Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 07-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
CosplayJelly
The Greatest Jelly

tapered or hooded eyelid tutorials?

hello i have "hooded" eyelids. i've been having trouble with eye makeup because of the lack of cosplay tutorials for tapered eyelids. if you don't know what they are, here's an explanation. --> http://uhhsandy.blogspot.com/2011/09...f-eyelids.html
would any of you know where i can find tutorials for my eye type? or do u guys have any advice? i've tried following both double eyelid and monolid tutorials and they just don't work because my eyes are different. also, am i the only cosplayer with this issue? cuz i sure do feel like it.
Miss Fortune (LoL)- 0% thinking
Tera Elin- 0% thinking
Hermione- 99% waiting for shipment to arrive
Conventions~
OtakonAnime USAKatsucon!
CosplayJelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-12-2013, 10:35 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Kim Dao and Frmheadtotoe on YouTube have hooded lids. Lots of great makeup tutorials from both ladies.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
Haruhi13

I have the same type of eyelids! What I've found is a) contouring the crease doesn't work, because it just disappears when you open your eyes. What you have to do is put the contour right under the brow bone. That alteration works for most makeup tutorials, although unfortunately a cut crease is very difficult to manage.
Also, eyelid space is precious when you're working with hooded eyelids! I've discovered that looks that work with a horizontal rather than vertical gradient work the best, since they're visible even when your eyes are open. In other words, it's preferable to add your darker color on the outer corners, rather than in your crease.
However, you can also put a bright color just on the lid- that way, no one can see it when your eyes are open, but when you blink it's like a pop of color!
But as for falsies... -_- I think 90% of them touch my eyebrows because I have so little eyelid space! (Also, remember to prime your eyelids! Mine fold under really far, so eyeshadow starts migrating on my lids after about an hour unless I use UDPP or something).
Haruhi13 is offline   Reply With Quote