Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 10-06-2014, 09:11 PM   #6916
Alichuu
The Kitsune

Working on my Miqo'te cosplay since I had to drop Palutena :/ I left my stuff at my boyfriend's house and Wed we're gonna have a cosplay date so we can work on his dragoon armor and my Miqo'te top. I'm just waiting for the red skirt to come in so I can modify it.
Alichuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2014, 11:45 PM   #6917
Eldi
Jelly Sausage

Took my first stab at drafting Rose Quartz's dress pattern. I'm trying to get a bell shaped silhouette by extending a princess seamed bodice pattern, and I'm just not sure how possible it is To further complicate things, there's supposed to be a large star cutout showing her stomach, so I can't make a petticoat that sits at my waist unless I fill the star with opaque fabric. I've been waiting for months for them to reveal what her whole body/outfit looks like on the show and it's honestly not that thrilling to me but will be annoying to make :| Buuuut, I can't drop this costume for many reasons
Eldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2014, 09:14 AM   #6918
lelechan

As weird as it sounds, I need to clean up my apartment before I can work any more on cosplay stuff. I've got two wigs that will be ordered Friday, though, so when those come in I can start working on them.

Once I get my apartment cleaned up, I'm going desk/table and chair hunting, then I'm gonna start working on a casual fem!Sora Halloween Town design that I've been mulling over in my head.
lelechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2014, 09:36 AM   #6919
kandell

Last night I fitted my bunny suit! All I need to do now is add the flame details and the puppy is done! :3
Facebook
AC Paradise
Twitter
kandell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2014, 11:24 AM   #6920
Maurishio-kun
17 forever!!

Sewing Zoe's skirt and vest, all pieces are together now it's time to sew hems and add their few but distinctive graphic details (you know, the clear lines from the sides)

"I have two dreams in my life: Going to Japan and throwing eggs to Jeannie Mai."

Maurishio-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2014, 11:27 AM   #6921
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi View Post
Took my first stab at drafting Rose Quartz's dress pattern. I'm trying to get a bell shaped silhouette by extending a princess seamed bodice pattern, and I'm just not sure how possible it is To further complicate things, there's supposed to be a large star cutout showing her stomach, so I can't make a petticoat that sits at my waist unless I fill the star with opaque fabric. I've been waiting for months for them to reveal what her whole body/outfit looks like on the show and it's honestly not that thrilling to me but will be annoying to make :| Buuuut, I can't drop this costume for many reasons
I've seen a lot of rose quartz cosplayers who make an applique for the star with fabric in their skin tone. In my opinion, this looks a lot nicer because cutouts tend to flop around and lose their shape unless there's some REALLY heavy interfacing behind it. With an applique, you can just glue the gem to the fabric, too, instead of having to deal with sticking it to your skin. Just a thought!
schmemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2014, 01:17 PM   #6922
Eldi
Jelly Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmemy View Post
I've seen a lot of rose quartz cosplayers who make an applique for the star with fabric in their skin tone. In my opinion, this looks a lot nicer because cutouts tend to flop around and lose their shape unless there's some REALLY heavy interfacing behind it. With an applique, you can just glue the gem to the fabric, too, instead of having to deal with sticking it to your skin. Just a thought!
I was planning to use a skintone mesh or something originally, to prevent floppiness, I guess it wouldn't be much different to use an opaque fabric. I wonder what would be best to look like skin?
I did a few petticoat experiments later yesterday, and I think I can get the shape right with stacked pettis and a looser skirt, but when I do that the skirts also poofs out at my lower stomach (where the "cutout" would be) which would look really odd if I'm going for the illusion of skin. I'm going to build my own petticoat for this dress and I guess I can do all the gathering on the sides and back, and try to keep the front flat, but I don't know how weird that will look. I've got like 10 yards of nylon net so I guess it won't hurt to try!
Eldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #6923
FieryFari
Kill la Killing it

Working on Lady's (DMC3) shirt

| World Cosplay | Cospix |
| Instagram: @fieryfari |
| Cosplay Amino |

Mental Illness & Mental Health Awareness
FieryFari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2014, 08:08 AM   #6924
WondererBailey
o3o)/

Started drafting out AoS!Levi's helmet~
Also started drawing up the pattern for Judal's staff <3

Lushen - [Summoners War] - 90% / Velajuel - [Summoners War] - Early Stages
Luna (Illusionist Skin) - [Summoners War] - Planning

2018 Cons: Kumoricon

W. Bailey Photography
World Cosplay
WondererBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2014, 03:40 PM   #6925
AkiJudaichan

I've started looking up materials for hit girl and I started drawing my pattern for Sinon.

SERE 2017
Saturday: Nakasaki Nora and Freya Rose (MES characters)

Momocon 2017
Thursday: Sailor Jaden (Sailor Moon X Yugioh GX)
Friday: Morning Yubel (Yugioh GX), Afternoon Victor (Yuri on Ice), Evening MES
Saturday: Ventus (Kingdom Hearts), Evening MES
Sunday: Victor (Yuri on Ice!)

Dragoncon 2017
Thursday: Heart (Dreamscape)
Friday: Eliatrov Von Heart (Dreamscape)
Saturday: Ladybug
Sunday: Arilya Friment (Dreamscape)
Monday: Yubel (Yugioh GX)
AkiJudaichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2014, 03:50 PM   #6926
schmemy
shh-meh-mee

I need interfacing and bias tape before I can do anything else on Dagger, but I'm painfully broke after two cons in a row and paying rent. :/ I might work on his pants and as much of the skirt thing as I can do until I can get to Joann's. But I do have a lot of leftover leather from my SNK uniform, so I can get started on Senketsu's suspenders/boob patch at least.
schmemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2014, 03:56 PM   #6927
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Got a (so far) 2 person RWBY group goin..Lookin to see if my other friends wanna join in..
So right now, I'm looking for a way to make a hat I have black instead of the red it is..It's felt so I need to find out how to paint it..My friend will be Roman Torchwick to my Neo. So I'm giving her my hat..lol Anyway this is what I am working on for now..I'll be working on Neo's outfit come the weekend most likely.
-Created Character [SAO Hollow Realization]
-Cloud [Dissidia Final Fantasy]
-Red [Pokemon Fire Red]
-Gohan [DBZ]
Jei-Cos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2014, 04:07 PM   #6928
RedRosesxx
Ember

I am currently working on my Ayase Yukiya cosplay. I'm working on buying the materials though.

--

Youmacon 2015 ~ Attending As - Ayase Yukiya
RedRosesxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2014, 07:51 PM   #6929
Reily96
Zelda & Kimono Obsessed

Should really consider sitting down and taking apart a kimono so I can redo Kenshin.

... Yeah, I should do that.

Last edited by Reily96 : 11-05-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Reily96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #6930
Rogue-Eaglet

November is being a meanie to my wallet, so I'm taking the month to clean and re-organize the workspace. I'm also researching/gathering references for my 2015 projects: Sinbad in the Imuchakk outfit and the 3DMG for Armin.
Rogue-Eaglet is offline   Reply With Quote