Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 08-06-2012, 11:58 PM   #19276
The Boss
Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucius View Post
All of this, so much, haha. I feel like I've single handedly killed many threads.
I posted in a few but it seems like noone wants to take the bait, which is crazy when one of the threads I'm talking about is the One Piece thread...

That said, my peeve is not being able to find anyone to discuss a certain series, as cosplayer to cosplayer. I'm working on a cosplay, but I want feedback from someone that knows the character and will understand what I'm trying to achieve.
I feel you there
I remember once I posted in a nice thread with a series which was very popular (becoming) at that time.. it's dead til today x'D and that happened in a POPULAR thread? I seriously wonder how I manage to do this sometimes. Even if I watch threads and they get BOMBED with posts/replies for HOURS...as soon as I drop a post. BOOM silence. for 4+ hours... a day...a week....a month or even much longer x'D What the... well..I guess I give up thinking about WHY this happens haha.
The one piece thread? Wow that sounds really crazy.
Hope you'll find at least some nice people to discuss with soon :/
nothing sucks more than wanting feedback and no one goves good critique x'D or simply someone to talk to about the series....

Another pet peeve: know there's an important con just a few weeks away....and not beeing in the mood to work on your cosplay DX

And people who want to meet up at the con...everyone getting hyped up and looking forward to it with incredible joy. but after a few months when the con is coming closer, suddenly 90% lost interest or simply don't show up. SERIOUSLY?
Why did you JOIN a circle, where we discuss to WHICH outfit from the series to wear, voting for the con, outfits, organizing props for other members, searching for locations etc and then simply go "Oh I cosplay something different know at the con" without even TELLING the rest of the group? FU.
I hate flakey people.
I really have NO problem at all if you say months(or weeks) before the con "Oh sorry, but I changed my mind!" or "can't come to the con" there's always reasons which can happen, no problem, but at least TELL us!!!
it's not fun seeing people being interested in the same character as you, but retreating to join the circle because there's already one (YOU!) who does the character and they don't want to cosplay someone else or having a double....and in the end we have just 3 or 4 people instead of 15-20, because no one told us they changed their mind/can't afford the con suddenly etc.
TELL the rest of your group if you change your plans... to give other people the chance to take your place and not disappointing us by simply not showing up and haven't said anything at all. ARGH.
That's like you invite your family and closest friends for your b-day, everyone is hyped up, talking about what they want to do (awwwwweeesome stuff everywhere!!), what they'll bring as a gift (AWESOME GIFTS!!!) and that it'll become the most awesome day ever....and months later, on your b-day, after you decorated your whole house, ordered/organized awesome food, music, etc etc. NO ONE SHOWS UP.
You wait...think it's a bad joke.. but NOPE. no one shows up or calls you and you can't reach anyone.
This is exactly how it feels to organize a huge cosplaygroup and getting all characters together, having plans for filming, shooting and even live- show/entertainment and after research for an easy but nice choreo, with the most simple costume ever (jeans+red shirt). And last but not least even organizing some props for some characters to lend and suddenly only 2 people besides you are left.
Seriously.this.sucks!

Link- Legend of Zelda, TP
Madam Hooch
Der Tod (Elisabeth, Takarazuka)
The Boss is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #19277
sugarpunch18
User is now Unknowable

Wearing one-piece outfits and having too much to drink during a con. =_=
~LoveMeUniform!Kyoko Mogami (Skip Beat)
sugarpunch18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 12:21 AM   #19278
SilverInsanity
Evil Pastry

Serging something only to realize minutes later you have to rip the seam out...

Last edited by SilverInsanity : 08-07-2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Can't spell
SilverInsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 01:36 AM   #19279
ChocoboxDreamer
Master Derper

Wanting to cosplay a certain character but finding little to no reference pictures to go by. D:
Tutankhamun - Eiyuu Senki (0% complete)

The Untold Stories of a Dreamer
Ethereal Whisper Photography
ChocoboxDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 05:50 AM   #19280
Tigress

New one that just occurred: Being bad with names.

Ever had this occur? Someone comes running up to you, all excited to see you. You think you saw them at another con, but you've been to so many that they are starting to run together. Or you vaguely remember the costume from coscom. But you can't... remember... their freakin'... NAME.

So you go, "Oh, yes! I remember you! You're... um... You're... ah... YOU!"

Then you desperately hope you'll get some clue as to who they are or where you met them so you can put a name to the face. And, more often than not, you fail at it and have to stumble through an apology because you honestly can't place them...

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 06:04 AM   #19281
Lohari
Robo-zukin <3

---

Last edited by Lohari : 06-03-2014 at 09:53 AM.
Lohari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 06:29 AM   #19282
Kiichigo

PET PEEVE: having cosplayed too much. I've done about 30+ costumes and I seriously can't think of any more characters that I *REALLY* want to do.

Like, I have a few ideas that seem slightly like fun BUT I don't feel that spark :/
Kiichigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 07:09 AM   #19283
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Getting sick just before a con. I've got a bad throat... and I leave for Amecon on Thursday. Bloody brilliant.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #19284
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post

Ever had this occur? Someone comes running up to you, all excited to see you. You think you saw them at another con, but you've been to so many that they are starting to run together. Or you vaguely remember the costume from coscom. But you can't... remember... their freakin'... NAME.

Then you desperately hope you'll get some clue as to who they are or where you met them so you can put a name to the face. And, more often than not, you fail at it and have to stumble through an apology because you honestly can't place them...
I can't actually say that's happened because I pretty much never recognize them no matter what. Faceblindness sucks. -_- Basically if someone has different hair or clothes than the last time I saw them, let alone an entirely different look, make-up job, etc.... I will almost certainly not recognize them. Even in real life, I have a hard time recognizing coworkers or even family members.

The only time I can ever recognize cosplayers is when they're wearing the same costume they were wearing last time I saw them, and it's a rare enough costume that not too many people wear it, or they have a particular detail that no one else does.
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #19285
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

When people go out of their way to mock/bully/irritate/troll another human being.

This is not just for cosplay, obviously. I hate the internet for the fact that people have forgotten what being human is about, and that they feel safe enough to say terrible shit to one another and that it's just fine. Never mind that people are constantly seeking acceptance and your bullying may end up being the cause of them taking their life.

Instead of being a bully, do something productive- get a job, get a hobby. Take your sorry, jealous ass back to reality and leave people alone.

Before you decide to pick on someone for their looks or their heritage or their weight, or heaven forbid their cosplay (it's a fucking hobby, people- get over it), think about what 's making you so bloody angry about it. It's probably not the other person at all- it's something that's wrong in your life, something you feel you don't have the power to fix. Try anyway or back off. Take your pick.
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #19286
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress

Yes. I have this problem. Unless the person speaks up and gives me a clue to who they are I'm just pretending to know because I feel bad that they were able to recognize me in a different cosplay(that's what usually happens) while I can't at all. I'm also a bit bad at names too, like some people from here on coscom will come up to me and tell me their username, unless it's someone I talked to recently I'm all, "Yeah! I remember you...."

And then later when I go on coscom or check pictures from past cons I figure out who they were and feel bad that I didn't talk more with them and such.

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #19287
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Commenting on photos merely to point out your dislike of a character/series.

Some douche: "Nice photo, but blah blah blah I hated this aspect of his/her personality and blah blah blah..." *rant goes on for days*

Me: "AS A WRITER OF THE SHOW, I WILL SURELY FOLLOW YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR SEASON 2."
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: ???
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #19288
Shana05
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
Getting sick just before a con. I've got a bad throat... and I leave for Amecon on Thursday. Bloody brilliant.
I came down with strept a week before Naka-Kon this year. I was feeling a lot better by the con, thanks to my mom. I thought it was a regular sore throat but she convinced me to get tested. Without the antibiotics I probably would have been a wreck at the con.

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #19289
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

When you're trying to find extremely simple things for a casual-type cosplay that you should be able to find ANYWHERE but they're nowhere to be found, like an accurate pleated black skirt that won't expose your ass.
Unread 08-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #19290
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniigiri_Basket View Post
When you're trying to find extremely simple things for a casual-type cosplay that you should be able to find ANYWHERE but they're nowhere to be found, like an accurate pleated black skirt that won't expose your ass.
YES. I couldn't believe how difficult it was t find red track pants and a long-sleeved white shirt for my Sunako Nakahara cosplay. I thought, Hey, this will be a real easy cosplay to get together!
WRONG