Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Pokemon

Unread 06-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #1666
Dango!
Perverted Milk Tea Fiend

Aww, thanks snowkirby. >///<! And that sucks. Gah, well they're just study leaves so I can just leave it at that. xD

Anyone have any idea what color Magic Leaf (Sp. Attack) is? [If not, I'll just stuff my pouch full of random colored leaves and throw them at people. xD]
Dango! is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-24-2009, 12:13 AM   #1667
Tatsu-chan

@ Xo Aria I hope I can describe this well enogh okay what ou could do is have the wings since they are so lightweight you could try one of 2 things one is to sew them on but that may not look right unless the jackets are form fitting, the other way I would suggest it is to cut some holes in the back of your outfit, depending on what your doing and wear them underneath so that they dont show through, since I don't have a good Idea of what it looks like I can't give you a really good idea
and I'm almost done with my wings and shoes for sharizard, U still have to make the base for my wings, its tough cause they are gonna flap but its worth it but I had a question...
Should they come out straight back or at a 45 degree angle? They can only flap in one direction but I don't want to hi anyone but at the same time I lso wanr it to look realistic
Tatsu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009, 09:51 PM   #1668
Darksilverhawk
Now in 3 fun colors!

I'm finally getting around to finishing the Natu Gijinka I started months ago. I plan to wear it for our 4th of July parade (my anime club is marching in it). I finished the kimono-part today, and I'm going to make the obi tomorrow, as well as style the wig.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1073.JPG (177.0 KB, 0 views)

"Any problem can be solved with some sort of pin. Safety pins, bobby pins, any pins; anytime you have a problem, just use the corresponding type of pin!" - My friend. Not a cosplayer, but wise indeed.
Darksilverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 01:06 AM   #1669
jareth

Just a quick question: I'm making a Mew gijinka and since it's basically a leotard with thigh high boots, I chose to go with a stretchy material. I have two types: a 4-way stretch cotton and a stretch velour. I thought the velour could simulate Mew's fur, but I'm starting to have doubts about it. Should I stick with the stretch cotton or use velour instead?
jareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 03:05 PM   #1670
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Darksilverhawk: ooh lovely Natu progress so far ^.^!! I can't wait to see it all done :3 that parade sounds like a blast hehe!!

@jareth: hmm I never used velour before :/...if it feels too furry though I would just stick with the stretch cotton.
Sunday - Espeon Gijinka (Pokemon)
snowkirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #1671
Darksilverhawk
Now in 3 fun colors!

jareth: Not having seen the fabric, I think the velour would look better, but it's up to you.

@topic: My Natu pictures are up!

"Any problem can be solved with some sort of pin. Safety pins, bobby pins, any pins; anytime you have a problem, just use the corresponding type of pin!" - My friend. Not a cosplayer, but wise indeed.
Darksilverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #1672
bara-ame

-Darksilverhawk, you Natu is great!

I have decided to make a Manaphy gijinka. All I have is the wig, as of now.
bara-ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2009, 04:50 PM   #1673
Tatsu-chan

so my charizard is comin along splendidly! All I have left to do is put the eyes and teeth on the helmet, finish the wings(ie create a harness) and makr the facemask, tail dress and gloves, the boots look splendid and the helmet is looking great as well so does the wig
Tatsu-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #1674
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Darksilverhawk: your Natu is soo adorable!! I also love the hairclip ^_^! Your pics are so cute

@bara-ame and Tatsu-chan: hehe awesome ^.^! I can't wait to see your Gijinkas !!

I think I might start my Espeon dress this week. I might wait a bit more on the wig tho b/c it seems to always be in stock lol.
Unread 07-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #1675
Dango!
Perverted Milk Tea Fiend

My wig came in! Yes! 10% discount from Cosworx = god. :'D Now I can try styling it for Leafeon. Weee~!
Also, I found out that Tea Leaves are better than Birds of Paradise leaves for ears...

Hey, does Leafeon use vine whip? >_o;; From what I remember, he does not... but I could be wrong.
I asked because I revised my costume a bit. Instead of a leaf blade I'm braiding vines together to make a whip. Get it, a vine whip? Ahaha. I know, it's weird but that's my new plan. I hope no one calls me out on that. >_o;;
Unread 07-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #1676
caisse
the sugoi princess

So, Pikachu's shirt has been sitting around, waiting for brown stripes and a lovely tail for a couple days, now, but I don't know exactly how to go about the tail itself.

The stripes are simple - just sew some brown fabric! But for his stupid, weirdly-shaped but still adorable tail, I'm not sure how to keep it stable, stay up, and soft. I was thinking of using wire or even the pieces of a plastic hanger I accidentally broke the other day, but would I still be able to stuff it and make it soft?

To keep it up, I was thinking of something like this:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n.../pikaidea1.jpg
(lol, I bothered to color a 30 second sketch...)

Would this keep it in line, stabilize, and still be able to be stuffed so it's soft and squishy to the passerbys who feel the need to squish it? (I consider ALL types when I plan. :3) If I'm not going in the right direction, please let me know!

PS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dango! View Post
Hey, does Leafeon use vine whip? >_o;; From what I remember, he does not... but I could be wrong.
I asked because I revised my costume a bit. Instead of a leaf blade I'm braiding vines together to make a whip. Get it, a vine whip? Ahaha. I know, it's weird but that's my new plan. I hope no one calls me out on that. >_o;;
I'm pretty sure people will be more enthralled with the fact that you took the time to MAKE a vine whip rather than analyze the accuracy of whether or not Leafeon uses vine whip. I know that I would just be delighted to see such dedication and creativity! <3 Go for it!

katsucon 2012
friday;; feferi peixes [homestuck] | ramona flowers [scott pilgrim]
saturday;; stocking anarchy [pswg] | catherine [catherine]
sunday meenah peixes [homestuck]

caisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #1677
Aciano
Light and Shadow

Yay! I just finished my Jirachi costume =3= I just need to finish the boots and I'll be done. But that's till next year lol.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2118114/

Seee? Lol. XP I'll also probably do something to make it poof out later too.

Sakura - Fire Emblem Fates
Nostradamus - Eiyuu Senki
Prince - 1/2 Prince
Cyan - Show by Rock
Astrologian - FFXIV
Kohinata Hozumi - Prince of Stride
Hiro Hamada - Big Hero 6
Akatsuki - Log Horizon
Aciano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #1678
Dango!
Perverted Milk Tea Fiend

@Megzy-Chan: Aww, thank you thank you. ^^;; I certainly hope so since one of my friends did call me out on it. >_> And I had to smack their face in with my whip, ho ho.

ANYWAY.

For your tail, I do actually have a tip! Last year a girl also did a Pikachu Gijika. Her tail wasn't soft and fluffy, but it was suspended with fishing line so it stood up (seemingly) by itself.

[X]

But I'm sure you could craft pieces of the tail from craft foam and hot glue them together and sew on the cloth after wards. Or make it like a pillow: cute out the fabric, sew it with a space and stuff it.
Unread 07-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #1679
snowkirby
Kaka powers - UNITE!

@Dango!: I'm not sure if Leafeon does use Vine Whip either but the idea sounds super awesome and you should go for it anyway XD! If you wanna doubly make sure you can always look up its movesets on a Pokemon fansite lol.

@Hikari: your Jirachi is soooo cute!!! Your hat looks so soft too ^.^ :: pokes it::!

@Megzy-chan: I think the ring will do well if you wanna go for the plush route for the tail I mean so long as people actually don't tug down your tail b/c that's rude O.o you should be fine lol! Plus if you sew it in good, they'd have to tug it really obnoxously hard for it to rip off ^_^;;. And by then you would've used Thunderbolt and sent them to the moon lmao!

::Pikafans are blasting off agaaainn!! ..ding! :: Damn my imagination.
Unread 07-05-2009, 08:11 PM   #1680
NichiChan
Sux at spelling...

Hi ^^ I'm not gonna post for a while, but after a friend telling me what Gijinka is, I'm planning on making a Eevee cosplay >< so yeah, not gonna be for a while, but some thing to plan ahead for! XD
COSPLAY LIST TEND TO CHANGE FAIR WARNING
FANIME: Default Yoko(Gurren Lagann), Steampunk!Yoko(Gurren Lagann), Munchlax(pokemon), Steampunk bellydancer(original), Tweek(South Park), Witch(Left 4 Dead)
I love how ADD my list is 8D
NichiChan is offline   Reply With Quote