Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 09-19-2017, 05:37 AM   #10276
GraceHound
Nikki V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana05 View Post
I just donít know how much longer my cat is going to live. She barely eats anymore. She was overweight before but now she is so skinny. We did so much to handle her diabetes but if she doesnít eat she isnít going to make it.

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I hope things change for the better.
GraceHound is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-19-2017, 08:09 PM   #10277
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Gunso View Post
I gave up on friends a long time ago, indeed I know the feeling.
Same. That's why I'm glad to have my one true friend. I couldn't even get through a damn class without people not being able to get their heads out of their asses just to talk about the class assignment and be done with it.

As for me. Classes are going well...however. There is this one kid in my class with...issues (far be it from me to use that word, and if anyone would kindly correct me please by all means be my guest. That's not the right word I want to use but the best one I could think of.)
I'm not saying it in a way meant to insult him, but it's based on his behavior and he's really creeping me out.
He's not causing me problems in the sense that's he's making my life a living hell (haha that was people from all three years of art school).
He keeps having to take a look at what I'm writing down for my own personal use, from my peripheral vision I can see he keeps stealing glances at me for God knows why and the last class (since we weren't there for the first class but that's another story) he kept getting in my personal space.
When I say my gut is telling me something's wrong. Something. is. wrong.
I even kept making faces to signal a hint (several times) but he doesn't get it. That may not be obvious, which brings me to the next thing about telling my teacher about but I'm unsure what I should say to her because he's not really doing anything wrong, just making me feel uncomfortable and it's irritating.

DTAC/Holiday Fan Days 2017:
Ruri Kurosaki, Yugioh Arc-V

Follow me:
Deviantart / Tumblr / Instagram / CureCos

"My outfit makes me feel powerful, too."

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 09-21-2017 at 08:05 PM.
Zoeyromanov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2017, 09:28 PM   #10278
Shana05
Survivor

Update: I ended up having to euthanize her. She was just withering away and clearly in a lot of pain. I didn't want to go on any longer.

NebrasKon: fem!Newt Scamander (Fantastic Beasts) - Eleven (Stranger Things) - Spyro gijinka (Spyro the Dragon)
Shana05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2017, 08:29 AM   #10279
Otaku Gunso
half elf flame haze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoeyromanov View Post
Same. That's why I'm glad to have my one true friend. I couldn't even get through a damn class without people not being able to get their heads out of their asses just to talk about the class assignment and be done with it.
Well, I fell out with my best friend back in high school because my parents verbally ripped her on her sexuality ... She was the only real friend I ever had too.
Otaku Gunso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2017, 08:12 PM   #10280
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Gunso View Post
Well, I fell out with my best friend back in high school because my parents verbally ripped her on her sexuality ... She was the only real friend I ever had too.
Aww, I'm sorry
This is somewhat like me, however my friend wasn't able to get in contact easily with me because she works for her mom at a salon, plus her mom had taken her phone away. She did give it back and cooled down a bit, and she does have Facebook but I'd rather send a message through my actual good friend (I consider her a friend, it's just I haven't seen her in a while and I did technically just meet her).
All the friends or at least people who are willing to hang out with I didn't even meet until recently. I lost pretty much all the friends I had growing up (with the exception of one.)
My sister and my mom didn't want one of my friends I hung out with growing up over for some weird reason. Still don't know why.

Follow me:

Unread 09-27-2017, 01:24 PM   #10281
Zoeyromanov
Performapal Leon

never mind

Follow me:

Last edited by Zoeyromanov : 09-27-2017 at 07:11 PM.
Unread 09-27-2017, 05:46 PM   #10282
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

I'm working a 12 hour shift tomorrow. They are only supposed to be able to schedule me for 8. I talked to my supervisor, she promised me she'd fix it. She never did. I found someone yesterday who was willing to take half my shift. We needed the supervisor to switch it in the system but we were told she's too busy so we should just write down what we wanted done and she'd do it later. It's now 24 hours later and my schedule still looks exactly the same, meaning she's done nothing to change it. That means I have to work the full shift tomorrow, or lose points and get coached for attendance. This isn't the first time I've had this problem with her, I've hounded her about this stuff prior for three weeks when she did the same thing in over scheduling me, promising she'd fix it, then never actually doing it because "I'm too busy". How about you work from nine in the morning to nine at night then, you're supposedly so "busy" yet I have a longer shift than you!

Conventions attended:
Anime Detour 2012
Geek.kon 2012, 2013 & 2016
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016

Last edited by Chiagirl : 09-27-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2017, 10:36 AM   #10283
Chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

And now I got woken up at 8 in the morning by people sawing down trees with heavy machinery in the yard across from us. I had 2 more hours before I had to get up, but it's hard to sleep through power equipment. When we were kids our parents never allowed us to call anyone before 9 in the morning because the ringing from the phone could wake up people who were still sleeping; you think there'd be a law or something that extends the same courtesy of no overly loud noises waking everyone up until after nine. Some of us do work night or evening shifts or just want a chance to sleep in for a change.

Conventions attended:
Anime Detour 2012
Geek.kon 2012, 2013 & 2016
Anime Milwaukee 2013
Anime Central 2014
Costume Con 2016
Chiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2017, 09:40 PM   #10284
Angelx624
Left here but came back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruttaKanashii View Post
Need a job
Can't get a job
Oh I know this feeling. Or more like not motivated enough to constantly look. ;___; When it comes to procrastinating I feel like I've mastered the art of doing so. x_X I know I should be looking more but sometimes it either slips my mind or I'm just not in the mood....... ugh I hate myself. :X

In the meantime I'm trying to get rid of stuff on ebay as well as make stuff to sell to earn money atm. x___x That's going....... meh.

Yay! (ノēωē)ノ

Angelx624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2017, 02:30 PM   #10285
ForestOwlMei
Mei

Okay, so this might be the oddest thing I ever posted. It's so dumb and little and yet it's bugging me. I'm not too angry, just confused when I realized this the other day. So I have a friend I have been cosplaying with for a long time now. We get along just fine, no problems. Since my boyfriend isn't too into cosplay these days, and I am fine with that, sometimes my friend and I cosplay couples just for fun and NON romantically. However, she always claims certain characters. Example, if we decide to cosplay from Yuri on Ice, she claims she will go as Victor. Out of Sailor Uranus and Neptune, she would have to be Uranus. Basically, 9 times out of 10 she picks the more "dominantly" (I guess) portrayed characters in the pair? Any ideas why? If I suggest it be the other way around, she isn't keen on the idea anymore...
ForestOwlMei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2017, 08:16 PM   #10286
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiagirl View Post
And now I got woken up at 8 in the morning by people sawing down trees with heavy machinery in the yard across from us. I had 2 more hours before I had to get up, but it's hard to sleep through power equipment. When we were kids our parents never allowed us to call anyone before 9 in the morning because the ringing from the phone could wake up people who were still sleeping; you think there'd be a law or something that extends the same courtesy of no overly loud noises waking everyone up until after nine. Some of us do work night or evening shifts or just want a chance to sleep in for a change.
PREACH. Last year they had road construction outside our apartment going on for months on end. And EVERY. FREAKING. DAY. And then a month behind schedule so they extended it another month! And they would always start BY 7 am and go for 12-14 hours. I was absolutely a fucking wreck from sleep deprivation and the assault on my ears of constant noise, machinery, dust and general construction shit. I hope to god nobody in our building was a shift worker...
And likewise, unless I know there's some kind of possible emergency going on in the family (like when my dad was dying of cancer), I just plain won't answer a phone call before 8 am or the door between 1 am and 7 am (we usually go to bed around midnight, and if someone's knocking on our door between those hours, they are definitely not anyone we know!). Heck, when I got the call from my aunt when my dad passed away in the wee hours of the morning, she did wait until a not-crazy hour in the morning to call me so I wouldn't have to be woken up at 6 am for horrible news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moofingham View Post
There's a vibe here that says "We're in this together!Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way."<3
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote