Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Unread 10-26-2004, 09:50 PM   #151
[harle]quin
Gacchup! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisu-sama
Ehhhh... at Iori E's age his mom has absolutely NO BUSINESS knowing what that area of his body looks like, so how could she know enough to "kill him"? :/

Secondly, judging from the current crop of adult movies out there, straight guys in "the industry" are now shaving "that hair" almost as often as the women. It's fashionable. (Note: I got this from published resources, not from personal experience. )
I can vouch. Many of my male friends and myself shave that area frequently (no, not together, pervs). There's various reasons I've heard for doing this. My reason, for instance is that I wear women's jeans, with are tight and usually low cut. I'm sure you can guess the problem. I've also heard that it makes habitual free-ballers more comfortable and that tangles in one's "bush" can make for unpleasant zipping and other things.

I also agree with the mother not having any business knowing about those issues. Sometime before puberty that knowledge should completely disappear. What you do with yourself is you own business when it comes to minor things like shaving. I'm not saying to go out and get piercings, etc. because your mom has no business stopping you, either. Hair grows back, so if you don't like the shaved feel you can just wait it out.

Anyone who's trying it for the first time, though, should know that the first few times it will itch horribly until your skin becomes accustomed to having hair shoved through it. It goes away after the third or fourth time, I promise.

-Harurei
[harle]quin is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-27-2004, 02:35 AM   #152
Ethereal
Layered Harmony

Quote:
Originally Posted by [harle]quin
Anyone who's trying it for the first time, though, should know that the first few times it will itch horribly until your skin becomes accustomed to having hair shoved through it. It goes away after the third or fourth time, I promise.

-Harurei
Yeah but that's the experience you get with shaving any part of you body, although I'm yet to try shaving "teh bush" of mine, but how exactly would you go about shaving it anyways? Surely that's a painful enough process the first time around? (if this question has already been asked feel free to moan at me, I have a lecture at University to get to in about 30 mins so I'm rushing this)
Unread 10-27-2004, 05:49 PM   #153
[harle]quin
Gacchup! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal
Yeah but that's the experience you get with shaving any part of you body, although I'm yet to try shaving "teh bush" of mine, but how exactly would you go about shaving it anyways? Surely that's a painful enough process the first time around? (if this question has already been asked feel free to moan at me, I have a lecture at University to get to in about 30 mins so I'm rushing this)
If you do it correctly it shouldn't be painful at all, actually. Itchy, yesh, painful, no. Since most people don't have really short pubic hair if they haven't shaved for a while (or ever), you'll need to take some scissors and cut all the excess off. It needs to be short, just make sure not to hurt yourself. Then you simply shave it like you would anything else, method-wise. In my case, I use an electric razor that only requires that my skin is wet. This was I can shave in the shower quickly and it feels less awkward. Remember when shaving that your skin, having not been shaved before, is sensitive and you should not, under any circumstances, push hard on the blade. There's two incredibly painful reasons for this. One is cuts, the other is razor burn. Neither are comfy anywhere on your body, but trust me, when you're also itching there, you don't need pain to go with it. Especially if you're like me and wear tight pants. Also, this is kind of a given, but shave slowly and gently against the grain. Emphasis on slowly and gently. The process, once you've done it a few times, gets to take only about 5 minutes or so at the most. Good luck!
Unread 10-27-2004, 07:35 PM   #154
Ethereal
Layered Harmony

Quote:
under any circumstances, push hard on the blade. There's two incredibly painful reasons for this. One is cuts, the other is razor burn. Neither are comfy anywhere on your body, but trust me, when you're also itching there, you don't need pain to go with it.
Oh I know that all too well, when I believed in the old fashioned convential way of shaving legs (razor), first time around I didn't pay that much attention and managed to a chunk of skin off my knee x.x Ouchies!
Unread 10-28-2004, 12:14 AM   #155
[harle]quin
Gacchup! XD

OW! Heh, I've yet to shave my legs simply because I don't really wear anything that exposes them. One day, though...

-Harurei
Unread 10-29-2004, 01:07 AM   #156
Kamatari.Honjo

hmm i never had trouble shaving. just lots and lots of soap. never cut myself
Kamatari.Honjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-29-2004, 04:35 PM   #157
[harle]quin
Gacchup! XD

Good one. I've never used soap (the dry/wet electrical razor doesn't need it...), but I know it's supposed to help a bunches (especially when shaving the balls, which should not EVER be done with an electric razor).

-Harurei
Unread 11-10-2004, 02:29 AM   #158
'Neko' Nick

Lightbulb My findings.

I experimented with Mizuno's technique for a bit today, and after some trial and error, I think I've figured it out. I'll try to explain it as best as I can. In keeping with the spirit of the thread, I'll be as candid as possible.

If you press in right above the shaft of your penis, you should feel a hard plate. That's your pelvic bone. Just above that is the cavity that your testes descended from. Essentially, you're attempting to push each teste up into its respective side of the pelvic bone. Think of them being moved out of the way, rather than being pushed inside you. They should slide into place rather neatly.

They'll bulge under your skin a little bit on either side (they do with me at least, but I'm incredibly skinny), but other than that they're well out of the way. It's fairly difficult to get them to stay up there in the first place, so there's no worries about them getting stuck up there. I'm going to experiment a bit with tape as soon as I can get my hands on some, to see how much success I can have with that.

Hope my explanation cleared things up a bit for those who're having problems.
'Neko' Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2004, 01:31 PM   #159
~*Annie*~

Red face Easiest way I found

I used to do a wrap around, but it always pulled loose. Now instead I just put it between my legs and it stays put as long as I walk en femme.
~*Annie*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2004, 01:28 PM   #160
[harle]quin
Gacchup! XD

That works when crossplaying or crossdressing, but there are some people, like me, who habitually wear tight pants and tuck for modesty's sake. I mean, I go to church in those pants, I don't need to be scaring the old people. XD That idea does work otherwise though. ^-^

-Harurei
Unread 12-05-2004, 04:30 AM   #161
Sexy_Bridget
Yaoi paddle magnet @_@

I tried it and it worked...but it felt wierd. Was i doing it for cosplaying? No, i just wanted to see if that worked. But it doesn't take away from it's wierdness. I don't think i have to worry about it too much anyways....cause i'm going to AX2005 as Bridget from Guilty Gear X2(look at my avatar) and he is a guy....just a girly looking guy.
Sexy_Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2004, 05:17 AM   #162
animeBecky21
Goofy girly user

Quote:
OW! Heh, I've yet to shave my legs simply because I don't really wear anything that exposes them. One day, though...

-Harurei
When/if you do trim the hair short with an electric trimmer or something first, or you'll have to rinse the razor every inch or so of passing and it will take forever.

Somewhere in here I posted about tucking. You can tape, or I find that tight underwear work - the best ones are bikinis that tie on the sides, but anything with an elastic leg opening that stretches only to a point seems to work. Lately I have been going with two pair of underwear, both to lessen the stress on the pair holding me in, and so I can wear pairs that wouldn't hold anything at all by themselves.

Then sometimes the bottom pair if it doesn't hold as well if it should, you can pull up between your cheeks like they were a thong and they will hold better. A pair of pantyhose over top works good too, and with control tops you can make tuck shorts out of the top when the legs get runs. Lots of options for different outfits that way without any taping needed.

I would reserve the actual taping for times when you plan to be dressed up for an extended period and don't plan to drink much (especially alcohol for those old enough, because it will make you have to go). My experience has been that tucking makes you perspire, taping makes that worse, perspiration makes the tape come off your skin, and once you untape it (such as to go to the bathroom) you have to redo the whole thing from scratch including clean off your skin.

My guess is the only actual harm in it would be for those trying to have children it might make you less able to - those things are down there for a reason - but the effect wouldn't be permanent by any stretch of the imagination.
animeBecky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2005, 11:52 PM   #163
kojirojames2004
Ho, ho, ho brother...

Here's another idea or two.

1. Wear two girdles or a jockstrap and girdle.

2. I got this one when I was at Gay Bingo in Philadelphia a couple years ago from a Bingo Verifying Diva (BVD). If you can't shave thine legs, wear a pair of suntan (or toast) tights over a pair of white tights.
Unread 01-09-2005, 11:15 AM   #164
[harle]quin
Gacchup! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeBecky21
When/if you do trim the hair short with an electric trimmer or something first, or you'll have to rinse the razor every inch or so of passing and it will take forever.
I wish you'd have said that a few weeks ago! XP I regularly shave now, but the first time it took me right aound three hours to get the initial shave over with. I just had to keep reminding myself that it was too late to stop and shaving in the future wouldn't take nearly as long. ><; Still sucked, though. Now it takes me about half an hour to shave both my legs and I don't like it too terribly much, I must say. Mostly I blame the very fine hair on my thighs that grows every which direction... I was thinking of investing in Nair for Men, any suggestions? I've heard it burns and I wanna know if the burn is worth it.

As for keeping the tuck in place, I've found that a relatively good idea is also to go out and buy some dance shorts. They're shaped like boxer-briefs but are made for dancers, obviously, so they're a bit tighter and stay in place better. They're still a bit loose in the crotch area (well, mine are... ), but not too terribly much. If you were to go with this option, I'd try wrapping with Ace Bandage or something for extra support.

-Harley
Unread 01-09-2005, 11:35 AM   #165
Mucai
Magical Girl

how do you stop hair from regrowing in the first place?
Mucai is offline   Reply With Quote