Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 10-30-2013, 01:01 AM   #241
Wolfmeisterrr

Well in a couple of days it will be the 31st waited pretty much 2 months almost a past a year for my commissioned item. Nothing
And as my previous post stated she is "behind".

Won't be getting my item anytime soon as the list she had posted a couple months of go
my commission being along one of the last ones along with jedi's.
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #242
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!

I don't think anyone will get their costumes in the near future if ever. I was going through the emails with Lycoris. One of the excuses that Mykaois gave Ly at one point was "I used the wrong type of boning. So I need to use the steel" she believed that plastic boning would hold what she was making despite I believe there was a request for STEEL boning. I could have told her from looking at it plastic boning would have been a terrible choice. So I also question her decisions as a commissioner saying she makes high quality. So why would you use plastic boning when they asked for steal and you have a quote to include steel boning. This also worries me if she takes short cuts to save money.

I attached a picture of the costume in question which all we've seen is the pattern.

Lycoris parents are now pushing her to post all the information here, and I've been helping her go through all of the emails $1000+ is a lot of money. So only a matter of time until we have details on two more commissions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1379827_513875192040664_827357890_n.jpg (53.6 KB, 0 views)

Fire Emblem: Selkie
Star Wars Rebels: Ahsoka Tano
Endrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #243
HoudinisGirl

I got a message from her too, here on Cosplay.com, talking about how she had helped me out with a scam commissioner last year. She says she doesn't appreciate me calling her a scam artist when she helped me out a year ago.

To clarify: last year I did order a "chesthugger" corset from Rage Custom Creations in August. Carlos never delivered my corset and never responded to any of my messages. He pretty much dropped off the face of the planet. By December, I got my lawyer on board and he gave Carlos several warnings to refund my money or face the consequences. I also spoke with Yaya Han, who had modeled the corset for Carlos, and she spoke with him very forcefully about how he was tarnishing her image by not delivering on a product she was endorsing. Lastly, Mykaios contacted me and advised that she had notified the head guy over at Florida SuperCon (where Carlos was the Cosplay Director) of what was going on. All these people helping me out did eventually pressure Carlos into refunding my money, which was a little over $260.

So yes, if Mykaios wants it known, she did help me in that situation with Rage Custom Creations, and I appreciate it. On the other hand, I never would have liked her Facebook page, entered her giveaway or paid her money if it hadn't been for her help with Carlos. I thought I could count on her since she clearly did not agree with commissioners scamming people out of money.

Let's make one thing clear: everyone makes mistakes. Deadlines are missed. It happens. But you have to be adult enough to take responsibility and make it right. That is not what is happening in this situation. The continued lying is what really made this escalate. False shipping numbers and promised shipping dates have come and gone. I remember seeing my Rainbow Dash scarf on Mykaios' "to be shipped" list a few months back. I never got it. When I reached the six-month time limit on my credit card, I knew I'd have to act right then or risk losing my money for good. The bank gave my money back to me, no questions asked, because the amount wasn't worth going after Mykaios for. And now that Mykaios knows I got the money back from my bank, even though she didn't have to give the money back herself, she's written off that scarf and apparently decided to pocket the money.

That is the problem here. Dishonesty. Lies. I don't know how else to word it. And no matter how much Mykaios denies it, the longer she goes making and breaking promises and NOT delivering the items people paid her for, the more likely it becomes that this is a scam and she has no intention of following through on her end of the agreement. If ANYONE here has given her money and is still within the time limit to get your money refunded by your bank or PayPal, I urge you to do it now. It has become painfully obvious that this situation will not resolve itself.
HoudinisGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #244
HoudinisGirl

By the way, since she will probably offer this up at some point anyway as a screenshot, here is my response to Mykaios' message:

"So because you gave me a hand when someone else screwed me over, that makes it okay for you to screw me over? Really?

Own up to your mistakes and refund people's money. We all know you're not going to deliver those commissions, no matter how many times you insist they're finished and ready to ship. If they were done, you would have shipped them. Your lies and continued deflection of all blame have obliterated any reason for us, your customers, to trust you to make this right.

Also, you very likely do not remember, but you once justified not sending out my scarf to me because I had not responded to one of your messages apologizing for being late. One of your customers not responding does not give you an excuse to screw them over. Just so you know. Trying to play the victim and put Shadowken in the wrong by saying he didn't respond to one of your messages is DEFINITELY not going to work on me.

Because you seem so screenshot-happy, let me go ahead and give you permission now to provide a screenshot of this conversation to anyone you want. I hope it helps them realize that you are not someone they should be doing business with."
Unread 10-30-2013, 10:16 PM   #245
oshimayuko

Now that I think about it and going through my emails, I've never signed this contract that has been mentioned here. So thats probably why I didn't know about this "no refund" policy.
I own a online store and you can't just do "no refunds" all willy nilly like that because thats illegal.
I'm going to message her about it.
oshimayuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 11:17 PM   #246
Ayase Shin
Cosplay Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudinisGirl View Post
Oh dear God, did you give her any money? If so, is it within the 45 day limit for PayPal? GET YOUR MONEY BACK NOW. File a claim. Do whatever you can to avoid becoming like the rest of us and getting screwed out of your hard-earned cash.
SERIOUSLY DO IT!
I am telling you this for you own good, dont let her screw you over!
I have seen too many people get scammed.
I am telling you this as a friend

Ayase Shin Coslay @ http://ayaseshincosplay.weebly.com/
Ayase Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #247
Throatriptron
Tsundere

Well after keeping track if this thread for some time, and after several deadlines missed, I'm here to share my experience.

Not much to say that hasn't already been said, but I will let all of you know to not fall for her excuses and cries that she "just fell behind" because guess what: she approached me to do my commission (I had put an ad up in the marketplace). And she did this well after she was already behind on all of your cosplays. She approached me late June. Unfortunately, this was before she had any bad review threads (that I could see). So I believed her and trusted her and was really sweet to her because I thought she was just being ganged up on.

I don't think I'll ever commission anything from anybody again, to be honest. Luckily I'm only out $40 (I only paid half) and not hundreds like some people here.
Throatriptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #248
Throatriptron
Tsundere

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshimayuko View Post
Unfortunately yes, I gave her, what is to me, a large amount of money (anything over $50 is a large amount). But when I paid her, it was before the 45 day limit.
She replied to my message and she said she didnt give refunds because she bought materials. I still want to have trust in her.
Don't bother having trust in her. I did the same thing. "Wow those bullies in that thread really are ganging up on you, huh? You poor thing, just stick to your guns and show them you fell behind but you're good for your word!"

Seriously that screencap of your convo could have been taken straight out of one of our email threads. She took our money, she took your money too. She's a scammer, but she'll tell you she isn't because scam artists will just take your money and disappear. And at first this might convince you until you realize something: she is just a really bad scammer.

I honestly wouldn't posting if she was churning out ANY cosplays, even if it was just one so far that she promised to deliver. Fact of the matter is, she has delivered 0. Nobody on that list has gotten their cosplay.
Throatriptron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 03:03 PM   #249
Endrea
Sushi Hunter!

My took her side a lot in te emails. We're continue to dig to the the amount of side conversations had, plus there is two sets of emails one for each costume. Though Ly has always been in a people pleaser and in this case "I have to make the person who has my money happy." Any way She'll be on tonight with her information.

It seems that Mykaios will also be posting pictures of stuff tonight. Let's see who's costume it is.

Also don't let her ruin your experience with commissioners. Believe you me there are plenary of GOOD ones out there. I'm sure we all could recommended very good ones.

GODKINGJEDI: did you hear from her regurding your costume that was due to be sent on Halloween?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad
Endrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 03:17 PM   #250
GodKing_Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrea View Post
My took her side a lot in te emails. We're continue to dig to the the amount of side conversations had, plus there is two sets of emails one for each costume. Though Ly has always been in a people pleaser and in this case "I have to make the person who has my money happy." Any way She'll be on tonight with her information.

It seems that Mykaios will also be posting pictures of stuff tonight. Let's see who's costume it is.

Also don't let her ruin your experience with commissioners. Believe you me there are plenary of GOOD ones out there. I'm sure we all could recommended very good ones.

GODKINGJEDI: did you hear from her regurding your costume that was due to be sent on Halloween?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad
Nope, not a thing, not one word, not one syllable has she had anything even remotely resembling decency enough to send me, with regards to that matter, so quite clearly it was not, and she yet again lied and betrayed on that point. This is, unfortunately, my distinctly not-in-the-least-bit-surprised, though-profoundly-angered face, at that. And you noticed, too, how it went from the date supposedly being on October 31st, according to her so-called list, to "early November", as she had told someone else - but never me, I note, what with her being a rank, dishonest liar, et cetera. Again, I am not at all surprised, and the idea of her supposedly, finally posting pictures tonight? I wouldn't be holding my breath on that matter, that any pics will in fact be proferred, much less that they will be anything of note. And it certainly changes nothing with regards to the necessary action already taken against her.
GodKing_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #251
HoudinisGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throatriptron View Post
I will let all of you know to not fall for her excuses and cries that she "just fell behind" because guess what: she approached me to do my commission (I had put an ad up in the marketplace). And she did this well after she was already behind on all of your cosplays. She approached me late June.
Yes, this. Yet another reason why I'm so irritated at this entire debacle. Mykaios held the giveaway that roped me in this past March, well after she had already fallen way behind on some of the other commissions posted about in this thread. She hooked me by telling me I'd won three scarves in a giveaway. I ordered a fourth one to go with the three I'd won, and...well...the rest is history. The scarves never materialized. I thought I was getting a good deal, but apparently all I did was fork over money as some kind of charity donation.
Unread 11-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #252
GodKing_Jedi

Oh, look at that, so the weekend has come and gone, and none of these supposedly promised pics were posted. And we're two days out to "Thor 2", and still nothing, nada, zip, zilch whatsoever heard from her, nor seen from her, nothing of the sort - again, despite all those ad-nauseam promises and assurances whcih are clearly worth so much less than the proverbial paper they are printed on (as it were). Do I even need to say it at this point....? (I will, mind, because it remains as true and pertinent and damningly indicative as ever!)
Unread 11-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #253
DropsOfRain

Huh, I thought this thread was deleted. It isn't showing up in the Commissioner Review index for me. If it wasn't for your recent post, GodKing_Jedi, the thread wouldn't have been pushed to the top, so I wouldn't have seen it on the main board index. Anyone else have this issue?

On topic, I'm sorry that you still haven't gotten anything, everybody who started the commission process with her.

I'm curious if there has been any progress on the claims that have been filed against her. Anybody have an update on that front? (Is it alright for me to ask that?)
DropsOfRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #254
GodKing_Jedi

DropsOfRain - I usually just click on the "Last Post" tab, and it brings the ones most recently updated right up to the top.

As to your other question - I've updated my claim against her, recommend that others do so as well, and will be doing so again. And considering the multiple claims against her, for the very same reasons, it is safe to say that there is rather some interest in the matter.

Last edited by GodKing_Jedi : 11-05-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Unread 11-06-2013, 11:56 AM   #255
Ketania

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodKing_Jedi View Post
Oh, look at that, so the weekend has come and gone, and none of these supposedly promised pics were posted. And we're two days out to "Thor 2", and still nothing, nada, zip, zilch whatsoever heard from her, nor seen from her, nothing of the sort - again, despite all those ad-nauseam promises and assurances whcih are clearly worth so much less than the proverbial paper they are printed on (as it were). Do I even need to say it at this point....? (I will, mind, because it remains as true and pertinent and damningly indicative as ever!)
She's since deleted that post from her cosplay facebook about posting pictures from last weekend. Not to mention she has been putting other non-cosplay photos to other places this past weekend. When she was supposed to be uploading our photos.

I mean. Just really!
Ketania is offline   Reply With Quote