Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 08-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #19276
Andrea
Stupid Sexy Kotetsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
New one that just occurred: Being bad with names.

Ever had this occur? Someone comes running up to you, all excited to see you. You think you saw them at another con, but you've been to so many that they are starting to run together. Or you vaguely remember the costume from coscom. But you can't... remember... their freakin'... NAME.

So you go, "Oh, yes! I remember you! You're... um... You're... ah... YOU!"

Then you desperately hope you'll get some clue as to who they are or where you met them so you can put a name to the face. And, more often than not, you fail at it and have to stumble through an apology because you honestly can't place them...
I can't actually say that's happened because I pretty much never recognize them no matter what. Faceblindness sucks. -_- Basically if someone has different hair or clothes than the last time I saw them, let alone an entirely different look, make-up job, etc.... I will almost certainly not recognize them. Even in real life, I have a hard time recognizing coworkers or even family members.

The only time I can ever recognize cosplayers is when they're wearing the same costume they were wearing last time I saw them, and it's a rare enough costume that not too many people wear it, or they have a particular detail that no one else does.
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #19277
ShadowDrac
Sky Pirate

When people go out of their way to mock/bully/irritate/troll another human being.

This is not just for cosplay, obviously. I hate the internet for the fact that people have forgotten what being human is about, and that they feel safe enough to say terrible shit to one another and that it's just fine. Never mind that people are constantly seeking acceptance and your bullying may end up being the cause of them taking their life.

Instead of being a bully, do something productive- get a job, get a hobby. Take your sorry, jealous ass back to reality and leave people alone.

Before you decide to pick on someone for their looks or their heritage or their weight, or heaven forbid their cosplay (it's a fucking hobby, people- get over it), think about what 's making you so bloody angry about it. It's probably not the other person at all- it's something that's wrong in your life, something you feel you don't have the power to fix. Try anyway or back off. Take your pick.
Unread 08-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #19278
TMLiza
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress
New one that just occurred: Being bad with names.

Ever had this occur? Someone comes running up to you, all excited to see you. You think you saw them at another con, but you've been to so many that they are starting to run together. Or you vaguely remember the costume from coscom. But you can't... remember... their freakin'... NAME.

So you go, "Oh, yes! I remember you! You're... um... You're... ah... YOU!"

Then you desperately hope you'll get some clue as to who they are or where you met them so you can put a name to the face. And, more often than not, you fail at it and have to stumble through an apology because you honestly can't place them...
Yes. I have this problem. Unless the person speaks up and gives me a clue to who they are I'm just pretending to know because I feel bad that they were able to recognize me in a different cosplay(that's what usually happens) while I can't at all. I'm also a bit bad at names too, like some people from here on coscom will come up to me and tell me their username, unless it's someone I talked to recently I'm all, "Yeah! I remember you...."

And then later when I go on coscom or check pictures from past cons I figure out who they were and feel bad that I didn't talk more with them and such.

~Twitter~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

TMLiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 11:03 AM   #19279
Kell-chan
Confirmed Bachelor

Commenting on photos merely to point out your dislike of a character/series.

Some douche: "Nice photo, but blah blah blah I hated this aspect of his/her personality and blah blah blah..." *rant goes on for days*

Me: "AS A WRITER OF THE SHOW, I WILL SURELY FOLLOW YOUR SUGGESTIONS FOR SEASON 2."
My handmade fandom plush

Next event: ???
Kell-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #19280
Shana05
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pltshp View Post
Getting sick just before a con. I've got a bad throat... and I leave for Amecon on Thursday. Bloody brilliant.
I came down with strept a week before Naka-Kon this year. I was feeling a lot better by the con, thanks to my mom. I thought it was a regular sore throat but she convinced me to get tested. Without the antibiotics I probably would have been a wreck at the con.

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #19281
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

When you're trying to find extremely simple things for a casual-type cosplay that you should be able to find ANYWHERE but they're nowhere to be found, like an accurate pleated black skirt that won't expose your ass.
Unread 08-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #19282
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniigiri_Basket View Post
When you're trying to find extremely simple things for a casual-type cosplay that you should be able to find ANYWHERE but they're nowhere to be found, like an accurate pleated black skirt that won't expose your ass.
YES. I couldn't believe how difficult it was t find red track pants and a long-sleeved white shirt for my Sunako Nakahara cosplay. I thought, Hey, this will be a real easy cosplay to get together!
WRONG
Unread 08-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #19283
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

When (certain) people spend a lot of time telling you about their amazing craftsmanship and special skills and eye for detail and the extent of their perfectionism and the great lengths they would go to to make such and such piece absolutely accurate.

And you find they've made a single costume 3 or 4 years ago that's been retired and never worn since because it "needs repairs" and this and this and this part were made poorly or inaccurately.

Don't spend all your time harping on about how awesome you are and how you could never stand taking the easy way out like me, simplifying costume pieces or making up details, if you never make anything at all. D:
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #19284
Chibi_Miyuki

Quote:
Ugh...I know exactly what you mean! I had the hardest time finding a plain white hoodie in my size for my Fem!Kida. I looked at so many different stores and online but it took forever! If they had plain white hoodies, they only had them in sizes that were way too big. Or if they had them in my size, they had logos on them. :P
Chibi_Miyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 04:01 PM   #19285
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Quote:
This is me right now. Granted, I was trying to find men's plain white jacket in the middle of summer but you would think even regular clothing stores would have that as a rain coat or windbreaker except I have never found one. The only white jackets I've found are an expensive Adidas one with a black stripe down the arms, an Old Navy women's denim jacket, and a couple of off-white/beige leather jackets with red sun stains.

I'm hoping next month's autumn fashions will produce something, or I'm SOL with my bad fabric painting job of turning a beige jacket white.

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 07:04 PM   #19286
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Cosplay pet peeve of the day: Shipping costs.

Cost of Maka Albarn boots before shipping: $55

Cost of Maka Albarn boots after shipping: $91

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #19287
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Yowch. I assume they don't allow you to pick a cheaper shipping option? I'm not fond of ordering things from Thinkgeek.com for that reason. Shipping is stupidly expensive, only giving you the "express" option and through the eternally-incompetent UPS at that (add in exact-amount-of-cash-only, at-the-door-or-you-don't-get-it customs fees to my already 2/3rds of the original product cost's shipping? FUCK. YOU.), and they don't give you the option for cheaper and slower shipping. I only get it from them if I REALLY REALLY REALLY want it, and then I usually wait for a sale to take off the sting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 07:21 PM   #19288
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Ughhh, this Dx I've just decided to do what I'm thinking might be a relatively cheap costume...but I know it'll be hard to find. Especially these shorts.
SHORTS, Y U DARK BROWN. If you were dark green I could just get you at Walmart but nooo D;
...And, finding a cosplay you want to do but knowing you'll need to sew the vest for it. Perhaps once my family goes back down to Florida, my grandmother will help me make it...I hope x-x Because I reeeeally want to do this now.
Also, always knowing where a piece of clothing is, but the second you want to use it for a costume, it just disappears. Shirt where did you gooo ;~;
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #19289
Fish-and-Chips-Yum
Look! A hidden puzzle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
Yowch. I assume they don't allow you to pick a cheaper shipping option? I'm not fond of ordering things from Thinkgeek.com for that reason. Shipping is stupidly expensive, only giving you the "express" option and through the eternally-incompetent UPS at that (add in exact-amount-of-cash-only, at-the-door-or-you-don't-get-it customs fees to my already 2/3rds of the original product cost's shipping? FUCK. YOU.), and they don't give you the option for cheaper and slower shipping. I only get it from them if I REALLY REALLY REALLY want it, and then I usually wait for a sale to take off the sting.
Sadly the only option they gave me was expedited shipping...and even then it won't arrive until mid-September (they're being custom-made). ;A; I bought them anyways because the seller has great reviews and their products look amazing. Oh well, the cosplay itself was pretty cheap in comparison to my otehr outfits, so I guess that makes it a little better. XD

+See Costume List for Completed Projects+

+In-Progress+
+Rarity+ MLP:FiM ~100%~ Just finished!
+Matryoshka!America+ Hetalia ~20%~ Designing the Hoodie!

+2013 Plans+
+Gala!Rarity+ MLP:FiM
+Ciel Phantomhive (Vol. 6 Outfit)+ Black Butler
+Hatsune Miku (Snow Version 2013)+ Vocaloid
+Umbreon+ Pokemon

+Conventions Planned for 2013+
Sakura Con 2013 ~ 65% Likely
Everfree 2013 ~ 30% Likely
Kumori Con 2013 ~ 40% Likely
Aki Con 2013 ~ 100% Likely
Fish-and-Chips-Yum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #19290
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Otaku View Post
Cosplay pet peeve of the day: Shipping costs.

Cost of Maka Albarn boots before shipping: $55

Cost of Maka Albarn boots after shipping: $91
Ohman. D: That's almost the cost of the boots!
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote