 PM   #13371
AngelicLuka
Cosplayer

I am planning on doing the Cinderella dress form the 2015 Live Action movie, and am a bit stumped on what fabrics to use for it, any ideas anyone?

http://lily-james.com/photos/display...436&fullsize=1
AngelicLuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #13372
Psycho Sukafu
Rhetti~

Hmm, I love to take apart outfits and figure out their materials. ^_^

Starting from the bottom:
Petticoat/under skirt could be cotton voile. Cheaper replacement could be broadcloth although it would not be as sheer.

Shiny layer is a type of organza. Look for Mirror or crystal as a descriptor although I may be missing a better name. (I swear I've seen the correct material in a nearby fabric store, just in a different colour)

Top skirt layer is most likely a chiffon. Some organzas may also be soft enough to flow like that a may be less annoying to sew with. Chiffon is really difficult to handle.

Bodice is probably a type of bridal satin. Without seeing how reflective it is hard to tell if it overlaid with one of the sheers as well. Might be a personal choice on whether you did or not?

Neckline is either the same chiffon as the skirt or a matching organza. Depends on how it moves.

Best of luck! This looks like many layers of material to wrangle.
Unread 11-28-2014, 10:44 PM   #13373
Satine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDoV9_V7pm8
My new Elsa fabric <3 I corrected the hue in the video but it looks like the thumbnails didn't get updated. However the actual video is now very true to colour. My custom dyed sequins and netting (both the bridal tulle for over the entire gown and the undershirt power net) is all adout right but I want to go one shade darker for the dress itself. And attempt to ombre dye the hem. It is there it's just more obvious in the publicity shorts and still than in the movie.

Today I have also assembled my gown lining and got the bodice ready for boning and final fitting. To help with this I'm also employing a few couture techniques and using stay elastic at the upper bodice edge. All I can say is thank goodness they made her bodice ride so high- it's narrower than any other bust measurement (except underbust for me) which means I won't have to rely too much on boning to hold it up.
The lining lines up well so I'm also going to insert some bust enhancers. The fabric should hold up well. The current range of dresses I've seen these in vary for super mega reinforced bridal bodices to slip on knit dresses. I'll try and get some piccies in progress

I have my new wig properly braided. I had to take it out twice, or three times? Anyway the last time I was able to use full on long clips and hair spray and a razor to cut the fringe. Woot. So pretty. I barely need to do any work straitening as I can pin the super fine ends in to the plait Next I need to spritz then blast the front with a hair drying to eliminate a lot of stray strands.
Unread 11-30-2014, 01:44 AM   #13374
Satine

http://youtu.be/zJkJbssSaaA

New dyeing success! Since hen I have pressed and pinned the tulle and sequin layers. I really wanted to keep the full on SPARKLE!!! but I know how it will look if I didn't put the tulle over. The good thing about the tulle is that it is an inbuilt shader- the sparkle is still pretty sharp at the top of the skirt but fades out towards the hem.

In effect this winds up making a colour very similar to the OUaT costume but without import charges on super pricey fabric!

When I am less lightheaded (I'm not well atm and about to have some fairly intense therapy- antibodies on an IV line for a day, whee!!!) I'll do a proper recipe mix for fabric and dye. Luckily I managed fairly consistent dye-water premixes.

I unfortunately was unable to wear even my back up costume this weekend, but do fully intend to this coming weekend Infusion aside. Though it really does make me extremely passionate about helping kids who are dealing with what I do- it sucks as an adult and only gets worse with time. So starting as a kid.. any help or support is so incredibly valuable.
Unread 12-01-2014, 07:50 PM   #13375
ayaasan

Hello A bit more "old school", but my friends and I are planning on a Darkwing Duck gijinka group for Wondercon next year and I wanted to share my progress!~ Just need to paint and seal the mask and get started on that ridiculous hat. (I'm also having the gas gun commissioned, *yay*) I'd love your opinion, too! Do you think I should keep the dance tights? Or go with white tights?

Check out my Tumblr for more up-to date cosplay progress
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2014, 05:44 PM   #13376
HoneyBonnie
nico nico smile

Obscure cosplay time!! My blue maid dress came in for maid Stitch, experiment 626. I have a super cute stitch hat so all i need is my wig, my tail, and my shoes. Finding blue shoes is gonna be tough xux
I want my gf to use her pink maid dress and wig to do maid angel but she doesn't like lilo and stitch -sobs-

Also starting to think about an Anna cosplay or Princess vanellope cosplay! I wanna be princess vanellope so bad ;; but that dress would be insane to make and transport and move in so Anna is more likely going to be made before Princess Vanellope.

Bonnie the Bunny (Five Nights At Freddy's) 100
Nico Yazawa -Circus-(SIP) 90%
Nico Yazawa -Pajama- (SIP) 100%
Nico Yazawa -Vday unidolised- (SIP) 100%
Sulley (Monsters University) 5%
Dook LaRue (The Rock Afire Explosion) 0%
Nico Yazawa -Maid Cafe- (SIP) 100%
Kinu/Selkie (FE Fates) 30%
Nico Yazawa -Marine- (SIP) 90%
Nico Yazawa -Cyber-(SiP) 30%
HoneyBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2014, 01:13 AM   #13377
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

I finished Elsa last night and had a photo shoot this morning! (:
No real photos yet but here's a cell phone snap of the costume and the location!
Unread 12-06-2014, 09:51 AM   #13378
Elycium

Ichigo, that looks great! You definitely have the perfect setting for a shoot, too.

Unread 01-28-2015, 05:39 AM   #13379
Elycium

I've finally finished all of the applique for this, including the train/cape. Let me tell you, silk dupioni is both the most amazing and most frustrating fabric to work with. But the end result is so nice *-*

(please ignore how awful my room looks, we're in the middle of re-doing the whole thing including new wallpaper - just waiting til I finish Elsa to finish)

Unread 01-28-2015, 11:21 PM   #13380
Aurora's Heart

Elycium-That's looking good.

Progress on my Anna and Elsa coronation dresses is going well. All I need to finish my Anna corset is to add the sleeves and zipper. The wig still needs styling, but I finally have all the material to finish the skirt. I have cut out the pantaloons and petticoat, though I will have to dye the material for the petticoat. I have cut all the ribbon for the skirt and have one completed with the embroidery and started on the next one.

My friends Elsa progress is almost ready to start embroidering. I have the cape cut and sewn, the blue part of the dress is ready and I just have to sew the black part of the dress together. I will probably do one more fitting on my friend before I start embroidering.

I just need to cut out the dresses for my best friends daughters, make the Elsa gloves and a couple last minute finishes that cannot be completed untill the embroidery is finished. I gave myself a goal of making sure the dresses were ready to embroider by the end of this month and I think I will only be behind by a couple of days. Not bad for a procrastinator. I then have two whole months to embroider the dresses and get ready for my convention in April. I have to say I'm really excited about this and hopefully will have some progress pics to show by the end of the week.