Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 12-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #376
MaiCosplay

.-. I'm sure most colleges doesn't have classes 24/7. Sorry off-topic but 30 out of 168 hours a week. My mom and dad are both nurses. It's not a very demanding job though, but it requires a lot of patience (no pun intended) idk how demanding her job is. My mom works 18 hrs a day that's including overtime. I'm just suprised that's she's not knocked out when she does chores(cook, clean, grocery) etc. My dad works 10 hrs a day + 10 hrs commuting back and forth to college. And comes home around 1-2 am and still goes to the laundry and has his own church on the weekends to attend to. I just thank god their job pays so well to support 5 kids including myself. And that we finally have the citizenship to have insurance and everything. Plus and we live in such a good community not saying that it's perfect. And a family back home that is always there to help.

Last edited by MaiCosplay : 12-07-2013 at 12:38 PM.
MaiCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #377
AdventurerEmily
Zombie Extraordinaire

I've been to the emergency room several times, and I'm familiar with how expensive it is once the bill arrives. Who wants to bet that suddenly "unexpected medical expenses" becomes the excuse du jour from Mykaios?

Like Mykaios, I am a full-time college student, and I work two part-time jobs totaling nearly 50 hours a week but still minimum wage, have to pay living expenses including rent/groceries/insurance/utilities/gas/etc, and deal with several chronic medical conditions (I'm actually disabled) that require lengthy daily treatments that completely immobilize me. I commute to school and work a total of two hours out of each day unless there is traffic. Yet, I still find time to meet all of my obligations and responsibilities-- even if that means I don't sleep. It is possible, Mykaios.

I can't imagine what kind of gall someone has to have to present excuse after excuse, especially if they are a generally healthy individual who took on these projects BY CHOICE. As someone who is trying to present herself as a commissioner, responsible for providing products and service as well as handling budgets and customer's money, Mykaios has ZERO excuse for the crimes she has committed. She dug herself into a deep hole, and rather than do anything sensible to alleviate her situation, she decided to keep digging. I hope to all hell that the law comes down HARD on her. My god this thread is just sad.
AdventurerEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #378
Kuroku

Here's some advice that's worth looking into, because internet crime reports isn't the only thing you should do. This is important.

link
Kuroku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #379
Soul_Siren
Magic is Golden

The bottom line is nothing will be delivered, and excuses will continue to be churned out by Mykaios until people give up. Which is one reason why I am not giving up.

Thanks to Kuroku for the input. I was just thinking about the police report idea too, especially now that I know nothing from this commissioner will be forthcoming. Using every means necessary to spread the word and promote criminal justice is worth it.

I am also seeking help from crime stoppers/news reporters in this commissioner's area. This action may be something for others to consider doing as well.
Soul_Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #380
Aloof
Ace Attorney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventurerEmily View Post
I've been to the emergency room several times, and I'm familiar with how expensive it is once the bill arrives. Who wants to bet that suddenly "unexpected medical expenses" becomes the excuse du jour from Mykaios?

Like Mykaios, I am a full-time college student, and I work two part-time jobs totaling nearly 50 hours a week but still minimum wage, have to pay living expenses including rent/groceries/insurance/utilities/gas/etc, and deal with several chronic medical conditions (I'm actually disabled) that require lengthy daily treatments that completely immobilize me. I commute to school and work a total of two hours out of each day unless there is traffic. Yet, I still find time to meet all of my obligations and responsibilities-- even if that means I don't sleep. It is possible, Mykaios.

I can't imagine what kind of gall someone has to have to present excuse after excuse, especially if they are a generally healthy individual who took on these projects BY CHOICE. As someone who is trying to present herself as a commissioner, responsible for providing products and service as well as handling budgets and customer's money, Mykaios has ZERO excuse for the crimes she has committed. She dug herself into a deep hole, and rather than do anything sensible to alleviate her situation, she decided to keep digging. I hope to all hell that the law comes down HARD on her. My god this thread is just sad.
This is a brilliant post, and just goes to show you that making excuses will not excuse you from the current situation you're in.
Unread 12-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #381
Wolfmeisterrr

Anyone hear anything from her?
Wolfmeisterrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #382
Sayoria
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventurerEmily View Post

Reaaaaaaaaaaaally?.... Interesting, since I am coming across this exact same excuse with The Cosplay Fox. I have my emails still, so this will be fun when I don't get my costume again, after a year and two months, when she claims I will get it by March. *Commissioned back in January, missed my con, missed a con I didn't actually get to go to, and probably *most definitely* going to miss the same con she did last year*

Yep. Good to know this excuse tends to be the new thing, so you show more sympathy instead of anger. To be honest, I never believed it from the start. Glad to see it's not exclusive.

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Sayoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 02:04 AM   #383
KupoTime
Moogle Fanatic

I really. REALLY. REALLLLLY. Didn't want it to come to this and for me to share my experience on this site..my hands appear to be tied, however. For a bit of insight, allow me to introduce myself:
"So, with all that said and going back to the schedule I made and posted after everyone's input and suggestions, by the 17th, Journey Red variant and Donnel from Fire Emblem will have been shipped, if not delivered. I will confirm both shipping status and delivery status and they will confirm as well. Rinse and repeat, one step at a time, one week/date at a time. It's the only way I can show you guys that I am shipping things out, on top of posting pictures. It's a very reasonable and simple request to take it one week/date at a time, with both sides for each commission confirming shipment and delivery status."

Hello everyone, I'm the person who comissioned the Donnel cosplay that was one of the first on her list. My first contact with this particular person was first made Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 1:47 AM according to my g-mail e-mail logs, and a few days afterward was when my comission was requested.

This was requested for May 31st for a Fire Emblem related group for A-kon 2013. A small timeline, but she asured me she could make it. She did not. I shrugged it off, I didn't give her much time. It was my fault, right?

The plan was incase she couldn't get it to my home address to express ship it to my con hotel, which I gave her the additional funding for [Refunding it later due to this being an utter failure because UPS failed to deliver the package.] This was May 31st. I have still not yet received my comission when she had claimed to have already shipped it once, based on that knowledge I can make the assumption my cosplay has been finished for almost an entire year now and I have still not received it. Normally, I wouldn't get involved in something like this publically.

This whole time I've wanted nothing more than to give Mykaios the benefit of the doubt, I've kept in a private contact with Soul_Siren as well and shared similar circumstance with her. I even distanced myself from this situation in generally because quite frankly not having the finishing touches to a cosplay I wanted to do almost a year ago is entirely depressing. [I have parts of it I worked on myself just collecting dust.]

Since she began my project according to my g-mail I have over 188 e-mail's sent back and forth between the two of us without a finished product, now allow me to share with you all my reasoning for sharing my story with you, despite the fact I was mentioned in this thread as one of the first few to receive his item based on a public deadline, but then did not.

"Working on sending stuff out this week, unsure if what I send out will make it by Halloween or not.

Other than trying to ship everything out still, I don't have any specific updates at this time."

This was my last contact with her. This e-mail was sent to me Oct 28th. I responded with an e-mail finally on Nov 5th after having heard nothing:

"I understand there have been complications with this commission but it has now been a total of eight months since I first placed the request for this commission to be done and completed and it's starting to make me think I might not ever see the end result. I'm worn down and at a loss of what to do or handle this situation but all in all, I'm really depressed about it."

I have yet to receive a response. I feel as though I waited a more than generous amount of time for her to respond to the fact that I was becoming increasingly worn down and depressed by the situation, so I can't stand down away from it anymore unforunuately. I really didn't want to do this, I'm a positive person and want to give everyone the benefit of the doubt but..

I have gained nothing, I have paid a generous amount for a task to be done that was not. I even paid an express shipping cost in order to receive my items before an event that never happened. [However, she did refund this fee.]

I no longer know what to do, I'm not crafty. I could never finish this cosplay on my own, nor do I have the extra money in the foreseeable future to request yet another comissioner to pick up the slack for me.

The best way to describe my attitude towards this is that I'm not even angry so much as..disappointed. I felt as though I treated this person with the utmost respect despite the constant delays and I feel betrayed.

I'm just worn down.

Edit:She sent me an e-mail recently apologizing and describing her ER situation and her finals situation. She said she has a break from school but she still works and she'll be shipping items in the coming weeks. I really hope this is true.

Last edited by KupoTime : 12-19-2013 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Change.
KupoTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #384
GodKing_Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfmeisterrr View Post
Anyone hear anything from her?
*snorts* I certainly haven't....but then, given that I was the one to start this very damning review thread, I have wondered for a while now if maybe she simply lacks the nerve to face me, to make any kind of acknowledgement to me directly. Shameful and eggregious cowardice on top of thievery and fraud, perhaps. I have considered posting something equally indicting to her FB, but we all know well how she immediately deletes anything she deems even remotely unfavourable to her, as though she thinks that'll somehow prevent people from seeing - forgetting, evidently, that you cannot ever fully scrub anything from the Internet, and it'll always be out there for people to find. People - yes, including attorneys, as a matter of fact. *pointed expression*

Last edited by GodKing_Jedi : 12-16-2013 at 03:38 PM.
GodKing_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #385
HoudinisGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KupoTime View Post
The best way to describe my attitude towards this is that I'm not even angry so much as..disappointed. I felt as though I treated this person with the utmost respect despite the constant delays and I feel betrayed.

I'm just worn down.
I'm so sorry.

Mykaios, I know you check this thread regularly, so let me say this on behalf of all the people you have hurt with your selfishness. You are a TERRIBLE person. There is no excuse for what you have done to so many people. You should be ashamed of yourself, but of course you won't be. You'll have an excuse, you'll blame everyone else because you're an entitled little brat who thinks the world revolves around her. Well, it doesn't. If your life is as crappy as you say it is, then you deserve it and I'm sure you brought it on yourself.

I hope you enjoy the money you stole from all the people who have posted in this thread. Good riddance.
HoudinisGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #386
Lycoris Ousa
sleepy kitty

I feel as if I waited long enough also, this was one of my first years coming back into cosplay and also I'm entering another hiatus to work on a quadsuit those these two cosplays were going to be my last ones for about two years.

Mykaios first messaged me in September 2012 regurding my Ochi (Senguku Basara) cosplay, that didn't make it onto her list, and I sent a reply to her quote of $500 around September 12th. Told her the deadline was March 4th. Also around this time I was looking for another costume that she wanted to quote me for. I didn't take her up on this at the time since I was just looking for quotes I believe for the other costume. When I sent the money I was required to pay the paypal fee which I thought to be strange since I was never asked to pay this before by commissioners.

I sent the next two months looking for shoes that she could use to modify for the costume. She checked in regular to ask me how it was going and when I found the pair I got them shipped to my place to try them on then followed to her place.She received them around January 13th since I waited to send them because she was going to be out of town.

February 28th 2013 I got an email "I've been looking over the emails and looking over your contract. There wasn't a later deadline filled so I was wondering if march 4th was just a deadline or if there was also an event date or something as well "

"I think I had it set as the deadline since the con I was going to be doing a panel at was march 8th. I had something come up and not going to be able to go. I understand you've been busy yourself, so any time at this point is fine since my next con isn't going to be until August (Dragon*Con). "

"Oh, okay. I was really worried!

I'm sorry about your con and panel plans though. What was it about? I'm not one for public speeches and workshops, I couldn't host a panel :/"

So at this point I had reason to believe that she forgot about my costume, but brushed it off because I canceled my panel due to some unforeseen events.

March 31st 2013 I had her quote me on a new costume Dark Lugia (which was on her list). This was a $500 quote in which I paid in full for plus getting shoes and paint needed to repaint them.

While asking for the quote I saw that he schedule all of a sudden got filled for the due month even though I hadn't sent the payment. I asked her if she was still able to do it.

August is full, but I included your costumes. I had to close off August and September for one other commission needing time by itself without much else going on

Alright, that's was good to know, I was just like "oh noes." I'll send the final payment for the last one once I get it in order. I do have a bonus in June I believe (I'm terrible at keeping track of when they come in) so it will probably be around that time.

Probably this commission was Loki for GodKing Jedi

April 16th 2013 I received and email about a brutal review that she had. By June 24th I had sent out the duckt tape dummy she required to make the pattern for the costume.

As things went on I took her side to try and please her because sadly that is just how I am. We had a bunch of emails in which we were just talking and including when I was having an absolutely terrible time at dragon con and was in tears.

When she posted the list I was excited but also upset due to the first costume I commissioned from her not being on the list. Time and time again I was promised pictures but I never bugged her over them. Maybe I should have. I gave her the address to the hotel to at least get my Lugia costume and I once again had to cancel my Basara panel in which resulted in me paying for my badge. My face lit up every time I saw the message on the machine light up only to find out that it wasn't my costume. By the end of the con I contacted her and she told me that she never got around to sending it (just putting it out that all my costumes are paid in full). By october I took my birthday trip to Scotland and wanted to just forget this whole thing even if it was just for a little while. I haven't messaged her or heard from her since October 8th.

*Con list*
AWA - 2018
Momo Con - 2018
Hama Con - 2018

Last edited by Lycoris Ousa : 12-20-2013 at 08:24 PM. Reason: new information added
Lycoris Ousa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 03:36 PM   #387
MaiCosplay

October 8th. jeez.

Last edited by MaiCosplay : 12-19-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Unread 12-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #388
GodKing_Jedi

Lycoris - you know, honestly, at this point I think she's just withholding the costume, refund of monies and materials and just everything - and, moreover, also that she's refusing to even attempt any kind of contact whatsoever - simply for the sake of sheer and wanton, deliberate and malicious cruelty....to be mean-spirited, vengeful and hateful over the fact that I "dared" to go ahead and post this very indicting review thread of her frankly criminal behaviour and attitude.

I have suspected for a while now that anything and everything of it is being withheld from me, and she has lied about it at every turn, because she never had any intention whatsoever of doing anything with it (not in August or September as she told you, nor at any other time) - nor will she EVER - and now she is perpetuating this utter farce, this travesty, simply for the sake of being cruel, petty and mean. A TERRIBLE excuse for a person, indeed.

I have posted an update with regards to these matters on my Tumblr, and encourage others to do the same - since I do not for a single second doubt that what Mykaios would like nothing more is for all this to just go away, fade into silence - go gently into that good night, as it were. But I'm NOT going to let that happen, and I don't think ANYONE here should! What she's going to get is more trouble and legal repercussions called down on her head VERY shortly. And again, she has only herself to blame!
GodKing_Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #389
MaiCosplay

Quote:
Your deadline is perfectly fine, I have limited slots in December due to the holidays and all but haven't been booked yet (and February due to Katsucon), so I'd be more than happy to blackout December with your commission as well as parts of January and up to February if needed.
Quote:
which I really, really wanted to have ordered by the beginning of this month but apparently my business partner does not understand the importance of time frames and deadlines -_-; *
???. Why can't he/she help you get a camera. You can't both not have source to cameras.
Quote:
Remember, I blocked out the remaining of my year for Loki. I didn't book anything else and planned everything out accordingly. We just didn't know that things would come up, at least not like this.
While she had tons of other commissions to do. And the only reason she showed you the list was because you wanted a refund. Even if you hadn't snapped at that point demanding a refund and to this point now where she is shipping out the items. What would she be complaining of then to not take pictures or finish the costumes. If the sewing machine was fixed and you gave her all the materials needed to do the loki and many other costumes. She may of not lied about the sewing machine or the lights going off. But she lied about having all December to blackout all her time for that costume. So pretty much leaving the Op in the dark wondering if her costume would ever get done.

Last edited by MaiCosplay : 12-21-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Unread 12-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #390
Shadowken

Hi. Its been a while since I've been here. No updates on my costume and judging from other post no one else has got a costume or money back. The online scam reports don't seem to be working. She is clearly getting away with this and does not care about every single one of her customers she's screwed. She can't refund because she spent all of our money and she hardly has any money herself now. She won't sent costumes or what she has done because she hasn't started on them.

Last edited by Shadowken : 12-21-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Shadowken is offline   Reply With Quote