Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 12-28-2013, 02:32 AM   #11836
kirilee

As I am new to cosplaying, I can't say that I have started losing weight because of it... however, as my first con is coming up and I plan on doing a kick arse cosplay, it sure is a motivator.

I'm not the lightest of people, and my body shape/ structure means that I will always be broad in the shoulders for a girl and I have hips and a bum. As I got older, I realised that I actually have a bit of an hourglass figure (though not extreme - damnit). Basically, I've got curves. I always will have curves.

Anyway, about halfway through this year, I almost got to my highest weight ever. However since then, I have lost over 10kg (22 pounds). Still counting. I'm hoping to lose between 5-10kg before the convention I am planning to attend in late March.

Next convention: Supernova - Perth, Australia

kirilee is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-07-2016, 01:10 PM   #11837
gh19662016
60's Green Hornet Fan

Glad I found this thread.

Losing weight to get healthy again, as well as look good in the cosplay costume I am putting together.

I want to be a much fitter 1960's Green Hornet, with the square jaw I once had. Needless to say, I'm waiting on the hat and coat once I get down to my desired weight.

Plus, getting to my goal weight will give me more confidence to show off my costume.

Had 2 big health scares, back to back, a couple of months ago that forced me to change my eating and exercising habits for good. So this time it's permanent! I consider dressing up as the 1960's Green Hornet a big reward for me in a few months.
gh19662016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2016, 08:44 AM   #11838
CelestialAries
Celestial Princess

Definitely getting into idol anime has made me want to reformat my body a little bit! I'm awfully muscular, and there's not really changing that, but I'm a little chubby with my arms and belly. Since idol outfits are so cute it makes me want to shape up a little bit so I can look extra cute as my favourite idols. <3
* Anime Iowa (July 28th - 30th)
CelestialAries is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2016, 05:49 PM   #11839
CaptPeralta

If you have a sweet tooth, I've had some luck with Halo Top ice cream. Very tasty but there's some good protein and a lot less calories than ice cream usually has. I'll have some after a workout sometimes and I don't have to worry about completely negating the day's effort.
CaptPeralta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2017, 03:11 PM   #11840
Kat_A

Before I did my last cosplay I was really motivated to eat super healthy, mostly fresh fruits and vegetables. But after I cosplayed I was still in that habit of eating healthy and have acquired a taste for fresh fruits and veggies that processed food doesn't satisfy!
Kat_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2017, 12:16 AM   #11841
luckystarday

I had ever tried this before. But this would do little help for me. So when I cosplay, I would like to choose custom made, which would be best fit on myself.
luckystarday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2017, 08:15 PM   #11842
FemNorway

I go walking a lot especially downtown, where the con is located!
FemNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2017, 09:18 AM   #11843
valchiria

I try to stay fit for myself, not for anyone else or anything - like cosplay. Yes, hoping to show a nice body when cosplaying can be a motivation to loose weight, but remember your health is more important.
valchiria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2017, 10:31 PM   #11844
GreyMelancholy
Serial Procrastinator

I'm at a pretty normal weight, but am the definition of "skinnyfat". A lot of other Asians are, actually (apparently some girls don't really exercise because they don't want muscle). In any case most of the flab is on my belly, and when I slouch I get these unseemly two red lines o^o;

I do think I need to gain some muscle tone, but I'm going to watch my caloric intake for a while to cut down on the fat a bit first. I've never really felt comfortable wearing a bikini, and I'd like to do some cosplays that expose the stomach so there's that aspect for motivation.

Moemura- Madoka Magica
Midori- Fire Emblem Fates
Hades Izanami- BlazBlue
GreyMelancholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2017, 10:58 PM   #11845
Slapthefatcat
The man with the guns.

Cosplay is motivation for me more because I don't really like to take pictures of myself, except in cosplay. So I see progress, or lack thereof, in my cosplay pics. I look a lot better as Goku when I am smaller, even with the outfit I made for when I was bigger.
Of course, there is motivation in that I want to look as awesome as possible at cons and not be self-conscious.
Hiccup (HTTYD: The Hidden World) - Otakon 2018

Slapthefatcat Cosplays
Southern Maryland Cosplayers Group (Anyone can join)
Slapthefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2017, 12:24 AM   #11846
Respawning

Currently, cosplay is my main motivation, but my overall goal is just to get fit and strong again. I used to be a varsity athlete many moons ago, but have since stopped being very active. Add to that reaching my 30's and having 2 babies, and I am back to 0 in terms of fitness. I want to feel like I look good, and am strong. Looking good in my cosplays is like the carrot on the stick to actually get me out the door.

Completed costumes:Commander Shepard, Steampunk Valkyrie OC, Tiefling Sorcerer OC, Morrigan, Thor, Daenerys Targaryen, Steampunk OC, Ciri
Future costumes: Aloy, Maleficent, Satyr/Faun OC, Galadriel, DC Bombshells Batwoman, Art Nouveau mermaid, Felmmigan (Morrigan/Flemeth) Dragon Age
Working on: ??

Instagram, Facebook, Facebook Group
Respawning is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2017, 09:15 AM   #11847
gypsy_girl
Fan Girl

Cosplay is only part of my motivator. I've had a few health problems over the last couple of years, I'm slowly feeling better and able to go to the gym and do more than just walk. But I haven't let the fact that I'm overweight stop me from cosplaying.

The Thing (1982)
(the missing word was 'imitation')
gypsy_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2017, 02:31 PM   #11848
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Can't seem to figure out how the hell calorie counting works anymore. Literally everything is hundreds of calories now, and exercise machines can't give you a number for some stupid reason. We have an eliptical and a glider, and neither of them have numbers that match literally anything I've seen online. Worse, the glider get's up to like 800+calories lost in 20 min, yet everything I read shows I'm ony losing like 200 or less, so it's showing me 4x what everywhere else is. On top of that, literally every single site has numbers showing at least 100 calories difference from eachother.

How the hell am I suppose to know my calorie intake for the day if nothing can give me the same number as another place. Everything is different..Usually by a LOT.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2017, 11:13 AM   #11849
my_dark
really should be sewing~

I use the TDEE calculator below to figure out how many calories I need per day. This gave me the most accurate number (it was very close to the number I got from my dietitian too).

http://zstrengthfit.com/wp/rmr-tdee-calculator/

I've found that the best app/website (for me) for calorie counting is My Fitness Pal. But you have to input things in very specifically to get an accurate count. However, I only use it for tracking calories and I don't follow their "recommended daily calories" amount as it's usually lower than I need.

You'll find that weight loss is mostly affected by what you eat. You can't out-train a bad diet. But exercise will definitely help you feel and move better!
Unread 11-22-2017, 03:34 PM   #11850
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_dark View Post
I use the TDEE calculator below to figure out how many calories I need per day. This gave me the most accurate number (it was very close to the number I got from my dietitian too).

http://zstrengthfit.com/wp/rmr-tdee-calculator/

I've found that the best app/website (for me) for calorie counting is My Fitness Pal. But you have to input things in very specifically to get an accurate count. However, I only use it for tracking calories and I don't follow their "recommended daily calories" amount as it's usually lower than I need.

You'll find that weight loss is mostly affected by what you eat. You can't out-train a bad diet. But exercise will definitely help you feel and move better!
Well I went there, and I can't honestly say it's correct. It for how much exercise, it's extremely vague.."Light" and "Moderate" and so on are not specific enough for it to know what I'm doing. I can't say light because it shows only like 2 days a week, when I do every day. But I can't pick moderate (which is 6-7 days) because there's no way to tell it how much I'm doing each day. So it can't possibly give me an accurate reading if you can't tell it what you're even doing. I mean thanks and all, but I've just given up on reading literally any site. Not one of them you can input all the needed information to get an actual accurate reading.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote