Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Nan Desu Kan

Unread 08-20-2017, 12:32 AM   #1
mushroom-chan

First Time going to NDK

Hi, I am attending Nan Desu Kan for the first time this year. Are there anyone who have been to the con before that can give me some advises? I just missed the pre-registration and I have some questions about on-site registration.

1)Where do registrations usually take place(like in the main hall etc.)?
2)How long are the lines usually?/How much time does it take to get through registration?
3)How early should I be there?

Thank you.
mushroom-chan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-20-2017, 12:38 PM   #2
EXEC_HYMME_MACARON
Michu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom-chan View Post
Hi, I am attending Nan Desu Kan for the first time this year. Are there anyone who have been to the con before that can give me some advises? I just missed the pre-registration and I have some questions about on-site registration.

1)Where do registrations usually take place(like in the main hall etc.)?
2)How long are the lines usually?/How much time does it take to get through registration?
3)How early should I be there?

Thank you.
Hey there! I've been going to NDK for Um.. over 10 years now? Soo I think I can help.

1. http://ndkdenver.org/location/ on that page there's a link called 2016TabloidFullMap that has a map of the hotel. Basically in the Hotel lobby there are stairs/escalators going downstairs and registration is down there.

2. I'm not the best person to ask for this, since I always pre-reg. That said I don't think it'll be a deal where you're in line for 4 hours straight or anything.

3. Onsite registration opens on Friday at 1:00 PM- 8:00 PM. That said, someone who deals with onsite registration lines could give a better answer. I would say maybe settle in the area about an hour early with some snacks, and watch some anime/play games on your phone or if you have a 3DS or anything.. IDK just something to keep you busy. That way you can jump right into line when registration opens
Unread 08-20-2017, 06:41 PM   #3
mushroom-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEC_HYMME_MACARON View Post
Hey there! I've been going to NDK for Um.. over 10 years now? Soo I think I can help.

1. http://ndkdenver.org/location/ on that page there's a link called 2016TabloidFullMap that has a map of the hotel. Basically in the Hotel lobby there are stairs/escalators going downstairs and registration is down there.

2. I'm not the best person to ask for this, since I always pre-reg. That said I don't think it'll be a deal where you're in line for 4 hours straight or anything.

3. Onsite registration opens on Friday at 1:00 PM- 8:00 PM. That said, someone who deals with onsite registration lines could give a better answer. I would say maybe settle in the area about an hour early with some snacks, and watch some anime/play games on your phone or if you have a 3DS or anything.. IDK just something to keep you busy. That way you can jump right into line when registration opens
Thank you so much for giving me some tips. I can only make it on Saturday unfortunately, but yeah, I have a better knowing of it now.
Unread 08-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #4
xRenascent
That crazy chick

I don't do on-site registration either, but I had a friend a couple of years back who had to do so. I think he had to wait like half an hour tops, and that was on Saturday morning? I'd give or take an extra half hour just to be on the safe side, maybe more if you're going during peak hours.

The con is in one hotel (or so I believe) but it's split up via Court Place and they connect internally via the skybridge on the second floor. There's also some water stations at every part of the con, but be sure to bring some extra water in case if they don't get filled up for a while.

Also, due to recent events, from what I've heard they had to beef up security a bit, so if you don't have your badge in certain areas they'll have to ask you to leave.

Potential 2017 Cons
Anime Expo/Colorado Springs Comic Con/Nan Desu Kan

Social Media Links
[deviantArt] | [Facebook (non-personal)] | [Tumblr] | [Twitter] | [World Cosplay]

I also stream/upload videos:
[Youtube] | [Twitch]
xRenascent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2017, 09:52 PM   #5
mushroom-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRenascent View Post
I don't do on-site registration either, but I had a friend a couple of years back who had to do so. I think he had to wait like half an hour tops, and that was on Saturday morning? I'd give or take an extra half hour just to be on the safe side, maybe more if you're going during peak hours.

The con is in one hotel (or so I believe) but it's split up via Court Place and they connect internally via the skybridge on the second floor. There's also some water stations at every part of the con, but be sure to bring some extra water in case if they don't get filled up for a while.

Also, due to recent events, from what I've heard they had to beef up security a bit, so if you don't have your badge in certain areas they'll have to ask you to leave.
Thank you so much on providing these useful information. Just one more question, sorry to bother you. I just read up on the schedules and other things and I saw something about panel passes. I am confused on where and where to get them.
Unread 08-24-2017, 01:25 AM   #6
EXEC_HYMME_MACARON
Michu

http://ndkdenver.org/lines/

If I remember correctly, there will be a staff member in the area handing them out.

It might be more helpful to contact the NDK staff directly. you can do so here: http://ndkdenver.org/home/contact-us/