Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Reply
Thread Tools
Unread 12-09-2016, 03:39 PM   #46
BrexelGames
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 1
Hello, Im new to cosplay and I was thinking about doing Mechaqueen Pharah, but I am not 100% sure, how to do it. I want to use EVA Foam as base, because of price reasons. Do you have any ideas on it?
BrexelGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2016, 12:04 PM   #47
Milky Bubbles
(◍ᴗ◍)
 
Milky Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrexelGames View Post
Hello, Im new to cosplay and I was thinking about doing Mechaqueen Pharah, but I am not 100% sure, how to do it. I want to use EVA Foam as base, because of price reasons. Do you have any ideas on it?
Sounds great to me!
EVA foam can be your best friend but considering the fact that you are new to cosplay, you may want to choose something that isn't so complicated.

There are plenty of resources on working with EVA foam and making armor from it and I wish you all the luck!

On YouTube you are definitely going to want to take a peek at these people:

-Punished Props
-Evil Ted Smith

Good luck with it, it'll take a lot of hard work(and paint)! Let us know how it goes!
__________________
cυrrεηт ωιρ cσsтυмε(s)

-Mercy bunnysuit(Overwatch)
-Solaria(End Breaker!)

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s) σf 2018:

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:

Katsucon 2019

Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2016, 01:30 PM   #48
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.
 
Lost Cause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 747
I mean I guess the only major reason why I'm not doing Tracer instead is that I could never find a good pattern for her jacket. Hrm.
__________________
Cosplans 2018
Silk / Cindy Moon - MCM London (October)
TBD - MCM Birmingham and possible others (November)

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2016, 06:46 AM   #49
Milky Bubbles
(◍ᴗ◍)
 
Milky Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
I mean I guess the only major reason why I'm not doing Tracer instead is that I could never find a good pattern for her jacket. Hrm.
To be totally honest, trying to draft a pattern for her jacket is a pain but there is a video on YouTube of a really sweet lady that shows off her pattern that she made?
But I think I'd much rather just buy one because she has the most funky bomber-like jacket of all time, especially those sides. Ugh.

But here is that video if you want to watch it! She is super sweet and did quite a lot about her Tracer cosplay to try and help people out.
__________________
cυrrεηт ωιρ cσsтυмε(s)

-Mercy bunnysuit(Overwatch)
-Solaria(End Breaker!)

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s) σf 2018:

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:

Katsucon 2019

Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2017, 07:50 PM   #50
Sakura Blizzard
Remember Monty Oum
 
Sakura Blizzard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 574
I'm super hyped about the Lunar skins since I'm Chinese. I'm tempted to make Dva's hanbok. What I'm planning to make is Young Hanzo however. I can't tell if I want to make a golden bow and arrow so I don't have to make a new bow and arrow for every different skin I want to make. Because I also love his Okami skin and will make a fem Hanzo later on. RIP me.
Sakura Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2017, 04:40 AM   #51
PeaceDivision
Thief of Light
 
PeaceDivision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 16
I'm currently working on Junkenstein, and will soon start working on Witch Mercy. I'm also going to help my boyfriend make his Roadrat and Pumpkin Reaper cosplays.

PeaceDivision is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2017, 08:26 AM   #52
Milky Bubbles
(◍ᴗ◍)
 
Milky Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceDivision View Post
I'm currently working on Junkenstein, and will soon start working on Witch Mercy. I'm also going to help my boyfriend make his Roadrat and Pumpkin Reaper cosplays.

Your glove looks awesome so far!
I wish this thread didn't get buried, I'm so late in seeing this stuff. @ v@

I am going to be helping my boyfriend with his Soldier 76 cosplay which he really needs to get started on because May is going to be here before we know it...

I am currently working on Witch Mercy myself, hopefully my molds for things arrive soon so I can really start cracking out progress.
I also need to figure out what the heck is going on with my order of Worbla and Flexbond.

I just wanna finish my book, I didn't expect to jump through 50 hoops. :')
__________________
cυrrεηт ωιρ cσsтυмε(s)

-Mercy bunnysuit(Overwatch)
-Solaria(End Breaker!)

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s) σf 2018:

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:

Katsucon 2019

Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2017, 08:28 AM   #53
Milky Bubbles
(◍ᴗ◍)
 
Milky Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura Blizzard View Post
I'm super hyped about the Lunar skins since I'm Chinese. I'm tempted to make Dva's hanbok. What I'm planning to make is Young Hanzo however. I can't tell if I want to make a golden bow and arrow so I don't have to make a new bow and arrow for every different skin I want to make. Because I also love his Okami skin and will make a fem Hanzo later on. RIP me.
I say make the golden bow and arrow and just keep it at that, haha.
I mean, unless you love suffering and truly want to make a weapon to match every skin you want to do.

I'm ridiculous and make my weapons match my cosplays every time I make one so I have weapons out the wazoo. Adding more Overwatch cospalys to my lists does not help, of course but I have 0 self control.

But I am glad that I ditched Posh Tracer and am just sticking to her Classic skin.

I'm excited to see what event we are gonna get next!
__________________
cυrrεηт ωιρ cσsтυмε(s)

-Mercy bunnysuit(Overwatch)
-Solaria(End Breaker!)

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s) σf 2018:

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:

Katsucon 2019

Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2017, 08:37 AM   #54
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.
 
Lost Cause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 747
OK, so since someone advised me to do less spandex-heavy costumes for the time being, I'm investigating other options.

With that in mind, does anyone have any pattern suggestions for Mei's coat?
__________________
Cosplans 2018
Silk / Cindy Moon - MCM London (October)
TBD - MCM Birmingham and possible others (November)

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2017, 10:07 AM   #55
Milky Bubbles
(◍ᴗ◍)
 
Milky Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
OK, so since someone advised me to do less spandex-heavy costumes for the time being, I'm investigating other options.

With that in mind, does anyone have any pattern suggestions for Mei's coat?
I don't have a pattern per say, but I found some blog posts about her coat!
Here is one specifically about her coat!
The blogger also did one about her boots and gloves as well!

There is also this tutorial, but it seems like a lot of this is just trial-and-error.

There was also a post here on Cosplay.com that may or may not help you in some way?

Nothing exact, but I hope those will at least help you a little!
__________________
cυrrεηт ωιρ cσsтυмε(s)

-Mercy bunnysuit(Overwatch)
-Solaria(End Breaker!)

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s) σf 2018:

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:

Katsucon 2019

Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2017, 10:11 AM   #56
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.
 
Lost Cause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bubbles View Post
I don't have a pattern per say, but I found some blog posts about her coat!
Here is one specifically about her coat!
The blogger also did one about her boots and gloves as well!

There is also this tutorial, but it seems like a lot of this is just trial-and-error.

There was also a post here on Cosplay.com that may or may not help you in some way?

Nothing exact, but I hope those will at least help you a little!

That's perfect. Thanks!
__________________
Cosplans 2018
Silk / Cindy Moon - MCM London (October)
TBD - MCM Birmingham and possible others (November)

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2017, 08:41 PM   #57
Milky Bubbles
(◍ᴗ◍)
 
Milky Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
That's perfect. Thanks!
Oh, awesome!
I am glad that stuff was actually able to help you!

Good luck with everything, I am sure you will make an adorable Mei!
__________________
cυrrεηт ωιρ cσsтυмε(s)

-Mercy bunnysuit(Overwatch)
-Solaria(End Breaker!)

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s) σf 2018:

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:

Katsucon 2019

Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2017, 08:51 PM   #58
POOTERS
Registered User
 
POOTERS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 320
Finally got a chance to cosplay Mercy!

__________________
facebook.com/princepooters

Next: Anime Boston(4/2017)

Last edited by POOTERS : 02-25-2017 at 08:55 PM.
POOTERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2017, 04:46 AM   #59
Lost Cause
You're in my way, sir.
 
Lost Cause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 747
And just to be extra annoying now that I've talked about doing someone else there's now a Tracer tutorial that refers to an actual commercial pattern.

Bleh.
__________________
Cosplans 2018
Silk / Cindy Moon - MCM London (October)
TBD - MCM Birmingham and possible others (November)

Instagram - Facebook
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2017, 07:17 AM   #60
Milky Bubbles
(◍ᴗ◍)
 
Milky Bubbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
And just to be extra annoying now that I've talked about doing someone else there's now a Tracer tutorial that refers to an actual commercial pattern.

Bleh.
Doesn't mean you can't add Tracer to your list for the future!
I am happy she put that video up, though, it's been about two months since she talked about doing it!

I've got to get to work on my Tracer cosplay, though, I have been horribly lazy about finishing her because I am getting to that point where my level of care is slowly dropping the closer Animazement gets...
__________________
cυrrεηт ωιρ cσsтυмε(s)

-Mercy bunnysuit(Overwatch)
-Solaria(End Breaker!)

fυтυrε cσsтυмε(s):

cσмρℓεтε∂ cσsтυмε(s) σf 2018:

cσηvεηтισηs ι αттεη∂/ωιℓℓ вε αттεη∂ιηg:

Katsucon 2019

Milky Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Copyright 2002-2018 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.