Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Unread 10-21-2017, 08:57 PM   #3811
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Hello my lovies! It's been some time, but I heard Wondercon and had to pop on over (╯✧∇✧)╯ I've dropped a lot of cons this year but one of my definite ones will always be Wondercon, I just love it so much. Don't think I have anything to match y'all I don't have the days planned but I think at the moment I've got:

Blade of Marmora member or Axca from Voltron
Hawke from Dragon age

And I'm not sure if I'm going to have a normal day or what I think there was a plan but I honestly can't remember. I hope to see everyone at Wondercon though, it's been a while since I've seen everyone- and some people it would be for the first time!

Everyone's stuff looks awesome as usual, I'll have some new stuff coming eventually P:

Unread 10-21-2017, 09:58 PM   #3812
ayaasan

Tulipe: Howdy! Ooooh! I don't watch Voltron (it just wasn't my cup of tea), but I definitely have an appreciation for the armor in that show <3 Do you follow Arkady cosplay? Her stuff is gorgeous and she's working on Axca right now. My next major project is Queen Hippolyta from the Wonder Woman movie--we should totally trade our armor making stories I've never done armor other than pauldrons and a bracer so I'm excited/nervous.

And Emerald City is officially not happening. Oh well, haha. I'm definitely planning a return trip just for the city, though.

Now I need to figure out what to work on next: Jane (lots of fiddly hand sewing), Hippolyta (armor), or Holdo (simpler draping project)? @.@

Check out my Tumblr for more up-to date cosplay progress
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2017, 11:44 PM   #3813
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: Yes! I have seen it. One of my friends is a friend of hers so I've seen some pictures. I wanted to do Axca because I really liked her design, it was between her and Lotor and my friends convinced me to do her. But after the last season she didn't really DO anything so I haven't been able to connect with her as a character other than her having a cool design. I have cosplayed Keith, so I was debating on doing his armor, but I have difficulty pulling off guys these days and the armor is uncomfortable enough without all the extra binding and whatnot. P: I'm still debating.

Armor making! Ugh, I've never actually made armor so it'll be my first time. Go big or go home right?
Unread 10-22-2017, 10:38 AM   #3814
ayaasan

Tulipe: I've been wanting to do a large scale armor project for years and the new Wonder Woman movie design of Hippolyta had me freaking out--it even has a gorgeous fur trimmed, swishy cape! <3 When I went to Emerald City Comic Con I discovered the work of Downen Studios, that she had done this very costume, and that she actually sells her armor patterns!! Just...how much more of a push did I need? haha. I think I'm going to do a combination of foam and worbla (mainly worbla for the pieces that'll get more constant wear-and-tear, like around the collar.)

So...I've got about four months (give or take) to finish a Victorian gown, a full set of armor and a fancy space dress. I'd better get started *ack*

Last edited by ayaasan : 10-30-2017 at 12:53 PM.
Unread 11-06-2017, 11:21 PM   #3815
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

When do Wondercon tickets go on sale?

W.I.P:
Aurora 60th anniversary - Disney
Princess Deku - Drifiting by Stars art
Steampunk Ladybug - Miraculous Ladybug
Super Sailor Chibi Moon - Sailor Moon
Female Kylo Ren
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2017, 11:31 AM   #3816
ayaasan

Link: Nothing has been released yet. I've been checking the website, and I'm subscribed to the newsletter. CCI usually sends out an e-blast announcing the date. It's typically around late November, early December, though. (Which is killer diller on finances because I'll already be broke from Christmas *sigh*)

Just a very tiny tweak to my costume plans. (I know, I know. But this is the final modification, pinky swear. I have to get started now or else I'll be behind schedule.) I'll be bringing Dolores, Queen Hippolyta and Mary Poppins (Jolly Holiday) for full days, with Professor Trelawney as a back-up comfy costume So basically, I decided to do Mary instead of Jane and I had to drop Vice Admiral Holdo because the only fabric that I found/wanted to use was waaay out of my price range X.X

Exciting news, though? I got an ergonomic office chair for my sewing table Also, I'm waiting for the Cyber Monday sale on Amazon, but I'm finally investing in a serger!!!~ No more fake serging with a zig-zag stitch. It's going to come in crazy handy for all of that organza for Mary. I'm also starting to sew more casual jackets, dresses, etc and I can't wait to have a more professional finish.

Also, a sneak peek of what I made for my Wizarding World Orlando trip:

Last edited by ayaasan : 11-09-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Unread 11-09-2017, 05:39 PM   #3817
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

My situation for Wondercon has completely changed due to some unfortunate incidents! So I need like a whole new cosplay line-up. I think I'm going to do Dagna from Dragon Age since I can just run around bothering Inquisitors and don't need a group for that. I still might to a BOM character from Voltron but not 100% sure, it would kind of be fun to run around it but I'm not sure how big they'd be on masks at the moment. If anyone needs someone for a group cosplay let me know :]

@Ayaasan: That looks super cool! I love it! Did you get the fabric from Fabric.com?
Unread 11-09-2017, 08:25 PM   #3818
ayaasan

Tulipe: yup! I snatched a few yards when they had an overstock sale ($6/yard! ). I just couldn't pass it up when I saw that Slytherin was the only house that counted for the sale, score!

I think that Link wants to work on Aurora, if you want to do a Disney character? I'll be wearing Mary Poppins. Maybe for the Disney meet-up on Sunday? I think I remember that you wanted to work on Rapunzel No pressure, though. I'd love to hang out regardless

Unread 11-14-2017, 04:31 PM   #3819
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

Yay Disney! I also wouldn't mind trying to do something from Harry Potter

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren
Unread 11-14-2017, 07:45 PM   #3820
ayaasan

Link: cool beans! I had a "d'oh" moment when I remembered that the Disney gathering isn't until later on Sunday. I'll probably be in a comfy hoodie/jeans by then, haha. The second half of Sunday is mandatory comfy clothes for me so that I can relax after being in costume all weekend ^.~

Would half day Disney, then second half Harry Potter be okay on Saturday? (Since it's the longest day and we can change into comfier clothes after ballgowns? ) I can't WAIT to wear Professor Trelawney again. She's so much fun to get into character. Plus, I take advantage of how often I get told that I look like Emma Thompson just day-to-day, haha. I was thinking of wearing Dolores on Friday, and then Hippolyta for a half day on Sunday before changing into casual if anyone wants to do a Saloon Girl/cowgirl/host or an Amazon

Last edited by ayaasan : 11-14-2017 at 07:47 PM.
Unread 11-14-2017, 08:16 PM   #3821
LinkPwnsGanon
Lady Scarlett Cosplay

I'm up for it! I just need to figure out who I wanna be

W.I.P:
Female Kylo Ren
Unread 11-15-2017, 04:18 AM   #3822
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: I remember when that sale was happening it was so weird that it was only Slytherin I almost didn't believe it. I have so much fabric though I couldn't bring myself to buy any. x:

Oh man, I did want to do Rapunzel at one point. I never thought I'd get a chance. I've never done any corset work though. D: Or bodice work, like that anyway.

I still want to get my Fleur Beauxbatons outfit done to get some pictures with your Rita Skeeter if you ever cosplay that again? P: I'm always down for Harry Potter stuff.

Y'all I still haven't seen Wonder Woman (⊃д⊂)
Unread 11-15-2017, 10:20 AM   #3823
ayaasan

Tulipe:

The fabric sale was perfect timing. I always make a new outfit to wear to Wizarding World and I couldn't pass it up (The interacting with the cast members is too much fun not to dress up a bit, haha)

It's not too terribly difficult to do structured bodices--it's mostly patience since there are a lot of steps and practice. Mock-ups are crazy handy. I like to go to a thrift store and buy sheets to test the pattern fit first so that I don't mess up the expensive fabric I was about ready to throw my Dolores bodice out the window multiple times because of how finicky historical Victorian patterns are and I was so happy I was using my cheap mock-up fabric instead of my expensive linen, haha. If you need any pattern tips, let me know.

And I actually re-purposed most of Rita for other costumes, so she's kind of retired...sorry :-: She had a good run, though. I was considering working on Dragon Rita Skeeter (from the first task), but we'll see--I have extremely limited packing space since I'll be taking the train to this con and Hippolyta and Mary are going to take up a LOT of room, haha. I also kind of have limited finances because of my upcoming Disney World trip. Fleur would most definitely fit in with a Harry Potter group, though! You're most definitely welcome. I'll be wearing Professor Trelawney for the second half of Saturday, but I could also wear her for a bit on Friday night if that works better

And go see Wonder Woman, girl! It's soooo good! It honestly surprised me after all of the other DCEU movies being sooo...well...boring. (I fell asleep during the Superman movies and kept walking out and doing other things during BvS) The costumes in Wonder Woman are amazing. I was super torn between Hippolyta and Antiope, but Hippolyta won due to the cape, haha.

Unread 11-16-2017, 04:12 PM   #3824
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: I always try to bring something Harry Potter with me when I go but I've never done a full outfit. I always bring my Slytherin sweater though and I love when everyone comments.

If it's something with fancy or expensive fabrics I always buy some muslin and make mock ups or patterns. It's saved my life many a time. And is also how I managed my Keith jacket that I'm super proud of, even if it was a pain in the ass. I will go for you if I have any questions! I'm not sure if I want to do Rapunzel yet or if I want to do another character or something. I'm still debating.

You're taking the train for Wondercon?? It's okay about Rita, I wasn't sure if you were still doing her or not. I did want to do Quidditch Ginny at some point. I don't have any specific plans on days for my outfits at Wondercon. If there's a Dragon Age gathering I'd probably like to go to that so that's my only potential plan.

I haven't watch any of the new DC movies to be honest. I've never been a big fan of DC in the first place. A lot of people talked about Wonder Woman being really good but I just haven't had the chance to see it yet!
Unread 11-16-2017, 06:12 PM   #3825
ayaasan

Tulipe: Whatever you do, I'm sure it'll be awesome Wonder Woman is pretty much the only good thing I've seen from DC within the last few years. I love the classic Christopher Reeve's Superman (at least one and two, haha) and Keaton's Batman. And yup, I just take the train to Anaheim and then grab a taxi to the convention center