Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 03-04-2013, 07:04 PM   #20176
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Quote:
Originally Posted by IenzoRenaNipah View Post
-Since your a Hetalia/Homestuck cosplayer, you MUST hate the other fandom, right? And do anything to ruin a person's cosplay of the other fandom, right?
I thought the Hetalia and Homestuck fandoms were bros.
(They are here, at least)

Peeve; Animals. Skunk, why did you have to ruin my cosplay plan.
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #20177
ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
Yeah, that's the vibe I got from it- they were annoyed at pretty much the same thing I ranted about here earlier- characters being sexualized even when it was inappropriate for that character's personality or function, such as lingerie model Boba Fett or armored teddy Darth Vader.
I don't know, I think it would be rather amusing for Boba Fett to wear a corset over his armor.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren (Fire Emblem), Fox (RWBY)
Upgrading : Sheik (armor), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 03:21 AM   #20178
MoonWingSamurai

Here's another one...knowing you're not going to finish your costume with only a couple of days left before a con, but you kill yourself trying to complete it anyway. So sad! Also, well-meaning suggestions by other cosplayers to wear the incomplete costume isn't very helpful. Imagine someone walking around with only the chest piece of an Iron Man costume, or just the wig and boots of Sailor Moon...not very impressive, right?
MoonWingSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 04:00 AM   #20179
My_Insanity
Barian Lord

It's when I can pick out flaws in my own work. Other people's costumes don't annoy me so it's not related to cosplay. I hate some peoples attitudes but that's not a cosplay pet peeve it's a person huge peeve.
My_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #20180
Shana05
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntomKitten View Post
I thought the Hetalia and Homestuck fandoms were bros.
(They are here, at least)
They are now. There was a feud between the two that I never understood. They've since moved past it and been friendly towards each other.

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #20181
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

another peeve i can think of, is when you order items, parts, props, specific clothing (like socks, or shorts and etc.) and while in the process of shipping they get lost. ;^; had this happen with a specific pair of socks, and although they refunded it back to me, they are out of that pair and i can't find another. so i had to go with a default pair until i do.

~Working On~
Maria Posada (The Book of Life)~50%
Yuna Ver. Songstress (FFX-2)~0%
Miku Hatsune (Sweet Devil)~0%
Scanty (PSG/W Garterbelt)~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~75%
Freya (Chobits)~10%

ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #20182
re1kk0u

I guess that my 2 main cosplay pet peeves are mostly that happen at the con
1) when people take their character too seriously in a negative way!
+they go and abuse the power of cosplay , by hurting other cosplayers ; for example if they have swords or any other kind of weapon/prop they go on and wave around and aren't careful and in their "playfulness" they hurt someone else. and they run like maniacs in the convention halls.+
2) those who bully other cosplayers, because they hate/dislike that character
+i can say personally i have this happen countless times, just becuase you aren't a fan of that specific character does not give you the right to trash talk to the COSPLAYER and say things such as "oshawott is stupid, he shouldn't be on the series" or " that girl looks horrible as oshawott and the costume is horrible, to make matters worst i hate pokemon" that said, i just tune those people's comments out and have fun at the con+
Unread 03-05-2013, 07:37 PM   #20183
seiryuux
Cosplay Chameleon

Why is that whenever I go out shopping for what should be the simplest things, turn out to be not so simple to get?

Facebook
Fanfiction.net - Persona 3 Portable: Where No Persona Has Gone Before
seiryuux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #20184
Shana05
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by re1kk0u View Post
2) those who bully other cosplayers, because they hate/dislike that character
+i can say personally i have this happen countless times, just becuase you aren't a fan of that specific character does not give you the right to trash talk to the COSPLAYER and say things such as "oshawott is stupid, he shouldn't be on the series" or " that girl looks horrible as oshawott and the costume is horrible, to make matters worst i hate pokemon" that said, i just tune those people's comments out and have fun at the con+
I find that a good rule of thumb is to keep your dislike to yourself. Many times when people express that they don't like the character/series someone is cosplaying, it comes off really rude, even when the person doesn't intend it that way. For example, I don't like Homestuck but if I find myself talking to a Homestuck cosplayer, I won't tell them that.

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #20185
shmac

When friends don't understand cosplay priorities. You should probably get started on the main costume piece BEFORE you buy contacts. Just sayin'.
shmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 06:32 AM   #20186
Tigress

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmac View Post
When friends don't understand cosplay priorities. You should probably get started on the main costume piece BEFORE you buy contacts. Just sayin'.
I've never understood why cosplayers put so much importance on having the right eye color. Very few people are going to notice and even fewer are going to care. Instead of spending $70 - 100 on contacts that you'll have to replace in 6 months to a year, why not concentrate on making costume and props pretty? I'm guarantee you a well-constructed costume will last you a lot longer and bring you more joy than a couple of pieces of gas-permeable plastic.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #20187
RydiaValentine
Many talented Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
I've never understood why cosplayers put so much importance on having the right eye color. Very few people are going to notice and even fewer are going to care. Instead of spending $70 - 100 on contacts that you'll have to replace in 6 months to a year, why not concentrate on making costume and props pretty? I'm guarantee you a well-constructed costume will last you a lot longer and bring you more joy than a couple of pieces of gas-permeable plastic.
I understand not using contacts if your eyes can't tolerate them. Besides, there are other tricks with make-up like wearing eyeshadow of the eye color of your character. But contacts cost pretty less than the costume itself (around $25) and they can last forever. The contacts sold in these sites are pretty cheap and good quality, and I have never had problems with them: http://www.honeycolor.com and http://www.youknowit.com I have also found single contacts in my city optician's shops for 6 € each (only natural colors, of course). They last for 3 months, but can be used several times if they are not worn daily.

I have the same color contacts for my cosplays since I started using them and if I change the liquid once a month and use them only for cosplay, they can last for years. I've never bought them again. Most circle lenses and fantasy lenses last for a year, but if you take proper care of them you still can use them, as long as you use the contacts just for cosplay.
RydiaValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #20188
FuntomKitten
Prince With No Crown

Peeves:
1) Sister. I got detangler for my Ririchiyo wig, with my own money, for myself. I'm fine with you borrowing it if you ask when you need it. But don't you even try to put my damn things that I use for cosplay with your stuff. You're leaving for college soon, and I don't care how broke you are, if you use up the bottle or take it with you, you are buying me a new one.
STOP STEALING MY COSPLAY STUFF BECAUSE YOU LIKE IT YOURSELF.
(It wouldn't be such a big deal if she hadn't nearly lost 2 of my most important items of makeup for cosplay in the past then yelled at me for getting upset)

2) Peeve of myself...I get jealous/envious of what other people have for their costumes way too easily..Especially with Ciel. I want an overcoat too after seeing my friend get one but I have a creeping feeling if I try to get one I'll be thought of as stealing their thunder or trying to upstage them since seeing them have one reminded me that I want one too. Bonus points as I live in a very warm state and would have use for it at one single convention that gets cold. Seriously self, stop wanting everything everyone else has, it's only getting you into negative thoughts and trouble.

3) Long wigs with straight cut bangs. They are SO HARD to keep where I want them, and require a lot of pulling down and grooming to get them to look right ;-;
Facebook
DeviantArt
Tumblr

Cosplays
Nanami Chiaki (Super Dangan Ronpa 2) {Waiting/ 90% DONE}
Mirai Kuriyama (Kyoukai no Kanata) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Rikka Takanashi (Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai!) {Planning/ 0% DONE}
Grell Sutcliff and Ciel Phantomhive (Kuroshitsuji) {Revamping/ New Version}
Upcoming Cons
Momocon 2014, AAD Fall+Winter 2014, Seishuncon 2014, AWA 2014
FuntomKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:37 PM   #20189
AshofRebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigress View Post
They're actually quite noticeable when you do choose to wear it. They're definitely NOT needed, but there's this extra "pop" when you do get contacts. It's like the sprinkles ontop of a cupcake.

That said, I've never spent anywhere near even $70 when gets a pair. And they all last a year.. You just need to be smart about where to look.

I support Loose Cannons Props! And you should too!
AshofRebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #20190
trmbngrl
Britt

Incorrect bias tape... I didn't even notice it for a while but... gah. ><
I just want everyone to know how to get a cleaner finish!!!
trmbngrl is offline   Reply With Quote