Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 05-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #20776
gearheaded-seamstress
Mama Crow

Surprise pictures... Especially when I'm not looking. I've seen it done and had it done to me so many times. It takes like, two seconds to ask and usually no one minds posing... ITS WHY WE DRESS UP. Heck, last year at Nekocon my friend and I were cosplaying and we were headed out to leave. At her car, we fin her side view mirror knocked off. So we headed back in to find gorilla tape and all that. She was mad as all and when someone stopped us for a pic, she was a real trooper. :3 BUT SOMEONE asked not just took a pic of her while she looked royally pissed off D:
Otakon
Nekocon
gearheaded-seamstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #20777
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Trying to clear out some of your old cosplays when most of them are obscure characters or variations (and with one, damaged but still wearable/fixable, so I'm selling mega-cheap)... urgh. These are going to be a tough sell for the most part. And everything I get for them goes into my college savings (I'm not expecting much, but every dollar counts).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #20778
Schweigie
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirayuki~Chan View Post
Pet peeve: Have a big head.

At a convention this weekend, I discovered I have a rather large head, and because of that, I'll probably will have to buy wigs from Arda, which wouldn't be terrible but they're always out of stock. Always. Especially black wigs, which a few characters that I want to cosplay in the future have! Ugh.
I would hate to quote an old pet peeve but it's actually the polar opposite with me.

I have such a small head and short hair on top of that, making Arda wigs uncomfortably big on me. Which is a real shame because they have a gorgeous selection and I really detest buying wigs off ebay.

Rose Lalonde - Homestuck - [god tier] - revamp
Dirk Strider - Homestuck - [god tier] - WIP - [dreamer] - WIP

Schweigie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #20779
emmisu
King of Toast

Being flat chested but having big hips. It can't fit the curvy OR the flat/streamlined characters =_=

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 11:08 PM   #20780
ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schweigie View Post
I would hate to quote an old pet peeve but it's actually the polar opposite with me.

I have such a small head and short hair on top of that, making Arda wigs uncomfortably big on me. Which is a real shame because they have a gorgeous selection and I really detest buying wigs off ebay.
I'm discovering that with Arda wigs right now. Big poofy bag-thing on my head, trying to take it in and it's not really working.

And after Jack's, I have to do the same thing with Judal's wig. Why did I order two. D;

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren (Fire Emblem), Fox (RWBY)
Upgrading : Sheik (armor), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:47 PM   #20781
HelloKittyQueen
Strange and Adorable :3

Falling in absolute love with a character who you look NOTHING like. I'm a 32DDD and I always end up liking the Loli-esque characters who get teased for having flat chests and being so adorable. For instance, Taiga Aisaka from Toradora! is such an amazing character and we sort of act similarly. When I tell people that I adore her they always go: "Oh, but you would make a better Ami, you have her body!" FML
Balalaika from Black Lagoon ----> In progress
HelloKittyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:45 AM   #20782
Suuki
Kahl the Jew

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKittyQueen View Post
Falling in absolute love with a character who you look NOTHING like. I'm a 32DDD and I always end up liking the Loli-esque characters who get teased for having flat chests and being so adorable. For instance, Taiga Aisaka from Toradora! is such an amazing character and we sort of act similarly. When I tell people that I adore her they always go: "Oh, but you would make a better Ami, you have her body!" FML
If you aren't too big to bind, there is always that. ^^
Anime California '15
Pacific Media Expo '15
Anime Los Angeles '16
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #20783
gearheaded-seamstress
Mama Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuki View Post
If you aren't too big to bind, there is always that. ^^
Sadly, that's harder to cover up. I managed to bind and I'm a 32 F, so I feel the pain. I always cosplay guys now, it seems, and my friend is like "Why don't you cosplay girls?"

I've got my reasons.

Anyway to make this more on topic: I hate cosplayers who act standoff ish and make you feel like you can't approach them at all. It's always discouraging when you go to approach them, they are like. "I'm too amazing to be talked to, piss off" *siiigh*
Otakon
Nekocon
gearheaded-seamstress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #20784
sandra03

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmisu View Post
Being flat chested but having big hips. It can't fit the curvy OR the flat/streamlined characters =_=
ahaha I know what you mean. In general I really think you can pull off a character well without being the exact bodytype, and really who cares as long as you have fun with it. BUT... some styles of outfits really only fit that bodytype, or like involve skimpy strapless tops that don't necessarily work for someone without a big chest, or maybe show more skin than you're comfortable with. But in cases like that I don't think it's a big deal to modify the character's outfit to something you're more comfortable with as long as it's done well and still fits with the character and is recognizable. like adding straps to a strapless outfit wouldn't really make or break a character imo, or making the skirt an inch longer, or whatever...

I guess one of my peeves (though I'm new so I don't really have a lot of peeves yet haha) is exactly that. That either people feel restricted on what they can dress as based on their body type, or that other people might judge a cosplayer based on their body type vs the cosplay they choose to wear. We don't do it to show off our goodies right, it's all in fun, so people should be able to cosplay as whatever they want with whatever they've got.

also, the stuff I've seen circulating around facebook and other communities about sexual harassment at cons. Just because a girl might choose a cosplay that shows a lot of skin does not give anyone the right to harass them physically or verbally. And I always thought the anime community especially was better than that. I don't wear skimpy outfits generally, but I shouldn't have to consider how much skin a cosplay might show because of fear of harassment, or buy extra items like shorts to wear under a skirt just in case some jerk tries to get a pantyshot or something. It's really disgusting and disappointing that this happens.
sandra03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #20785
HelloKittyQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesexnpocky View Post
Sadly, that's harder to cover up. I managed to bind and I'm a 32 F, so I feel the pain. I always cosplay guys now, it seems, and my friend is like "Why don't you cosplay girls?"

I've got my reasons.
I have frequent back problems due to being so top heavy and finding bras that don't hurt me or make it difficult to breathe is a challenge. I can't imagine attempting to bind my breasts, I think that would be the death of me.
Unread 05-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #20786
ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesexnpocky View Post
Anyway to make this more on topic: I hate cosplayers who act standoff ish and make you feel like you can't approach them at all. It's always discouraging when you go to approach them, they are like. "I'm too amazing to be talked to, piss off" *siiigh*
I never understood that. We're weirdos in costumes. There is no 'cool'.

facebook page // nh cosplay events

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Constructing : Soren (Fire Emblem), Fox (RWBY)
Upgrading : Sheik (armor), Cloud (wig and armor)
ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #20787
Padmik
mikky

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKittyQueen View Post
I have frequent back problems due to being so top heavy and finding bras that don't hurt me or make it difficult to breathe is a challenge. I can't imagine attempting to bind my breasts, I think that would be the death of me.
Having a larger chest is such a pain when it comes to crossplaying ughh. I can flatten my chest fairly well and feel fine for a long period of time, but once I get home and take off the binding, I can hear the angels singing lol

Current peeve as of now... Ehhh. I have suddenly turned into my friend's cosplay bud or something and I mean, I don't mind that she wants to talk cosplay with me, but that's all she talks to me about now :| It's rather unfortunate for her too because I'm so on and off when it comes to starting on cosplay, so I'm just like =AAA= when she brings up sewing parties. Like dude I'm not dragging around a heavy ass sewing machine.

[Tumblr] [Instagram] [Wordpress]

2017 Conventions
Wondercon, SWCO, Megacon, DragonCon

WIP Cosplays
Belle (town dress) - BatB 60% | Elizabeth - Bioshock Infinite 15% | Ana Amari (captain) - Overwatch 15% | Padme Amidala (lake dress) - Star Wars 0% | Padme Amidala (Naboo Pilot) - Star Wars 0%
Padmik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:34 PM   #20788
emmisu
King of Toast

Not having any cosplay friends at school

I want to work on costuming but like... I have no motivation. My BF doesn't have opinions on it (unless its terrible I guess lol)
I could really use a cosplay friend here to motivate me and we can work together and help each other

Plans:
Cerise Hood (EAH)
emmisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #20789
HelloKittyQueen

Getting backed out on at the last minute is also a pet peeve. I've been screwed over by 'friends' who within a week of a convention decide that they don't want to cosplay anymore or have no money.
Unread 05-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #20790
Shana05
Survivor

Having a nearly completed cosplay but for whatever reason, you never get around to finishing it. My Royal Suit Alice cosplay has been like 90% done for months. I've started and completed other projects since then. Why can I never bring myself to finish that thing?

A-Kon: fem!Haruka Nanase (Free! Iwatobi Swim Club) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon) - Audrey II (Little Shop of Horrors)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote