Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 09-17-2017, 12:10 AM   #1
Foxes

Help with picking female armored cosplay.

Hey everyone,

I was wanted to cosplay a female character that was mostly armored but I'm not too familiar with characters from games such as WoW and Diablo lll. I'm more into comics and games and generally stay away from anime. I like the costume of slyvanas windrunner from WoW but not the skin tone. I realized that my fabrication skill with armour and worbla well exceeds my sewing skills and would like to focus on that. I love the look of breastplates and really want to make one.

I like to do sexier cosplay and I wanted a armored but not super bulky character. I'm not afraid of showing skin of showing off my...ehum... Assets. If possible I would like to keep it skin tone because that just add another layer of getting ready. I am a vender for most of my cosplays and I usually have to wake up VERY early to get ready so 2 more hours of body painting is not really feisable. If you guys can give me any ideas that would be great!!

P.s. I would probably buy the game after I picked a character to get a feel for the character.
Foxes is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-19-2017, 02:25 PM   #2
xIkuna

Female Shepard from Mass Effect
Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn has a bunch of different armor outfits
Cassandra Pentaghast from Dragon Age Inquisition

Thats all I can think of right now haha

Cosplays:
Young Ana Amari- Overwatch
Miu Iruma- New Danganronpa Version 3
Sansa Stark- Game of Thrones (Season 7)

xIkuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2017, 05:49 PM   #3
Scunosi

If you liked Sylvanas' armor but not painting your skin you should look at Alexstrasza. She's got fairly normal (if a bit pink/ruddy) skin and a very similar armor style. She's also a bit of a "sexy cosplay" icon, I think so anyway.

If you don't care for her exact design/colors there are plenty of other dragons, but Ysera has the same issue with painting your skin. Nozdormu has white skin but you'd have to do a genderbend design (if you have issues with that/don't want to have to change designs). In fact there's plenty of named dragons with human forms, or popular fan designs (like genderbent Deathwing), so while you may not know the lore you should maybe flip through the wiki page on WoW's dragons and browse the images there.

Oh, another option would be to look into the Dresspheres from Final Fantasy X-2. I've always been a fan of Yuna's Berserker sphere. Alchemist or Dark Knight would also be good options if you're looking for armor-heavy stuff.

Upcoming Conventions
---

Latest cosplay
Shy Gal (Nintendo Fan Design)

Working On
---

Last edited by Scunosi : 09-19-2017 at 06:11 PM.
Scunosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2017, 06:37 AM   #4
walkerofdarknes

You could always do Sylvanas as a High Elf (1)(in essence before she became a Banshee). Otherwise, your stock female Barbarian from Diablo 3 would be a viable candidate. You could even genderbend someone like...Arthas probably (pre-Lich King to avoid the skinpaint). The Heroes of the Storm version of Jaina actually has a Dreadlord variant (2), which would allow for some sexiness modifications. Although there would be some painting, but if you went with a bodysuit/athleticware in the grey tones underneath, you'd only have to paint your face.

And incidentally know a lady friend of mine saw my Gundam costume from this year and asked me if I could make her one, but like you said, sexy. I found a number of pics of what are called "Gundam Girls", which are the essential elements to identify the particular model, but the rest of the armor cut away to show more skin. Here's an example (3), but my design wasn't quite that....revealing.

EDIT: If you were wanting to go outside WOW/Diablo, you could go with Darkness from Konosuba, whose armor tends to get torn up (much to her excitement). Or you could even do a female Tony Stark/Iron Man (Iron Maiden?) with the armor trimmed back for appeal.

1 High Elf Sylvanas:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20110829095414

2 Dreadlord Jaina:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20170828215533

3 Cherudim Gundam Girl:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20111003181455

Last edited by walkerofdarknes : 09-21-2017 at 07:04 PM. Reason: New suggestions
walkerofdarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2017, 04:46 PM   #5
Foxes

Thank you everyone for all your suggestions. I'm going to think about all of them.
Foxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2017, 10:43 PM   #6
Indiana Jolly
INDIANA JOLLY

Personally, I think you'd make an awesome Sergeant Calhoun from 'Wreck-it-Ralph'!
Indiana Jolly is offline   Reply With Quote