Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Original Designs

Unread 06-08-2003, 06:36 PM   #1
Xx Lulu xX
Seriously, Im back...

Original Character Cosplay..??

What do you all think of cosplaying as one of your own original characters/costumes? Personally, i have nothing againts it, and i encourage it, and plan on crossplaying as an original drawing, i'll attach the pic later. What are your views?
Xx Lulu xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2003, 08:04 PM   #2
Luna Selene
Bookworm Extraordinaire

I find it to be a great idea, really ^_^; No matter how extravagant it is. This is coming from someone who intends on writing creatively for a living, and loves making up her own characters...so...I don't really know what others will think of it. So far I've done two of my own character's outfits either because I wanted to or it would work really well for a specific event I've attended. However, if someone's the type who wants a lot of attention and pictures at cons..I'd say dressing as your original character wouldn't be the best idea, unless it was near Yaya's Fire Fairy quality.

Just my thoughts. And above all, dress as whatever character you like, your own ideas or others, because you like it!
Luna Selene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2003, 12:26 AM   #3
!*Jessi-Chan*!
Teach Me, Miss Litchi!

There's a thread about this in the 'Other Costumes' forums.

I like it! It's wonderful seeing peoples own creations. It shows creativity and originality. I write original stories and would cosplay my characters in a heartbeat
!*Jessi-Chan*! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2003, 11:45 AM   #4
makonurikoryoko

http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread...&threadid=6271 heres the thread about original costumes ^^
and heres one about original costumes to Otakon
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread...&threadid=9204
I really do like original costume becaus ethey let you be as creative as you want. I dont like original designs tha are like a pair of jeans and a tshirt with kitty ears.. ^^;;; i dont thik thats putting in alot of effort. But right now Im working on an EGL outfit and its pretty complex, kinda gettin on my nerves now lol, and im helping my friends with an original kitty costume. I also think theyre great for proms lol My friend just did one of Evilchiis designs for her prom dress so hopefully i can get pics of it soon XD I wanna see it! lol
So have fun creating your own designs, but dont half-arse them ^.~
makonurikoryoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2003, 01:11 PM   #5
Neko-Hika-chan
Nyan!

I'm sure... cosplaying is cool!
Cosplaying your fav. chara of anime and manga is great!!
Cosplaying your own chara!!!! Great amaziinnnnnnnnnnng!!
I wanna see a pic of your chara!!
Neko-Hika-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2003, 05:46 PM   #6
Sana-chan
I know, right?

I've always wanted to cosplay as an original character. I think it's really creative and if worn to a con there's bound to be people that'll take pictures of you anyway ^_^.
Sana-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2003, 06:42 PM   #7
Neko Cathy

I've done one at Otakon last year (a catgirl in a long, purple medieval dress) and Katsucon (catgirl in oriental emerald green dress w/ a Digi Charat fan) and recieved a lot of good compliments for the costume and originality. However, the downside is that you don't gain much attention, people don't recognize you and you don't get to have pictures taken UNLESS your costume is very eye catching and creative.

Last edited by Neko Cathy : 06-09-2003 at 06:45 PM.
Neko Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2003, 07:59 PM   #8
xpinkstarsx
Terror of Zanarkand

I think original characters are awesome, I plan on doing a catgirl costume soon, the only downside is at Sugoicon (the ONLY local con around here), original characters don't qualify for contests.....but hey, prizes are not my main cosplay motivation anyway!
Unread 06-09-2003, 08:01 PM   #9
makonurikoryoko

^ thats a good point.. lol I think cons should have an original character contest too... well big cons! Thatd be soo fun
Unread 06-09-2003, 08:25 PM   #10
Luna Selene
Bookworm Extraordinaire

>D But how could they possibly choose a winner if so many outfits would turn out so beautiful?

It would be neat though, to have a photoshoot at a con with JUST originals..it would be like a large fashion show or shoot, something around those lines, but still interesting since all the costumes would be so unique ^_^
Luna Selene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2003, 08:38 PM   #11
makonurikoryoko

^ yeah I think were trying to do one at Otakon... its on one of the threads I linked >.<
Unread 06-09-2003, 08:43 PM   #12
Xx Lulu xX
Seriously, Im back...

^

I'd join if we had one next year.....-.- im swamped....hell i dunno if i could fit it in NEXT year..o.O; i have 6 for next year
Xx Lulu xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2003, 11:49 PM   #13
White Ninja
green leaf village ninja

i've been one original character...at Otakon '02....i was Punk Lupin....got my picture taken a few times and some people even knew who i was!
White Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2003, 03:09 AM   #14
lunasreincarnat
hallelujah, lock and load

lol my friends sometimes cosplay in oringal costumes and say were from some fake made up manga... and people... act like they have read it. " oh ya iv read that manga you look just like her!"
lunasreincarnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2003, 06:52 AM   #15
Koiji Shugotenshi

That's what I want to do (my own characters), I think it is great because you won't see any copies of yourself (Ex. I go to a con dressed as Cloud, and I see 3-4 other Clouds)

And also no one will have a better costume of the same character :P so you will get all the attention :P

- Pain of Salvation (Daniel Gildenlow)
Koiji Shugotenshi is offline   Reply With Quote