Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > General Construction Help

Unread 01-12-2017, 04:13 AM   #1
Diowalf
Trash

Talking Need help with my Sans cosplay head

So a while back I purchased a custom-made Sans head off of Etsy that looks really cool! The only problem is that it's big and by big I mean the inside is suuuuper big.
Here's some images of the head
http://imgur.com/gallery/CcBL6

When I wear the head, it tends to bobble when I move about swivel when I turn.
I was thinking of padding out the insides so it's a lot more snug and tight, stopping it from bobbling n' swivelling like that.
I was thinking of using some kind of foam or sponges and glue them inside, would that work? Anyone got any experience with this kinda thing? Any help would be appreciated as I'm kinda new to this.
Diowalf is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-12-2017, 07:29 AM   #2
Penlowe

Yes. Professionally made mascot heads that are intentionally oversized are lined with furniture type foam for a nice snug fit. Rubber cement is best for this foam & surface combination.

Furniture foam tends to catch hair when left raw, I advise covering it with something soft like tee shirt jersey if you have any length at all.
Penlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2017, 07:45 AM   #3
Diowalf
Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penlowe View Post
Yes. Professionally made mascot heads that are intentionally oversized are lined with furniture type foam for a nice snug fit. Rubber cement is best for this foam & surface combination.

Furniture foam tends to catch hair when left raw, I advise covering it with something soft like tee shirt jersey if you have any length at all.
So I should stuff the head with clothes in order to pad it out to stop it from being such a loose fit? I dunno about that..wouldn't the clothes fall out or slip out or something?
Unread 01-12-2017, 11:30 AM   #4
DlGlT
Just call me Digit

She means the fabric, not the clothing. Depending on just HOW loose it is you might just be able to buy/use bicycle helmet pads. (They're already covered in fabric)
DlGlT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2017, 03:11 AM   #5
Diowalf
Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DlGlT View Post
She means the fabric, not the clothing. Depending on just HOW loose it is you might just be able to buy/use bicycle helmet pads. (They're already covered in fabric)
Oh yeah like the padding stuff they have in them, I'd need a lot then for in order to make a tighter fit. Any idea where I'd buy that helmet pad stuff?
Unread 01-13-2017, 08:01 AM   #6
DlGlT
Just call me Digit

Best bet would probably be a bike shop or online. If the heads SUPER huge though, you might just want to attach a helmet in there. It really depends on how much space there is though.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr...qid=1484315951
DlGlT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2017, 11:29 PM   #7
Dictamnus Albus
visionary

if when its on your head, the gap is more than 2 fingers width all around
youll need more than helmet pad since thier usualy less than 3cm thick
(in helmets if you got that much extra space, they reccomend a smaller helmet)

but what penlowe meant is that using upholstery foam, hair and stuff snags it like crazy
so you want to also add a liner, so your not in direct contact with the foam
this liner can be any fabric really, but look for something that wont add to the static buildup

disclaimer* im not an expert, i simply add in my "2 cents" having a second opinion is always a safe bet
Dictamnus Albus is offline   Reply With Quote