Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Closed Thread
Unread 02-03-2005, 10:38 PM   #16
Tia

If one of my friends said something like that to me.... it wouldn't be pretty. Ah, I hope you do go to Megacon. It's a nice convention.

Unread 02-03-2005, 10:39 PM   #17
Rei-sama
MoiMemeLolita

LOL I agree with everyone. It is all about confidence. Show everyone you love yourself and your costume and everyone else will think you are wonderful ^_^ It is all about the skill. Weight should never be an issue *huggles Dragonfly* You go girl^_~

EGL: Moi-Meme-Moitie

http://www.livejournal.com/users/sweetsailormars/
Unread 02-03-2005, 10:42 PM   #18
DarkDragonfly
Currently:In love

n_n thanks so much *hugs*

My deviantness

My stockness
Unread 02-03-2005, 10:46 PM   #19
RipTheVirus
*has a bucket of cookies*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Sephiroth
Maybe those girls are afraid that you will out do them with your sewing abilities! *gets an idea* I know, you should make an kick @ss costume that's better than theirs and prove to them that you can cosplay just as good, or even better, then they can.

Hecka! I second that motion. XD That'd show them all! And it'd shut them up, that's for sure. >.> muahahaha. With everyone's help on the site, you could totally make a kick ars costume. n_n=

Aba: pending
I-no: 45%
Unread 02-03-2005, 10:48 PM   #20
chibi_kitsune
creator of my own world

What does weight have to do with doing to a convention? Don't listen to them! If you want to go then go, if you want to cosplay then cosplay. Don't let what them stop you. They don't really sound like very good friends, friends are suppost to support you.

Last edited by chibi_kitsune : 02-03-2005 at 11:07 PM.
Unread 02-03-2005, 10:51 PM   #21
DarkDragonfly

wow so much feedback O_- I think Im gunna like it here

My deviantness

My stockness
Unread 02-03-2005, 10:57 PM   #22
Knight_Survive
The First

it shount matter if your big or small, fat or thin, Cosplayers are cosplayers. We do all of this for fun, no mater who much you deny it, we do it for fun. Some people will skull you for you or put you down for many reasons, but if that happends, one should only take things as a grain of salt and move on. Your better then everyone, everyone is better then everyone because everyone is who they are, they should be proud of themselves for who they are and what they are, regardless of what people say or do.
Unread 02-03-2005, 11:01 PM   #23
Mitchi
Resident Malkavian

Personally, I dont think it matters. I've seen many Ample figured cosplayers who do MUCH better than some of the thin ones i've seen.

Also, kudos to those who have the courage to actually go out and cosplay even if your figure is less than perfect. For one thing, you have better skill for being able to tailor the costumes to make it look good.

((small tibbit for no reason, Usagi (sailor moon) isnt really all that skinny in later episodes (dont remember what season, i think either Super S or Sailor stars) since they show Chibiusa making fun of her and zooming in XD))
Unread 02-03-2005, 11:03 PM   #24
DarkDragonfly

lol I recall that XD

My deviantness

My stockness
Unread 02-03-2005, 11:04 PM   #25
Starfyre
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Elerith:
EDIT: If they're always saying things like that to you, I hope you tell them how rude that behaviour is, even if you're friends. They should think about what they're doing and how it affects other people. If they don't like your views, and continue to make disparaging comments, as much as it would suck, perhaps it's come time to let the friendships go. We shouldn't surround ourselves with negativity.
I second what she said. I was always a lil more cushier than my other friends, and thought nothing of it, until they started making comments. At first didnt want to think much of it, but they just kept saying it regardless of me telling them look I dont criticize you do i? So I just decided to heck with it, if the only reason I am being here is because you are my friends but you are just making me feel low--then your not my friends and I dumped them on their butts. I have been much happier since, made a great new bunch of friends and it does a world of difference.

And P-shaw to your friends telling you not to do cosplay--do what makes you feel happy! Not what anyone else thinks will make you happy or secretly make them happy. And if that made any sense to anyone, its even better ^__^ Good luck!!

http://celestial-showers.net/images/MayaOtakon2005.jpg
Unread 02-03-2005, 11:06 PM   #26
DarkDragonfly

Lol made perfect sense thanks so much

My deviantness

My stockness
Unread 02-03-2005, 11:12 PM   #27
Mitchi
Resident Malkavian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleryth
EDIT: If they're always saying things like that to you, I hope you tell them how rude that behaviour is, even if you're friends. They should think about what they're doing and how it affects other people. If they don't like your views, and continue to make disparaging comments, as much as it would suck, perhaps it's come time to let the friendships go. We shouldn't surround ourselves with negativity.
Ah yes, just to add, i remember when my own boyfriend (now my ex bwaha) once told me not to cosplay misao as I was "too fat"...i promtly kicked his ass the next day.

he may have knocked my self esteem a bit, but frankly, i'm glad he was such a jerk about it as it helped me to pwn his ass. And as you can see from my sig, my misao costume is going on as planned! XD
Unread 02-03-2005, 11:14 PM   #28
DarkDragonfly

See my boyfriend says Im perfect and would be really upset if I got "skinny" he says healthy is good but thin or skinny isnts attractive
I think its because he doesnt want his eye jabbed out with a rib bone when he lays his head in my lap XD
My last boyfriend was obsessed with me losing weight I was 146 when we first met and when we split I was 96 pounds
I had to go into the hospital for awhile

My deviantness

My stockness

Last edited by DarkDragonfly : 02-03-2005 at 11:17 PM.
Unread 02-03-2005, 11:19 PM   #29
Mitchi
Resident Malkavian

good for you :D

At least now i know that anyone who doesnt think i can succesfully cosplay anyone i try to just because of my body shape, he can go live in the gutter with my wavemaster staff up his bung. XD

I'm just glad my friends believe in me to some extent...XD
Unread 02-03-2005, 11:20 PM   #30
DarkDragonfly

LOL!!! OMG THATS A WASTE OF A GOOD STAFF!! At least wack him with it first :P

My deviantness

My stockness
Closed Thread